•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Murquab - Dubai - 24 Jul 2021

Anish S

9 hours ago, Anoop Nair said:

Hi @Anish S unfortunately my car is having some issues and I will have to pull out. I will remove my name and hope to see you on sand soon

Thank you for informing @Anoop Nair, hope your car will be fixed soon.

The waitlist priority for the drive  is as follows:

1. @Matt.T  2nd Weekend Drive

2. @Zixuan Huang - Charlie 2nd Weekend Drive

Hello @Chinthaka Ruwan,

I will be adding you to the drive, please confirm the same.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

28 minutes ago, Anish S said:

Thank you for informing @Anoop Nair, hope your car will be fixed soon.

The waitlist priority for the drive  is as follows:

1. @Matt.T  2nd Weekend Drive

2. @Gregory  2nd Weekend Drive

3. @Zixuan Huang - Charlie 2nd Weekend Drive

Hello @Chinthaka Ruwan,

I will be adding you to the drive, please confirm the same.

Thanks @Anish S Confirmed 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Nafiz said:

Hi @Anish S i have done over 5 newbie drives.. can i join this drive tomorrow if a slot opens up?

Thanks

Hello @Nafiz,

Once you complete the required number of drives, you will need to apply for the fewbie promotion which will be reviewed. As soon as your promotion request is accepted, then only you will be able to join any fewbie level drive.

You can familiarize to the grading structure from the link below.

Wish you best of luck and looking forward to see you in another drive soon.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Good Evening @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil @Adhir Saxena @Charbel @Sunil Mathew @Fabien Monleau @Vanessa8580 @Chinthaka Ruwan @TT_Dubai @darren thompson @Paul Zeitoun @Russ

I hope you are doing well and making most of the long week end. Please find the convoy list for tomorrow's drive below and we will be using Channel Number 3 (44605625) for communication.

Looking forward to see you all in the morning, have a good rest.

6110450_ScreenShot2021-07-23at8_54_58PM.png.69627915687f22b39e4e133610c90a76.png

• Like (+1) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Anish S thanks for another wonderful drive.  It's a mix of everything and a good experience. Everyone did so well. Thanks @Vanessa8580 @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil @Russ for great support. @Vanessa8580 Always happy to drive with you😄. You make every drive more fun and special 😀. Have a safe flight tomorrow. 
 See you all soon. I have uploaded some pictures to the Gallery.  

DSC02464-min.JPG

DSC02468-min.JPG

DSC02424-min.JPG

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

As usual, @Anish S does not disappoint and i believe Murquab can be called his hometown now :-) and he can drive with eyes closed. I have been to many drives in the same area with him and learnt something new everytime, and today i was trying to get the approach angle right (again!!) , to get on ridges at lower speeds, and also experimenting with 2nd gear with AC/without AC etc on side slopes, resulting in some early exits, as i wanted to know how far i can go.

My car had some issues during a previous drive where it cuts off power and engine load reaches 100%, - put some injector cleaner , topped up coolant , and continuously  monitored engine load via OBD during the drive, and  no issues, thankfully.

Lot of ridge riding and criss crossings, to develop confidence in this maneuver, which i enjoyed.

On a lighter note.  this drive needs to be written in red letters, where both our seniors Anish and @Vanessa8580 got stuck , while we ducklings did not  :-) , off course, they were showing us how to get stuck and demonstrating recovery procedures 😉😉....

Jokes apart, it was a great fun drive, thanks to our leads , @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil our permanent SL and @Russ at sweep.

@Adhir Saxena @Charbel @Fabien Monleau @Chinthaka Ruwan @TT_Dubai @darren thompson @Paul Zeitoun , good to drive with you.

And ..have a great vacation @Vanessa8580

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Important Information

Terms of use