•  

Diff Lock Simplified: Center, Rear, Front Explained :)

Zed

On 7/24/2021 at 5:21 PM, Frederic said:

Wonderful article @Zed

thanks @Frederic & @Anoop Nair, i'm in fact inspired by Fred's technical-but-for-laymen articles. I'm already thinking my next article: 4LO Explained 😂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I had my differential broken twice. Didn't get the time to research much into the mechanics of the differential. Thanks. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Jessica Lambert said:

Wow @Zed, I really appreciate this 101-style explanation! Are you still going to do 4LO explained? Please!

hi @Jessica Lambert thanks, glad you appreciate it. In that case i'll do the 4LO one this month... will tag you once posted 😊

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This is a wonderful article 

Very organized and very helpful 

Thank you @Zedfor your great effort

And thanks everyone for commenting and adding more experiences to this article 

• Like (+1) 2

@ZedI thought your were an IT MAN but how the differential works I guess we will change the meaning of IT from now on IT ( instant mechanic ) 😁😅…… but great effort to explain things in very simple way ….. thanks to  @Gaurav who clarified more and Infact we should request @Gauravto introduce 101 theoretical classes for beginners which will clear their doubts and surely @Zedcan do that best 😇

• Like (+1) 2

• 1 year later...

@Zed I wish I found this article earlier! Fantastic read-up. I was always interested in differential in vehicles. As I always understood how it worked in 1940s cars plain and simple for the most part. Whereas 4x4 I was always a little skeptical. This article had certainly enlightened my knowledge in this area. Good job mate. I look forward to reading some of your other articles :) 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

@Zed I wish I found this article earlier! Fantastic read-up. I was always interested in differential in vehicles. As I always understood how it worked in 1940s cars plain and simple for the most part. Whereas 4x4 I was always a little skeptical. This article had certainly enlightened my knowledge in this area. Good job mate. I look forward to reading some of your other articles :) 

@Benjamin thanks, I think I'll write about bigger tires effects next time, seems that's a popular mod 😁

• Haha (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use