•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - Sharjah - 23 Jul 2021

Jeepie

Thank you Marjan @Jeepie for the wonderful drive; from small technical dunes to the big-red, ridge-riding, crisscrossing and lovely climbs on the bowls - it had everything. The relatively small convoy that we had drove expertly with very few refusals and cresting meant that we had long stretches of continuous drives - just loved it.

thanks @Hisham Masaad for your dependable support.

@Alain Canivet-Abikhalil, @Zixuan Huang - Charlie, @Sunil Mathew, @Chris Wing and @darren thompson - it was great meeting today and was a pleasure driving with you guys. Hope to see you soon

• Like (+1) 5

@Ranjan Das @Hisham Masaad @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil, @Zixuan Huang - Charlie, @Sunil Mathew, @Chris Wing and @darren thompson

I think we had a drive with a lot of different terrain and we did some virgin ridges. The whole area to and around Pink Rock was quite soft, but hardly any tracks, which was nice for me as a lead as well. After practicing on the lower dunes we snaked our way up towards the big dune in front of Big Red. I got the impression that you all enjoyed that area. I actually enjoy it more than Big Red. Here we did find some tracks, but nothing too crazy. We had a small convoy, but I would like to thank you all for great teamwork.

A couple of refusals and reattempts, one tug and one big dig, just to make sure we all got some exercise too.

@Alain Canivet-Abikhalil you did a great job as second lead and redirected when requested. @Ranjan Das thank you for taking on the responsibility of center forward and @Hisham Masaad(and son) thank you for keeping us all together.

@Sunil Mathew @Zixuan Huang - Charlie  there were a few occasions where I was surprised to see you were still behind me, because some crossings were definitely not easy. A reattempt here and there is nothing to worry about.

@Chris Wing @darren thompson I hardly saw or heard you, so you must have been coping really well in the churned up tracks.

I posted quite a lot of pictures in the gallery.

Hope to see again soon

Screenshot_20210723-150955_Gaia GPS.jpg

Screenshot_20210723-151138_Gaia GPS.jpg

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Was an amazing drive today @Jeepie, thank you very much. With the team who was really coping with different terrain, made us enjoying the drive without the need to go out for support except few. It is the first time I go with you as lead, and hope will repeat again. Glad to see @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil as SL and controlling his car, climbing up the dunes.  Pleasure to be with @Ranjan Das again as support, @Zixuan Huang - Charlie @Sunil Mathew @Chris Wing and @darren thompson thank you for joining and saving every one from spending more time in the sun and out of cars..👏👏👏👏 see you soon in sand

• Like (+1) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks @Jeepie for an outstanding drive this morning. Really enjoyed the variety of dunes, lines and pace with which we tackled this mornings drive. lot’s  of fast paced dunes mixed with some more technical challenges kept it interesting and the Raptor working through the soft, churned up sand at the back. Was great fun.

thanks to @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil @Ranjan Das and @Hisham Masaad for filling the support roles so well and helping to make this a great drive. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Jeepie for that beautiful drive. Probably one of the best I had :)

Really enjoyed climbing those dunes in front of Big Red, step by step and pushing the car all the way up ! It was beautiful, nice, challenging and different. 

Thank you @Ranjan Das and @Hisham Masaad for the support and all the little technical tips and tricks.

The convoy was also very fun and good. I don't think any body has beaten my record of crests per ride, or crest at the same spot 😅

See you all very soon. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

19 hours ago, Hisham Masaad said:

without the need to go out for support except few

20 hours ago, Jeepie said:

and one big dig,

So, thats me up there in those comments 😅 , with 2 longitudinal stucks  - along the length of the car, squatting on the ridge !! one needed shovelling + self recovery,  and the other one , i could self recover. The first one forced the whole convoy out of their cars, and all 7 shovels  around my car probably!! :-) 🙂

Dunes in Sharjah around the big red are always a bit challenging for me compared to those in Dubai , and this drive was no different. Thanks @Jeepie for the nice and challenging drive, yes , some crossings were a bar higher for me, but its a learning experience, and i got 2 good chances to practice self recovery, although at the expense of the convoy's drive time. @Hisham Masaad, as usual amazing and selfless support , joined by @Ranjan Das with his new Rubi and guidance over the radio.

@Alain Canivet-Abikhalilback in his SL suit 👍, and fyi my "stuck stats" if we can call it that  - 2 transverse crests and 2 longitudinal crests :-)  in 22 drives, not bad eh ?? after all how do you learn to recover yourself , without getting stuck 😉

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie, @darren thompson  @Chris Wing our paths cross again, and thanks for your shovel time!!

• Like (+1) 6

That was such an enjoyable drive which we absolutely need to do again! Especially the part that everyone enjoyed, the dunes just before big red!
I got a couple of refusals and stupid-me even got lost at some point and thanks to @Hisham Masaadfor helping me find my way back 😛

thanks @Jeepie @Hisham Masaad and @Ranjan Das

Always a pleasure being in your drives👍🏼

• Like (+1) 7

5 hours ago, Alain Canivet-Abikhalil said:

Thank you @Jeepie for that beautiful drive. Probably one of the best I had :)

Really enjoyed climbing those dunes in front of Big Red, step by step and pushing the car all the way up ! It was beautiful, nice, challenging and different. 

Thank you @Ranjan Das and @Hisham Masaad for the support and all the little technical tips and tricks.

The convoy was also very fun and good. I don't think any body has beaten my record of crests per ride, or crest at the same spot 😅

See you all very soon. 

Not enough to fill the whole calendar though 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

Smaller convey is always fun.

Thank you @Jeepie for the selection of terrain, it was an good opportunity for me to improve the momentum control in faster pace technical areas.

Driving on the north side of the big red was indeed enjoyable, could have pushed for more fun if the transmission overheating didnt happen.

I think @Hisham Masaad should open up a "Hill Climbing Master Class", it is now not surprising anymore that the black FJ alway reaches the highest point of hills.🙃

Always feel good to have @Ranjan Das and @Hisham Masaad in the support team and thank you @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil for being a wonderful SL.

Driving with familiar faces relaxes me, good to see you all again and wishing for more to come @Sunil Mathew @darren thompson @Chris Wing

Till next time~

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use