•  
Advertise here

MY MYSTERY WRANGLER PROBLEM!!

White smoke is indeed serious, but @Gok Krish once coolant and oil mix due to head gasket failure there is no turning back to normal without opening the engine head.

I really doubt head gasket has failed as Trading Ent boys would have spotted that with closed eyes.

If you suspect this then as a first step you can ask agency to test coolant for hydrocarbon presence. Second you can ask them to do compression test or leak down test to check all cylinders health, pretty simple and mechanical test to eliminate engine head gasket failure doubt in less than 1 hour job.

At least once you are sure that engine or gasket hasn't been shot then you know some sensor played the role (less critical).

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

8 hours ago, Niki said:

@Zed @Gok Krish - yes that what I remember … a puff of white and as mentioned only for a short amount of time just like the video!  

in that case the white smoke is probably due to blow-by, but this assumes there were lots of going uphill / climbing during the trip... 

2 hours ago, Zed said:

in that case the white smoke is probably due to blow-by, but this assumes there were lots of going uphill / climbing during the trip... 

thanks @Zed that is not an impossible cause too...waiting for the Trading guys to give me a feedback...