•  

COVID19 Compliant - Night Newbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - Sharjah - 15 Jul 2021

Gaurav

On 7/9/2021 at 1:14 PM, Gaurav said:

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and Above

When:  15 July 2021, Thursday.

Meeting time: 10:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/ez7NkXEttoXk2CqV7

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 2:00 AM, 16 July 2021, Friday

End Point: 2nd Dec Cafeteria or Bidayer (hopefully) 

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. WE WILL  ENDING THE DRIVE A POINT, WHICH IS NOT CLOSE TO AN AIR LINE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 3:00pm
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on the Calendar below 

Hello, 

I apologize but I'm going to have to drop out of this drive.

Here is the convoy numbering 

We will be using channel 1

For any emergencies you can contact me on 050 5258706

Please watch the newbie briefing video posted on first page of drive post here.

No video = No drive

@Badar Tariq @Mohammed Azar @Peter Hager @Faraz Mohammad @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ @Ashok chaturvedi @M.Seidam

1. Gaurav                       Silver Pajero SWB
  2. Badar Tariq                Pajero
  3. Mohammed Azar      Pajero
  4. Peter Hager               Wrangler
  5. Faraz Mohammed     Pajero SWB
  6. Mohd. Kashif             Yellow Wrangler
  7. Ashok Chaturvedi      Yellow FJ Cruiser
  8. Mod. Seidem             White Xterra
  • Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

A night drive under the crescent 🌙 

This time it’s ain’t a 🌕 and could never be better than a dive under the full crescent moon 🌙.

chapter one : the trip

Every one was on time , except one with complete no show leaving a total of seven adventurers including our lead to dance our way from tawi Nazwa , across pink rock , till big red.

climbing pink rock rock was a piece of cake even for the three newbies at their first or second drive after their AN , only one of the three had it from the third attempt. Beautiful to be on the other side now for a quick breath taking break after which we descended which became more fun gliding and sloping in a Newbie style fashion. some back tracks were necessary to cross the newbies safely till our lead found a way to the sand track all the way from north to south direction till big red. I had to say for the three newbie fellow drivers was impressive that only couple of refusals could be self managed nicely with guidance either from the trip lead or the support team as the situation dictated best , what a beautiful communication and synchrony was that 👍. Eventually we reached big red ( eastern side) and our trip lead climbed first to scout the top as usual. However the top was not as we all knew before after almost 70 percent of climb and @Gaurav found him self in a nasty situation which entails our help. Now it was almost 01:45 am and decision was taken to exit the convoy safely and it was.

Chapter two : extreme recovery

In no time I returned back to big red to join @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQand @Ashok chaturvedi while @Gaurav was up at top cooking the up coming plan 😅

we have a situation here! Basically up there were 4 pits in decreasing order of size where the largest was south and the tightest , where Gaurav car , north separated by razor sharp ridges and slip sides of varying angles and steepness. 

being the proposed plan set and communicated clearly among us we started our “ rock and roll “ dance leaving the tune of it to Mother Nature and the moves were on us. 
the idea was to bring Kashif’s winch enabled wrangler to the best position which was not an easy task in the dark. Before finding that spot kashif got crested in the second pit with nose pointed east . At this point me and Ashok ( being my passenger ) climbed to help breaking the crest . Done and upon the third attempt and with  precise communication from Gaurav finally found the best spot and winching started. We knew that the recovery car will end in the second pit eventually and that was planned and we had no choice. Recovering one car after the other from the tightest to the largest pits. Before I reposition my vehicle on the best spot ( third pit ridge or best solid area ) I had to examine it on foot. Leaving the three standing with sufficient distance their flash light 💡 made a runway end point were I can maneuver the third pit . Descending down all the way and climb again towards the lights and it was only one chance and thankfully i ended in the spot where I could tug Kashif’s car where after that gave him the space to maneuver the second pit . unfortunately his right front wheel popped out . Luckily the sand track which was placed under the left front and back wheels worked and sensed the traction . Fixed and  eventually kashif got out looping around my standing car which is now slightly side sloped in the third bigger pit . Kashif out. Now Gaurav had to bring his car to we’re kashif was swing it back and forth with 6 psi deflated tires to compact the sand and I was his eyes not to fall in the reverse side. Somehow he could manage to maneuver in the second pit ( advantage of SWB ) and experience of course so now the nose of the tiger ready to attack for one last time. He did and before getting crested between the second and third pit he steered down to the reverse side ( we examined it previously in case ) . “The beginning light of dawn gave us a bless to show us the way back home “ then Gaurav in no time was down . Insisting to come back for me leaving his car at 70% nose up and on foot he was my eyes 👀 to guide  me from the third to 4th largest pits and I was out . Descending together like that 👇

image.jpeg.5cc63dcade021c4c2beab724f0e9a120.jpegimage.jpeg.da1d96854317a086b69275bdd9baba9d.jpeg

I have to say hard time only uncover how brave men can stand and stick together fighting  their way out , and every one was calm courageous and attentive , and in times in between still humorous with laughter and relaxing smile . 

Cheers 🙏👍👌

Mohamed 

Edited by M.Seidam
  • Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use