•  
Advertise here

Pajero tuning advice needed

Hi @Gaurav Sonii understand from Fred that you are driving a tuned Pajero, I am driving 2008 3.0LWB which has the transmission upshift issue. I am planning to do ecu remap from chipcentic, so prior to getting this done, thought of getting feedback from you on the engine performance and any other issues confronted post upgrade.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Naveen Raj said:

Hi @Gaurav Sonii understand from Fred that you are driving a tuned Pajero, I am driving 2008 3.0LWB which has the transmission upshift issue. I am planning to do ecu remap from chipcentic, so prior to getting this done, thought of getting feedback from you on the engine performance and any other issues confronted post upgrade.

@GauravSoni

Tagged the real GauravSoni ;) 

• Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hey @Naveen Raj I did my car tuning using unichip… it gave me 5 engine maps to choose from based on the drive.. a much more economical than standard stock map to a high power output map… my major issue was the transmission not holding the gear 1 which is needed for long climbs… unichip solved that situation for me… now it holds gear one with 6000 rpm (duff duff sound )as long/as high momentum takes me!

I am not so sure about chip centric as it’s a one time tune with no choices. but neither have I seen it personally.. so it’s your better judgement. Do let me know your experience. 

Edited by GauravSoni
  • Thanks (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, GauravSoni said:

Hey @Naveen Raj I did my car tuning using unichip… it gave me 5 engine maps to choose from based on the drive.. a much more economical than standard stock map to a high power output map… my major issue was the transmission not holding the gear 1 which is needed for long climbs… unichip solved that situation for me… now it holds gear one with 6000 rpm (duff duff sound )as long/as high your  momentum takes you! 

I am not so sure about chip centric as it’s a one time tune with no choices. but neither have I seen it personally.. so it’s your better judgement. Do let me know your experience. 

Thanks @GauravSoni. I have been told the remap will hike the rpm limit to 6000 (which I hope will resolve the upshift issue) complemented by 25hp increase and 30 to 40Nm torque gain.. will let u know the outcome after the remap..

6 hours ago, GauravSoni said:

@Naveen Raj I would suggest that you make sure that they confirm that upshifting will be resolved.. I think it needs some cabling to be done from the engine bay.

Well noted @GauravSoni

@GauravSoniI have done the ecu remap, the upshift now happens at around 5800rpm, previously it was happening at 5500rpm, I could feel the difference in torque In first and second gear between 3000 to 4000rpm which I believe will make my hill climb effortless than before, but still I have to learn to control my rpm below 5800. Now will have to wait and see how these performance figures will help me in sand.

Unfortunately the garage did not provide any sort of report for the performance figures they claimed nevertheless I could feel the difference while driving.

I have checked with unichip but the price quoted ( 2650 AED) was not within my budget.

That’s amazing @Naveen Raj… what I understand is your max rpm has been bumped upto 5800…if I read it correctly , it mean that upshift happens but now at 5.8k!! 
that’s definitely better than stock…

unichip is expensive. I paid 3k about 7 months ago for the Q4 version. 

C u in soon in sand!

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, GauravSoni said:

That’s amazing @Naveen Raj… what I understand is your max rpm has been bumped upto 5800…if I read it correctly , it mean that upshift happens but now at 5.8k!! 
that’s definitely better than stock…

unichip is expensive. I paid 3k about 7 months ago for the Q4 version. 

C u in soon in sand!

Your understanding is correct, it’s a lot better than stock now.. see you soon in sand 😀