•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Suwaydan to Mahafiz - Sharjah - 22 Jul 2021

Frederic

Thank you @Frederic for leading us through such a splendid, fun filled drive this morning. We had a relatively large convoy and Kudos to all for their superb driving through the close technical dunes to climbing the mighty Faya with finesse.

Thank you @Hisham Masaad and @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ for the support, it was a pleasure, as always, driving with you.

To the rest of the convoy, it was great meeting and driving with you today. Hope to see you soon on the sands. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you all for the wonderful drive. @Frederic, @Hisham Masaad, @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ& @Ranjan Das thanks for the superb lead and management. The terrain today was unlike I have been in earlier drives.

This is has been an extremely technical drive for me and taught so much more about driving in this specific terrain. It was all about sticking to the narrow paths, avoiding the vegetation and managing all those dips (i never realized that there could be so many dips in one drives :) ).  I believe with each drive I get to learn something completely new and thats something I am thoroughly enjoying.

Have uploaded a couple of images in the gallery that I captured.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Drive Report

The Suwaydan area is often overlooked by other clubs, mainly due to the fact that there aren't a lot of play areas or "clean dunes" in which you can side slope. I personally always love exploring all types of terrain and believe a good all-round offroader should learn to manage all types of terrain. The small technical dunes, plentiful vegetation, and wonderful scenic views make this area one of my personal favorites and i love coming back here every single time. 

We met up on time, and after deflation and briefing we started our drive towards the sun. We saw Faya mountain up ahead and knew this was our first destination, but first the plan was to explore Suwaydan and practice the "dips" as Jeetu describes them so well, This terrain teaches everyone a lot about perfect throttle control and precise steering and i was amazed that we were able to cover it with hardly any refusals or recoveries.

Once we crossed this first section, we crossed the road and approached Faya from the back side. The fantastic bowls surrounding Faya are always fun, but we had still a big route ahead of us, so after climbing Faya via the cheat route, we made our way back down and headed towards Mahafiz.  We exited around 8:30 after 3 hours driving and having covered around 45kms without hassles.

I was extremely impressed with all of you, especially the members that came with a big 4x4 which makes navigating small technical dunes extra challenging. Well done !!

Of course, the wonderful support from @Hisham Masaad and @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ and superb second lead of @Ranjan Das made the most difference. As i've mentioned before we emphasize on team work, and it was an amazing morning with all of you !

@sheri i hope this kids are feeling better, i have also learned that sitting as passengers in the back is a totally different experience from driving. See you soon again !

@Arman you were weighing down @Aisha Sa tiny bit, but still she drove up Faya like it was nothing 😁 It will be great to see her on Fewbie level drives very soon ! Thanks for joining as a passenger ! 

See you all soon in the sand again !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Thank you @Frederic⁩ for the great lead! Loved the photo break and sweep back support by @Hisham Masaad, @munkybiznessyou really did a impressive job as your first newbie drive with your dreamed brand new Y61, i feel so relaxation when driving behind you. Looking forward to have next drive with you.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Daniel Yang said:

Thank you @Frederic⁩ for the great lead! Loved the photo break and sweep back support by @Hisham Masaad, @munkybiznessyou really did a impressive job as your first newbie drive with your dreamed brand new Y61, i feel so relaxation when driving behind you. Looking forward to have next drive with you.

And the hat tips right back at you @Daniel Yang. Watching your Y62 gliding in my rear-view mirror, hoovering up the desert sands in your deft hands was the most fulfilling sight. I look forward to having our two generations meet again soon!

And to @Frederic, thank you for what was the most visually magnificent drive. From that glorious sunrise to the changing colors of the sand shining with the rising light, I was in a visual trance. Perhaps, that's the reason I completely missed those bushes 😛 - thank you @Hisham Masaad for bailing me out on that one and for the phenomenal advice on the climb. @Ranjan Das watching you lead me with a LWB gave me so much more confidence on approach angles.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thank you very much @Frederic for three drive, pleasure meeting you again in sand. Enjoyed the drive with the team who has done good job, and did not allow us and others to spend more time shoveling and tugging. Glad to meet many for the first time, who were doing goods job, good to meet you again @Ranjan Das @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ. Look forward to see you in sand again

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

On 7/23/2021 at 8:20 AM, Frederic said:

Drive Report

The Suwaydan area is often overlooked by other clubs, mainly due to the fact that there aren't a lot of play areas or "clean dunes" in which you can side slope. I personally always love exploring all types of terrain and believe a good all-round offroader should learn to manage all types of terrain. The small technical dunes, plentiful vegetation, and wonderful scenic views make this area one of my personal favorites and i love coming back here every single time. 

We met up on time, and after deflation and briefing we started our drive towards the sun. We saw Faya mountain up ahead and knew this was our first destination, but first the plan was to explore Suwaydan and practice the "dips" as Jeetu describes them so well, This terrain teaches everyone a lot about perfect throttle control and precise steering and i was amazed that we were able to cover it with hardly any refusals or recoveries.

Once we crossed this first section, we crossed the road and approached Faya from the back side. The fantastic bowls surrounding Faya are always fun, but we had still a big route ahead of us, so after climbing Faya via the cheat route, we made our way back down and headed towards Mahafiz.  We exited around 8:30 after 3 hours driving and having covered around 45kms without hassles.

I was extremely impressed with all of you, especially the members that came with a big 4x4 which makes navigating small technical dunes extra challenging. Well done !!

Of course, the wonderful support from @Hisham Masaad and @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ and superb second lead of @Ranjan Das made the most difference. As i've mentioned before we emphasize on team work, and it was an amazing morning with all of you !

@sheri i hope this kids are feeling better, i have also learned that sitting as passengers in the back is a totally different experience from driving. See you soon again !

@Arman you were weighing down @Aisha Sa tiny bit, but still she drove up Faya like it was nothing 😁 It will be great to see her on Fewbie level drives very soon ! Thanks for joining as a passenger ! 

See you all soon in the sand again !

Looking forward to driving with you again!

It’s okay I leave @Arman behind next time so i can reach my full potential. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

It is my first time being round Suwaydan and Faya after nearly 20 drives with Carnity, Thank you @Frederic .

I never expected this much of trees and scenery in a desert, and I had the luxury to enjoy it as it was a newbie drive.

Good to know that my v6 powered 2.2 ton pathfinder is able to climb that hill in Faya, and still has some spare power left, Fewbie drives in Faya area definitely will be interesting.

Felt covered already when I saw @Hisham Masaad @Ranjan Das @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ in the support team!

The newbies in second half of the convoy indeed did a great job, I believe they are all ready for more challenages in fewbie level😁,

see you soon!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use