•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Murquab - Dubai - 24 Jul 2021

Anish S

What a great drive this morning! Thanks @Anish S for the lead and the variety of techniques to practice. I really enjoyed the technical section which was a real learning experience in a LWB car. Thanks also to @Vanessa8580for the usual energy and guidance in recoveries. I think you and Anish make a very good team - cool methodical approach and a dynamic sidekick! @Russ was, I am sure, having fun sweeping us all at the back. Many thanks!

We saw camels (lots of them) and "Abdullah" who was a guy wondering the desert probably looking for Dubai Mall. 

I truly think everyone drove fabulously today. The Ram and the Raptors were just cruising along taking everything in their stride. I have previously driven with most of the other gents and super to see hardly any refusals which in some churned up terrain and soft sand and strong winds is testament to a new level of skills! Well done all (and I am sure we took good note of the recovery demonstrations provided by Anish and Vanessa!) 😀

Looking forward to another outing soon! A couple of pics in the Gallery!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Hello  @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil @Adhir Saxena @Charbel @Sunil Mathew @Fabien Monleau @Vanessa8580 @Chinthaka Ruwan @TT_Dubai @darren thompson @Paul Zeitoun @Russ

Thank you for joining the drive and making it fun. It was a great privilege to have Marshal support of @Vanessa8580. Thank you @Russ for your assistance in recovery and for being an amazing sweep,  @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil for being my dedicated second lead and as always you did a great job.

This morning, we were the only convoy around the area except of the convoy of camel that we crossed. Due to the strong wind in the last week, the terrain was more challenging this time with lots of soft sand and pockets all around. At the beginning, We got 2 stuck from myself and Vanessa which were recovered within minutes from which we always get to learn. We also encountered some refusals which required re-attempts to gain more momentum and different angle of climb. We got extensive practice on criss crossing and ridge riding along the way.

Well done everybody, all of you drove really well and coped with different challenges. I was surprised with the trucks at the back especially managing through the technical areas with tight dunes without any issue. We drove for nearly 3 hours and we stopped for almost 30 minutes for recovery and break

Looking forward to see you in another drive soon.

Screenshot_20210724-192638_2.png.451e0450822649a62978a6d0174f359f.pngScreenshot_20210724-192646_2.png.ab47a2f5b79001d46cf954163f0d451c.png

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Anish S and @Vanessa8580 next time you need to train some drivers on soft sand, you need to call the 3 beasts @Russ, @darren thompson and myself, put us in the front of the convoy and we'll make sure to destroy any compacted sand patches. 🤣🤣

• Haha (+1) 6

Thanks @Anish S for leading us this morning, it’s always a good drive with you and this area definitely provides a good mix of dune types..

As I said on the radio at the end, it was really impressive how everyone drove today in some very technical and soft sand areas!

And it was great to finally drive with @Vanessa8580 - enjoy your long trip home!

Until the next time..

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Beautiful morning ! @Anish S, as usual, your choices of terrain and lines are always interesting, fun yet challenging. I admire your calm and your pedagogy in all situations. Thank you @Vanessa8580 for the amazing support and your contagious energy. Even at 5am, no one ever feels groggy when you're around :) Good job @Russ keeping the convoy safe and an eye on everyone from the back.

Our convoy this morning was so fresh, really felt everyone was confident and happy to improve their skills. Also had some good laughs all along... That's the @Carnity spirit !

PS : @TT_Dubai @Chinthaka Ruwan nice pics !

PPS : @Fabien Monleau la classe !

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 2

8 minutes ago, Charbel said:

hi @Anish S which app you use for the drive stats? 

Hello @Charbel , I use GAIA to navigate and record the track. If u are looking something just for recording the trip n the related information, u can use Relive which is very friendly and you can also make interesting video with the drive information

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Anish S thanks for another great drive, this one being one of my favourite routes that I have now completed twice with yourself. The combination of the large open dunes giving space to play whilst the tighter, more technical dunes really challenging us big boys at the back made for a fun and enjoyable trip. 

Thanks @Vanessa8580 for making any drive extremely entertaining and to @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil and @Russ for the additional support roles throughout the drive. 

Finally thanks to everyone else on the drive, the momentum was great, with so few refusals that we made great time across the sand and with the exception of camels and random farmers we didn't really have to stop.

• Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use