•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nizwa - Sharjah - 16 Jul 2021

Brette

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and Above

When:  16 July 2021, Friday.

Meeting time: 5:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/hJyBe99yh1Lsfy6F7

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9:00 AM, 16 July 2021, Friday

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. WE WILL  ENDING THE DRIVE A POINT, WHICH IS NOT CLOSE TO AN AIR LINE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 3:00pm
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on the Calendar below 

• Gaurav changed the title to COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nizwa - Sharjah - 16 Jul 2021

Drive RSVP is now closed. 

Convoy order below.

Please go through the tutorial videos and make sure your cars front and rear tow hooks are in order.  Hope all of you also have the required gear for the Fewbie level drives.

See you all tomorrow morning at 5:00 AM and we will be using Radio channel 4, 446 081 25.

1 Brette Lead JGC
2 @Sunil Mathew 2nd Lead Yellow Wrangler
3 @Miguel Codes   Red Wrangler
4 @Zixuan Huang - Charlie   Pathfinder
5 @Abdul Rafay-S   Yellow Wrangler
6 @darren thompson   Raptor
7 @Paul Zeitoun   Ram
8 @Shaaz Sha Sweep Grey Wrangler

• Like (+1) 5

Hello guys, Thank you all for a wonderful day offroading and you guys were amazing today. Everyone showed up on time and we had  to wait for @Abdul Rafay-S car to reach .we had a smooth start and rarely had any troubles.  The only break we had was when we had to deal with the torn off tire. Thanks to @Brette for the selection of the area and terrain, We had everything to entertain and practice our driving skills from technical soft patches, some super sideys to high climbs @Sunil Mathewexecuted the role of the second lead to perfection.Did very well👍. @Miguel Codes did superb with you wrangler and had no issues at all @Zixuan Huang - Charliehandled his pathfinder very well today and I am sorry about your bumper and inner fender. Did well bro @Abdul Rafay-S, good job bro. did Amazing with your wrangler 👏👏 And finally about the two beasts in the convoy 😁😁 F150 and RAM @darren thompson and @Paul Zeitoun, guys you were really good literally charging towards any challenges on your way.. superb. Guys once again thanking all for a superb day. some pics in the gallery 🙏

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Brette for the wonderful drive. Your initial briefing said that the drive would be slow as the wind was playing spoil sport and there were lot of soft patches. This gave me some solace as it was 2 weeks since my last drive as I skipped drives last week and was already feeling a bit rusty 😀, plus it was my first fewbie second lead. The drive turned out to be a great one with a right mix of everything. 

I need to apologise to the rest of the convoy, as I had multiple refusals due to my car cutting off power, I had my OBD scanner connected full time during the drive and saw that during short steep climbs , my engine load was reaching 100% which obviously would result in power cut offs. Coolant temperatures were fine and never went above 110 degC. 

did a google search and it seems there are plenty of reasons why this happens, and not sure where to start 😃..will keep this under observation 

good driving with you guys @Miguel Codes - thanks for the advices, @Zixuan Huang - Charlie - our paths cross again , @Abdul Rafay-S, @darren thompson, @Paul Zeitoun

thanks @Shaaz Sha for sweeping the convoy, the drive report and the encouraging words on my second lead 

Looking forward and coming back for more!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use