•  
Advertise here

Why, what, how Jeep wrangler

On 7/19/2021 at 11:00 PM, Zixuan Huang - Charlie said:

@Enrico Biscaro I am only nearly 2 months old in the club, but I think the car's cooling ability should also be considered, especially in this hot hot summer.

I drive pathfinder and in the current summer I do not use AC for either morning nor afternoon drives, because the coolant temp. will reach 100C if I do so. And I have seen similar heating complaints from other Xterra drivers (pathfinder and xterra are twin brothers).

Similarly I have also observed few Wranglers faced heating issue that the ECU limits the Rev

But not yet any Toyota (mainly FJs I have driven with) driver complained about car geting overheated that AC must be compromised.

Xterra FJ and Wranglers are all power offroaders, and I have seen Marshals doing miracles with them, the above is only my opinion and I personally like Toyota a alot, altho I drive Nissan🙃

I love my Xterra and will always vouch by the car for sturdiness and reliability. The 2nd hand versions are dead cheap to buy( now i heard the prices are creeping up ). Regarding the engine overheating issue its a simple fix and then you can forget it. Its not at all expensive. I haven't done any mods to the car other than a ABS kill switch and a front skid plate. All other cars listed here are double or more the price of an Xterra and I doubt will run 100 km with15 liters of petrol . I drive my car almost 300 to 400 km a day and maintenance is minimal after all the abuse it receives from me on road and off road. 

• Like (+1) 2

Question about how Jeep ride. I tried a 2015 Sahara. very clean. No mod. 93K 2015. 

I noticed

1. The 2D 4WH and 4WL was extremely hard to manage. Even the owner struggled with it

2. The 4WH ride felt wobbly at the beginning, after 10 minutes it felt way better. 

3. At low speed, when turning the wheels to park or do low speed manoeuvres te car felt like stopping (like in the sand almost)

4. full Maintenance history available from Al futtaim 

5. Did not have a diff lock button or activation?

https://dubai.dubizzle.com/motors/used-cars/jeep/wrangler/2021/7/4/jeep-wrangler-sahara-36l-2015-gcc-spec-no--2-227---88a9973d3219408996bf1693d57df8d1/

any suggestions?

yes Nissan Xterra much cheaper :-) but rare 

• Like (+1) 2

Nissan Patrol Gazelle

If your budget is growing 👍🏽

@Enrico Biscaro with regards your used Jeep experience pls go and arrange to test drive for a brand new SWB from dealers or others and that way you can immediate get a perspective on the experience. A full service history from trading enterprises is a good sign… the rest not so much however if that’s how a new stock jeep runs then you definitely have a good option.  The crazy part is that car new was approx 105k (pre VAT days) so the used market is still steep it seems! 

• Like (+1) 2

Hello @Enrico Biscaro, I drive a 2015 Sport (JKU - 4 door), bought it used with 54K on the ODO and stock condition , except for the rims  - they were changed to 17 inch from the Rubicon. I paid 79K for it, a little steep, yes, but for the low ODO and the general condition, i thought it was worth.

To answer your points from my experience of 4 months of ownership 🤞

1. Yes, the 4H is a little difficult to engage, as its a manual lever and no electronic gizmos there, but once you get the hang of it, it comes naturally. the 4L is even more difficult - even though the lever moves to position, the actual gears may not engage if you are not moving. The owners manual also recommends engaging 4L while moving at low speed of 5Km/h or something. So , when recovering from a stuck position, basically you are not moving and its a bit tricky to engage. Need to play around with the main transmission as well.

2. 4H does not feel wobbly at all, but if you tried taking a turn on tarmac, you will feel the resistance, as its not to be used where you have 100% traction. Maybe the tyres are worn out unevenly ?

3. not sure whats that. Car stopping  - do you mean the engine stalled? 

4. 👍👍 double thumbs up!!

