•  

COVID19 Compliant - Wednesday Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Shuwaib - Sharjah - 21 Jul 2021

Srikumar

1 minute ago, GauravSoni said:

Yes… I was using only 1 foot to either gas up or brake… maybe that’s why my diff is still Ok. 
 Just curious on the PMDL.. wouldn’t applying brakes stop all wheels from rotating?  

If you gently hold brake, it starts from rear disc locking first and when you press more then front get engaged.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

The least resistance encountering wheels are spinning and getting most of the power while the none spinning are getting very less . The idea I believe is imitating the ABLS ( activated breaking limited slip ) . However the breaks also engages differently due to that too 

Edited by M.Seidam

@GauravSoni it's good that it was just the U joint. It's quite an inexpensive part and hope you have checked the others as well.

One thing is strange though, that whenever a U joint is near failure there would be some small clacking noise. Did you have that? Or did it just suddenly break under the stress of self recovery.

• Like (+1) 3

On 7/22/2021 at 12:49 PM, Thomas Varghese said:

Thanks @M.Seidam. My confusion was the size too and you have cleared it. Stock is 265/70/16 and my present tires are 275/70/16. The only problem I experienced with the wider tire is the speedo is off by 10%. Plus the petrol mileage. Maybe more experienced drivers can clear this doubt. 

Hi @Thomas Varghese

looks like you guys had nice fun drive. Btw Im also using yoko Geo G015  275/70/R16 no problem at all.  Even my speedo is accurate i have tried up to 140kmph on dot no speeding fines till date. 😛  let me know if you need sales contact from juma al majid for yoko tires. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Srikumar said:

@GauravSoni it's good that it was just the U joint. It's quite an inexpensive part and hope you have checked the others as well.

One thing is strange though, that whenever a U joint is near failure there would be some small clacking noise. Did you have that? Or did it just suddenly break under the stress of self recovery.

I do not recall any specific sound like that…however it may have lost between Clickety clacks while Shifting gears in drive and reverse

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rizwanm2 said:

Hi @Thomas Varghese

looks like you guys had nice fun drive. Btw Im also using yoko Geo G015  275/70/R16 no problem at all.  Even my speedo is accurate i have tried up to 140kmph on dot no speeding fines till date. 😛  let me know if you need sales contact from juma al majid for yoko tires. 

If you check your speed with google maps you will be surprised to find that when you are coasting at 140km/hr as per speedometer your actual speed is only 130km/hr. This error happens because the wider tires alter the aspect ratio as both tires have 70 as aspect height ratio. So its not surprising your car is not getting speed radar flashes when you are coasting at 140 km/hr as originally you are only doing 130 to 131 km/hr. Your car will only get a flash from speed radar if your speedo shows above 150km/hr. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

26 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

If you check your speed with google maps you will be surprised to find that when you are coasting at 140km/hr as per speedometer your actual speed is only 130km/hr. This error happens because the wider tires alter the aspect ratio as both tires have 70 as aspect height ratio. So its not surprising your car is not getting speed radar flashes when you are coasting at 140 km/hr as originally you are only doing 130 to 131 km/hr. Your car will only get a flash from speed radar if your speedo shows above 150km/hr. 

i thought if we increase the tire size actual speed will increase, 🤔

as per below its very minimal only 2.9kmph more at 150kmph 

image.png.a1d7c911c7d26fdb3bd819f3c5748d2b.png

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rizwanm2 said:

I don't know the statistics. I told my practical observation. 

21 hours ago, Gaurav said:

If you gently hold brake, it starts from rear disc locking first and when you press more then front get engaged.

Can we get the same effect by engaging the parking break a little? 

2 hours ago, Rizwanm2 said:

Rizwan I have the same observation but I heard it from other drivers driving Nissan y62 with factory tires that their actual Speedo meter are showing less by 10% of the actual speed . So I don’t know really if the difference in tire size makes this although it’s minimal as per the chart you showed !

Edited by M.Seidam
  • Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, M.Seidam said:

Rizwan I have the same observation but I heard it from other drivers driving Nissan y62 with factory tires that their actual Speedo meter are showing less by 10% of the actual speed . So I don’t know really if the difference in tire size makes this although it’s minimal as per the chart you showed !

possible 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use