•  
Advertise here

Newbie reporting in Abu Dabhi

ShereenMK

Hello Friends,

I am Shereen Mohammed, new to this offroad family, had a nice drive with Mr. Asif Hussain, well a good tutor, Thanks Mr. Asif for your valuable time. Meanwhile I am driving a Montero Sport 2017. Looking forward to meet you all on the sand.

"I know," my vehicle is not good enough to keep up with you all, I am on a vehicle hunt too, so if any one of you come across do let me know.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, ShereenMK said:

Hello Friends,

I am Shereen Mohammed, new to this offroad family, had a nice drive with Mr. Asif Hussain, well a good tutor, Thanks Mr. Asif for your valuable time. Meanwhile I am driving a Montero Sport 2017. Looking forward to meet you all on the sand.

"I know," my vehicle is not good enough to keep up with you all, I am on a vehicle hunt too, so if any one of you come across do let me know.

Welcome to the club @ShereenMK! I would not underestimate the Montero Sport at all, in my opinion this car is capable of amazing things in the right hands. We have quite a few members who drive them, and i've never seen them struggling. 

Have fun with the learning process and enjoy every drive ! See you soon in the sand !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hello @ShereenMK, i think we "crashed" to your private session last time and @Karthikeyan Govindarajan showed that if you get distracted or miscalculated for 1 second, you can get crested & stuck 😂. Hope you'll enjoy driving on the sand and make it a weekend hobby, we need more folks in Abu Dhabi 😊 As for your car, it's too early to hunt. Watch the video link below, my friend drove a Montero Sport to climb Bu Tais Dune, and he always says it's the driver that makes it, not the car ☺️ You only need to find a second-hand car once you damage your Montero like breaking bumpers 😂

Edited by Zed
fixed utube link
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

3 hours ago, Zed said:

Hello @ShereenMK, i think we "crashed" to your private session last time and @Karthikeyan Govindarajan showed that if you get distracted or miscalculated for 1 second, you can get crested & stuck 😂. Hope you'll enjoy driving on the sand and make it a weekend hobby, we need more folks in Abu Dhabi 😊 As for your car, it's too early to hunt. Watch the video link below, my friend drove a Montero Sport to climb Bu Tais Dune, and he always says it's the driver that makes it, not the car ☺️ You only need to find a second-hand car once you damage your Montero like breaking bumpers 😂

Hahaha, its actually not just distracted, i see in a way where a disciple just show is respect when he saw the tutor.. Regarding the car, its company car, so dont wanna damage. I have seen certain pajero SWB 2010 3.8, for around 25k. Done around 120-130k Any opinion on it on this vehicle?

32 minutes ago, ShereenMK said:

I have seen certain pajero SWB 2010 3.8, for around 25k. Done around 120-130k Any opinion on it on this vehicle?

If you can, get the 3.8 engine for that extra power. We have a lot of Pajeros in this club, so you'll have friends who can advise you on stuff.  Regarding price, of course haggle it as low as the owner is willing 😁 For mileage, use it to negotiate price, but don't be scared of high miles, my Land Cruiser has done 350,000 kms and it still climbs dunes ☺️ You need to do 2 things before you finalize the price:

1. Take it for a test drive. This will tell you if you want it or not.

2. Take it to a garage that does Comprehensive Pre-Buy testing. They will check for leaks and any flaws that the owner is not telling you. From here you'll get a list of spare parts and estimate how much to fix those flaws. Use it to your advantage to negotiate. From point #1, if you love the car, you don't mind spending money to fix it, but tell the owner because you will spend A to fix it, you want the price lowered to B 😊 Sample comprehensive pre-purchase report shown below, he will mark the areas that have flaws:

6F0ACC3F-21F7-45FC-B190-5019BDAFD630.jpeg.136108ddaddc394d0c4bfdcd0d7022c9.jpeg

• Well Done (+2) 1

On 7/24/2021 at 10:26 AM, ShereenMK said:

Hahaha, its actually not just distracted, i see in a way where a disciple just show is respect when he saw the tutor.. Regarding the car, its company car, so dont wanna damage. I have seen certain pajero SWB 2010 3.8, for around 25k. Done around 120-130k Any opinion on it on this vehicle?

The Pajero 3.8 models are great, but there is only one unfortunate thing, and that is the automatic upshifting in tiptronic. This was an issue with most Pajeros up to 2011 if i remember correctly. It's not the end of the world, but for Intermediate drives where you want to keep the car in the same gear when climbing a big dune, it's quite annoying.

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."