•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Shuwaib - Sharjah - 17 Jul 2021

Islam Soliman

1 minute ago, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

No worries, take good rest for saving future drives!!! See you on another drive.

Sure. @Islam Soliman is a good lead and you have friends to guide you. Make us all proud @Lakshmi Narasimhan

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 minute ago, Alexanderrr said:

@Islam Soliman did not cross this information 👍

In due course of time once you are over the initial blues of integration into the club and its activities in extreme sports I'm sorry to say probably your family might think you have gone bonkers. They will look at you with bewildered eyes not understanding what the ****** you are doing. Well if you are into adventure sports you are in the right place with like minded people. Integrate yourself with the club and its policies everything will become crystal clear. Hope you and your transportation will be upto the game. 😃. Once bitten by the desert and the adventure you will not be @Alexanderrr. You will be man and machine integrated into one working unit. Now the question is are u game?   

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Alexanderrr said:

I am definatelly up to the game 🚙

I have patience,I just had a diffrent perspective of intermediate drive with assumtion of a next level of newbie/fewbie drive 😄

It is the another level of course after you complete the stipulated number of drives in each category. It is there in Carnity website and you can follow it. Version 3.0 for promotion from one level to another. 

Don't know if its proper to post the images taken during the recovery of @Shaaz Sha car from inside the desert. Couldn't resist posting. 

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Islam Soliman thanks for the wonderful drive. We were welcomed with the rainbow. 
image.jpeg.8f3734842a913b32d29d2b3dbbc89171.jpeg

Enjoyed the technical area, iftar bowl and super bowl a lot. Being a small convoy we were able to attempt multiple times and we were the first convoy today to enjoy the terrain. Very few refusals and couple of pop-outs fixed quickly. Unfortunately Shaaz belt had issue which took some time to fix as we had to get help from outside, luckily weather was on our side. Thanks to @Thomas Varghese for coming to recovery with the mechanic. Very good team effort, way to go. Looking for many more such drives. Thanks to everyone in the convoy. Few pics posted in gallery.

Edited by Lakshmi Narasimhan
Edit
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

2 hours ago, Lakshmi Narasimhan said:

@Islam Soliman thanks for the wonderful drive. We were welcomed with the rainbow. 
image.jpeg.8f3734842a913b32d29d2b3dbbc89171.jpeg

Enjoyed the technical area, iftar bowl and super bowl a lot. Being a small convoy we were able to attempt multiple times and we were the first convoy today to enjoy the terrain. Very few refusals and couple of pop-outs fixed quickly. Unfortunately Shaaz belt had issue which took some time to fix as we had to get help from outside, luckily weather was on our side. Thanks to @Thomas Varghese for coming to recovery with the mechanic. Very good team effort, way to go. Looking for many more such drives. Thanks to everyone in the convoy. Few pics posted in gallery.

I had left the drive yesterday because of being tired and seeing the windy conditions. But fate brought me back to the drive in the form of assisting in recovering @Shaaz Sha's disabled car because of a broken engine belt. Under no circumstances that car could have been towed outside as once the engine belt breaks it disables not only the radiator fan but all vital power assisted systems like power steering, power brakes, alternator probably even the valve train. The only option was to get the mechanic inside the desert and install the new belt. Luckily the call came when I was about to leave for office. The mechanic after some cajoling and temptations from me and my partner agreed to come. The drive to locate the car from tarmac was nothing less than an IM drive. I hope @Islam Soliman will add me to the drive as it took almost 3 hours to enter and exit and count it as a drive. Just kidding. 😃. This just shows what ever your wish God disposes his way. I was not supposed to be part of the drive but in the end had an exciting drive. Kuddos to @Islam Soliman for staying with @Shaaz Sha, @Gaurav Soni & @Lakshmi Narasimhan until the end and seeing the car reached the tarmac safely even though I had told @Shaaz Sha to make him go back home as he must be tired after leading the drive from 4.30 AM. We knew the area well as it was almost the same place where my differential broke at night a month back. That time my friends @Shaaz Sha & @GauravSoni stood with me until the ordeal was over and missed their next day drive. Glad to return the favor. Now we have 2 more friends @Islam Soliman & @Lakshmi Narasimhan who we can surely fall back in times of need. It was risky to go back in just 2 cars to the difficult spot and was comforting to have @Lakshmi Narasimhan with his winch and an experienced @Islam Soliman leading to the area. End of the day the car was recovered and dropped off to its parking and @Shaaz Sha right now is flying among the clouds to his hometown. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use