•  

COVID19 Compliant - Night Newbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - Sharjah - 15 Jul 2021

Gaurav

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and Above

When:  15 July 2021, Thursday.

Meeting time: 10:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/oJTqsfqzZbwh75d88

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 2:00 AM, 16 July 2021, Friday

End Point: 2nd Dec Cafeteria or Bidayer (hopefully) 

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. WE WILL  ENDING THE DRIVE A POINT, WHICH IS NOT CLOSE TO AN AIR LINE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 3:00pm
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on the Calendar below 

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 7/10/2021 at 2:12 PM, AlexM said:

Interested, RSVP not open yet?

All drive calendars will be unlocked today at 7 PM to RSVP.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

I wouldn't expect this as a requirement. They are beneficial when driving in the night alone, but in the convoy you can blind up the car in front of you if you get too close. Depends on your lights of course.

Edited by AlexM

25 minutes ago, AlexM said:

I wouldn't expect this as a requirement. They are beneficial when driving in the night alone, but in the convoy you can blind up the car in front of you if you get too close. Depends on your lights of course.

Agree. But I have seen most of the cars in the club with such extra lights.  So wanted to get confirmation. This would be my first drive in the night.

Just now, FARAZ MOHAMMED said:

Agree. But I have seen most of the cars in the club with such extra lights.  So wanted to get confirmation. This would be my first drive in the night.

On the same page here mate, first drive in the night in the sands, and also first drive with the club) I think we will be fine with the guidance of the drive leaders.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, FARAZ MOHAMMED said:

Hi @Gaurav, Could you please confirm if we need special Offroad lights to join this drive?

Hi Faraz you dont need additional lights to follow in the convoy night drive, high beam headlight is sufficient and MUST, just make sure your car high beam are working.

11 hours ago, AlexM said:

On the same page here mate, first drive in the night in the sands, and also first drive with the club) I think we will be fine with the guidance of the drive leaders.

HI Alex, please join absolute newbie drive first and then you can join any night drive or day drive at newbie level of your choice.

Absolute newbie drive is MUST for everyone joining Carnity Offroad Club to understand the convoy style driving, discipline and get safe introduction to sand driving in daylight first.

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, AlexM said:

Ok no worries, didn't know that. Will wait for the next drive available. 

There is one scheduled for coming Friday.

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use