5. As far as i know, Sahara and Sport do not come with a diff lock. Only the Rubicon has one. 

Hope this helps

• Like (+1) 1

3. At low speed, when turning the wheels to park or do low speed manoeuvres te car felt like stopping (like in the sand almost)

Never do this while 4H is engaged, the effect you’re describing is called differential lockup and can seriously damage the vehicle. 4H and 4L should only be tested on soft sand, never on tarmac. (Unless 4H has an open center differential like the Pajero).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

14 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Never do this while 4H is engaged, the effect you’re describing is called differential lockup and can seriously damage the vehicle. 4H and 4L should only be tested on soft sand, never on tarmac.

Hi Fred, I believe there is no harm in moving back and forth in a straight line on tarmac in 4H or 4L?

because i did it while inspecting the car for buying 🙂

Excerpt from the owners manual for clarity/info

4H Position
This range locks the front and rear driveshafts together,
forcing the front and rear wheels to rotate at the same
speed. This range (4H) provides additional traction for
loose, slippery road surfaces and should not be used on
dry pavement.
The “4WD Indicator Light” (located in the instrument
cluster) will illuminate when the transfer case is shifted
into the 4H position.
N (Neutral) Position
This range disengages the front and rear driveshafts from
the powertrain. It is to be used for flat towing behind
another vehicle. Refer to “Recreational Towing” in “Starting
and Operating” for further information.
4L Position
speed. This range (4L) provides additional traction and
maximum pulling power for loose, slippery road surfaces
only. Do not exceed 25 mph (40 km/h).

Edited by Sunil Mathew
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Enrico Biscaro said:

Question about how Jeep ride. I tried a 2015 Sahara. very clean. No mod. 93K 2015. 

I noticed

1. The 2D 4WH and 4WL was extremely hard to manage. Even the owner struggled with it

2. The 4WH ride felt wobbly at the beginning, after 10 minutes it felt way better. 

4. full Maintenance history available from Al futtaim 

5. Did not have a diff lock button or activation?

https://dubai.dubizzle.com/motors/used-cars/jeep/wrangler/2021/7/4/jeep-wrangler-sahara-36l-2015-gcc-spec-no--2-227---88a9973d3219408996bf1693d57df8d1/

any suggestions?

yes Nissan Xterra much cheaper :-) but rare 

Reg. Diff lock - yes sports and Sahara don't come with diff lock. However just to share JK and JL come with inbuilt BLDs (brake lock diff) which engages automatically in tricky situations ... I have experienced Jeep recovering itself without diff locks from situations where some other vehicles struggled despite diff locks ..  somehow Jeep need to sell it better. I was also taken back that Sahara doesn't have diff locks but then driving over last 6-7 months realized that BLD is really smart. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Sunil Mathew said:

Never do this while 4H is engaged, the effect you’re describing is called differential lockup and can seriously damage the vehicle. 4H and 4L should only be tested on soft sand, never on tarmac.

Interesting, I hope I did not break anything. at least I did not try 4L. About 4H I actually drove it in 4H and the car felt just fine ?

2 hours ago, Sunil Mathew said:

Hi Fred, I believe there is no harm in moving back and forth in a straight line on tarmac in 4H or 4L?

because i did it while inspecting the car for buying 🙂

Excerpt from the owners manual for clarity/info

4H Position
speed. This range (4H) provides additional traction for
loose, slippery road surfaces and should not be used on
dry pavement.
The “4WD Indicator Light” (located in the instrument
cluster) will illuminate when the transfer case is shifted
into the 4H position.
N (Neutral) Position
This range disengages the front and rear driveshafts from
the powertrain. It is to be used for flat towing behind
another vehicle. Refer to “Recreational Towing” in “Starting
and Operating” for further information.
4L Position
speed. This range (4L) provides additional traction and
maximum pulling power for loose, slippery road surfaces
only. Do not exceed 25 mph (40 km/h).

Straight line is no problem. The problem starts if you make full left or right turns as it makes the differential wind up 

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."