•  

COVID19 Compliant - Absolute Newbie Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 16 Jul 2021

Srikumar

Hello! I'm really excited to be joining this drive. I'm completely new to off-roading, and I'll be bringing along a 2006 Pajero.

Edit: I’ve got myself a tire deflator, pressure gauge and portable compressor. Is there any other equipment I’ll be needing/will be good to have? This is my first ever drive, so I’d rather be safe (and prepared) than not 😅

Edited by jerzen
Additional question

On 7/14/2021 at 10:55 AM, jerzen said:

Hello! I'm really excited to be joining this drive. I'm completely new to off-roading, and I'll be bringing along a 2006 Pajero.

Edit: I’ve got myself a tire deflator, pressure gauge and portable compressor. Is there any other equipment I’ll be needing/will be good to have? This is my first ever drive, so I’d rather be safe (and prepared) than not 😅

Welcome @jerzen, the gear that you have should be sufficient for your first offroad adventure. Just ensure that you have tow points at the front and back, ofcourse Pajeros do have them, but better to be sure. See you tomorrow morning at 5 AM.

2 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

Welcome @jerzen, the gear that you have should be sufficient for your first offroad adventure. Just ensure that you have tow points at the front and back, ofcourse Pajeros do have them, but better to be sure. See you tomorrow morning at 10 AM.

Thank you @Srikumar! I've double checked and yes, there are tow hooks at both the back and front. Also, aren't we meeting up at 5 AM? Not 10 AM?

@munkybizness @Damien Ranjit @Ramandbx @AlexM @eldose baby @jerzen @Pieter Potgieter @ASHFAQ HUSSAIN @Alexanderrr

As we are less than 24 hours from the start of the drive, here is a brief of what we plan to do tomorrow:

PREPARATION FOR THE DRIVE AND WHAT TO EXPECT

1) Please ensure that you reach the meeting point on time, i.e., 5:00 AM sharp. Reaching 10 mins early would be better, but dont be late.  Also, ensure that you have tow points at the front and rear with 8 inch (min ground clearance)

2) All first timers with Carnity need to ensure that they have gone through the Newbie briefing Video :

3)  The senior members on tomorrow's drive would be @Nivin and I would be leading the drive. 

4) We will be using Carnity Channel 1 tomorrow. (446.00625 Mhz). The instructions to program the radio are provided in the below post. Please ensure that you have a fully charged and programmed radio before the drive. If you dont have a radio, we shall provide you with a spare radio for this drive. From the next drive you should have your own radios

5) All traction controls, ABS and Air bags need to be switched off. While turning off traction control is mandatory, its ok if you are unable to turn off the Airbags for this drive. Traction Control, ABS and Airbags can be disabled by a button or by pulling the fuse. Incase of any queries you can always ask me or Nivin before the drive or better still, post your queries on this drive post and we would assist. 

6) You will need a pressure gauge and deflator as a minimum. If you have a compressor it would be better as the compressor at Last Exit does malfunction from time to time.  

7) For highway tyres you can deflate to 15 psi. Those who have AT tyres, you can deflate to 13 psi. 

8 ) Feel free to ask questions at any time. 

9) Convoy Numbering will be posted today evening after 7 pm. 

We shall be starting the drive on some flat tracks and would build up the pace from there depending on the convoy response. We will be driving for about 3.5 hours practicing driving in sand, proper steering control, crossing some dunes, and getting you and your vehicle more familiarized with the desert.

By 8:45 am we will be heading out towards the Qudra Parking.

My number in case of emergency is 055-9567471

COVID PRECUATIONS

COVID is still very much there, so once you reach the meeting point, park your cars at sufficient distance from each other. Always wear your masks while stepping out of your cars. Once done deflating, please get back into your cars immediately. Drivers will be responsible for the compliance of their passengers as well.

4 hours ago, jerzen said:

Thank you @Srikumar! I've double checked and yes, there are tow hooks at both the back and front. Also, aren't we meeting up at 5 AM? Not 10 AM?

Yes its 5 AM. Corrected my response. 

On 7/13/2021 at 5:23 PM, eldose baby said:

Hi Sreekumar , This is Eldose Baby, I am an absolute inexperienced desert driver. Even though I have registered with my Lexus GX460, I might be brining FJ Cruiser since it do have the compressor. Me and 2 of my friends will be coming in one car. Please let me know if this is ok.

Hi Eldose, would like to confirm if you would be joining us tomorrow morning? If so, please RSVP on the calendar event of this drive. Thanks.

3 hours ago, ASHFAQ HUSSAIN said:

Hi Good Afternoon Everyone, i m First timer , excited to learn about desert driving, please if can advice me what r minimum things which i needs to bring tomorrow, so later i can buy full set.

Have a deflator (or screw driver, key) and a pressure gauge as a minimum. If you have an air compressor that would be great, else you will have to spend sometime waiting at the gas station to reinflate.

1 hour ago, Alexanderrr said:

Hi everyone,just want to check if we do have to deflate the tyres at the meeting point or we should drive somewhere else first

thank you

Once you reach the meeting point, you can start deflating to 15 psi. I would be there a bit early so incase of any doubt would be glad to assist.

Convoy Numbering

1. Srikumar - XJ

2. munkybizness - Patrol Y61

3. Damien Ranjit - Pathfinder

4. jerzen - Pajero

5. ASHFAQ HUSSAIN - Pajero

6. Alexanderrr - Pajero

7. Mohamad Ziad Alhennawi - Hummer H3

8. eldose baby - FJ

9. Ramandbx - Wrangler

10. AlexM - Wrangler

11. Pieter Potgieter - Wrangler

12. Nivin - Xterra

In case of emergency my contact number is 055-9567471. See you tomorrow morning.

Important Information

Terms of use