•  
Advertise here

Service centres in Al Qusais

Reliable, Expert, Experienced, Best, Trustworthy, Competent - These words doesn't go well in garage industry.

I have recently suffered from "so-called" experts with 25 years experience, who cannot do transmission swap job professionally and left with leaking seal (twice), shaft cover grinding noise (twice). I have to visit them 3 times to receive a patch up job with tons of humiliations and obligated behavior.

Bottom line, don't fall for these words and fake reputation. Educating yourself little and on-site supervision goes a LONG WAY.

For periodic maintenance any decent workshop near your place can do the job, depending on how specific you can be with list of things to be changed, replaced or repaired as per owners manual.

Second ask them to put your old parts in the boot so you can be sure that they have changed it. The less you trust, the better it is.

Third follow owners manual guidance as much as you can for fluids, specs, intervals irrespective of any garage or mechanic advices. 

Are you experiencing any specific issue on which you are confused or incline to head to reliable garage?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

8 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Reliable, Expert, Experienced, Best, Trustworthy, Competent - These words doesn't go well in garage industry.

I have recently suffered from "so-called" experts with 25 years experience, who cannot do transmission swap job professionally and left with leaking seal (twice), shaft cover grinding noise (twice). I have to visit them 3 times to receive a patch up job with tons of humiliations and obligated behavior.

Bottom line, don't fall for these words and fake reputation. Educating yourself little and on-site supervision goes a LONG WAY.

For periodic maintenance any decent workshop near your place can do the job, depending on how specific you can be with list of things to be changed, replaced or repaired as per owners manual.

Second ask them to put your old parts in the boot so you can be sure that they have changed it. The less you trust, the better it is.

Third follow owners manual guidance as much as you can for fluids, specs, intervals irrespective of any garage or mechanic advices. 

Are you experiencing any specific issue on which you are confused or incline to head to reliable garage?

Hi@Gauravthanks for your response; as you have mentioned I try to educate myself through contents available online and use manual as  reference point. Its time for the oil service and I have a few concerns when doing it outside the dealer

1) Is it fine to use different motor oil brands when doing the service outside of the dealer? 

2) I can feel a slight vibration(increasing as time goes) when the gear is on drive and the car is still

3)Throttle response is not great, i can really feel the change of gears

Best,

Thomas

• Like (+1) 1

1) For the engine oil, stick to the spec/grade advisable as per the owners manual and buy the best oil you can like Mobil 1, Castrol etc. and Fully Synthetic (Not semi synthetic and not mineral oil). Reason for this is oil is the life blood of your car engine and many garages cheap out on these to squeeze profits including many dealerships. So buy the BEST OIL money can buy and hand over to the garage.

2) Ask mechanic while oil change to check all engine and gear foundation (mounting), they are small rubber pieces that wears out with age and change once they are torn or broken.

3) Throttle response can be due to car is due for service, so gauge that point again once engine oil, oil filter and air filter is changed. If still response is sluggish, ask mechanic to clean the throttle body too (small job).

3.1) Feeling change of gear is not good sign, how badly you feel?

• Little jerk or loud shaking?
  • Is it only from 1st to 2nd gear or in all gears?
  • When was gear oil changed?
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 minute ago, Thomas Mathew said:

change of gear is felt mostly from 1st to 2nd; I do not remember when was the gear oil changed. All periodic service were done in Al tayer.

Check the service history detail and see if they have ever changed the gear oil. Online says 150K miles (240 k kms) means I would change at 120k kms due to adverse use in UAE hot and dusty weather.

If its never changed then get the gear oil and gear oil filter change too at the same time. Buy original spec gear oil and gear oil filter from Al tayer parts shop to be 100% its genuine and right spec for your car.

• Like (+1) 2