•  

COVID19 Compliant - Absolute Newbie Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 30 Jul 2021

Frederic

Join us to explore Al Qudra Desert to find what's beyond Qudra lakes

And learn the art of offroading in a versatile playground for your first off-road adventure.

You will learn to self-drive your vehicle from experts having decades of off-roading experience in the UAE. This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridges to practice your off-road skills slowly but surely.

AN drive 30 july 2021 sm.jpg

Drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicles having

• 8-10 inches of ground clearance and (MANDATORY)
  • Front and rear tow hooks (MANDATORY)

What you'll learn:

• Introduction to off-roading.
  • Desert driving basics and etiquette.
  • Desert driving tips, techniques, myth and best practices.
  • Off-road and safety gear familiarization and recovery procedures.
  • Vehicle orientation, risk analysis, deflation and outdoor safety advice.

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience?
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets.

Why should I join?

• We will teach you how to self-drive off-road safely and learn the best offroad driving and recovery techniques.
  • If you have already driven in sand before then you can learn more from experts having decades of offroading experience in the UAE.
  • This area offers a good mix of playable long set of dunes and broad ridge to test your off-road control.

Can my vehicle do this ?

• This drive is open for all 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD vehicle having 8-10 inches of ground clearance and front and rear tow hooks. If in doubt please first announce your questions on the drive thread so we can advise you further.
  • Any stock 4x4/4WD are most welcome, you don't need any vehicle modifications.

Can I bring passengers ?

• Yes of course, but if you are absolute new to offroading it is better to drive alone first to avoid any distractions.

Learn More About: Carnity Off-road Club

Join button.jpg

STRICTLY: For ABSOLUTE NEWBIE who are driving for the first time with Carnity.

MUST READ AND CLICK TOTALLY AGREE ON THE BELOW COVID19 PRECAUTIONS TOPIC

Join button.jpg

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

Drive Details

Level:  Only for "ABSOLUTE NEWBIES" or first timer with Carnity Off-Road Club

When:  30 July 2021, Friday.

Meeting time: 05:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting  Point: https://goo.gl/maps/mDoAFDb4r3eGm6yV6

Type of Car: Any 4x4/4WD/SUV/AWD with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Tire deflator, pressure gauge and compressor, Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 09:00 AM

End Point: Qudra Last Exit Parking

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 new members only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 5PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers or members who are not on the RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please cancel you RSVP if you cannot make it, so your spot can be taken by others.

Join button.jpg

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW EVENT IN THE EVENT CALENDAR 

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hi @Frederic,

I am new to off-road  driving and my car is  100% stock condition. Do I need anything apart from the below stated Items. Tire deflator, pressure gauge and compressor, Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

I saw saw the absolute newbie video where they ask for  Radio, Flag, shovel, rope etc ? Do I need all these equipments  or only the items you mentioned above. Please confirm.  At present I don't have any of these Items so wants to start with minimum  requirements. 

Also Is there any age limit for the children who can join the drive.

Thank you 

Jins

Edited by Jins John
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Aaliyah Mohammed @Jins John

Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club, and thanks for your introduction @Jins John !

The Absolute Newbie drive is tailored to members who join us for the first time, and where we can guide you through every step along the way into becoming a confident Offroader. You will be amazed at your own progress and soon you will be doing things with your 4x4 you have never even imagined !

We have an Absolute Newbie briefing video which you should definitely watch a few times, and which will give you the essential basics and make you feel more comfortable behind the wheel coming weekend. Please take your time to go through this video prior to joining us.

On this drive topic, please introduce yourself a little bit, and include the following info:

1) Which 4x4 are you bringing ?

2) Do you have any prior off-roading experience ? If so, where and how ?

3) Does your 4x4 have front and rear towpoints ? This is a very important point and i want you to inspect your towpoints to make sure they are not completely corroded or loose. We want to be able to recover your car from any angle safely in case you get stuck.

For your first Offroad drive we request you to bring the following items:

- Pressure gauge with deflator, as we need to deflate your tyres to 15psi.

- 12V Air Compressor to inflate your tyres. We will be ending our drive nearby a petrol station but unfortunately their compressor is out of service. Hardware shops like ACE, Speedex, and Dragon Mart have plenty of options from 200AED up to 1500AED. 

After this drive, you will become a Newbie level driver, and then you will be needing additionally:

- An Offroad flag.

- A UHF Radio (walkie-talkie), programmed to our frequencies.

- A proper shovel.

If you have any of these items already, all the better, please bring them along.

Do not hesitate to ask your questions if any !

20 hours ago, Jins John said:

Hi @Frederic,

I am new to off-road  driving and my car is  100% stock condition. Do I need anything apart from the below stated Items. Tire deflator, pressure gauge and compressor, Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

I saw saw the absolute newbie video where they ask for  Radio, Flag, shovel, rope etc ? Do I need all these equipments  or only the items you mentioned above. Please confirm.  At present I don't have any of these Items so wants to start with minimum  requirements. 

Also Is there any age limit for the children who can join the drive.

Thank you 

Jins

Hi @Jins John have a look at the above posted message. A tire deflator and pressure gauge is enough for your first drive. After that drive you will be indeed needing a radio, flag, shovel. A rope is not needed until you reach higher level.

We highly recommend for your first drive not to bring any children or passengers. The main reason for that is because we want your to be 100% comfortable and not distracted. After this first drive you will be definitely welcome to bring children along, as long as they are properly strapped in as per the RTA regulations. 

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hi everyone, 

I’m Aaliyah, 19 years old- just got my license a few months ago and completely new to off-roading! I’m bringing a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport, and yes it does have front & rear towpoints.

I was hoping to bring my dad along since i’m still a bit nervous driving alone- I hope that’s okay?

I was also wondering if you’d give me some advice as to where I can find things like the walkie-talkie and the flag, and the other equipment i need further on. 

Thanks for the welcome! Excited to begin. 

• Well Done (+2) 1

42 minutes ago, Aaliyah Mohammed said:

Hi everyone, 

I’m Aaliyah, 19 years old- just got my license a few months ago and completely new to off-roading! I’m bringing a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport, and yes it does have front & rear towpoints.

I was hoping to bring my dad along since i’m still a bit nervous driving alone- I hope that’s okay?

I was also wondering if you’d give me some advice as to where I can find things like the walkie-talkie and the flag, and the other equipment i need further on. 

Thanks for the welcome! Excited to begin. 

Welcome @Aaliyah Mohammed ! Of course you can bring your dad along if that helps you in being more comfortable.

You will find a walkie-talkie in Dragon Mart (you can even order online now from Dragon Mart). Just make sure it is a programmable radio like the Baofeng UV5-R or the Crony/Motorola MT777 model.

A flag can be purchased from hardware shops like Speedex, ACE, and Dragon Mart has them as well. Even in the dune buggy shops in Ras Al Khor you will find them.

Have a look at below advices:

Dragon Mart Off-Road Gear Shops - Off-road - Carnity.com

Carnity Two-Way Radio Frequencies - Off-road - Carnity.com

Essential Off-Road Gear - Off-road - Carnity.com

See you on Friday !

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

9 hours ago, Frederic said:

@Aaliyah Mohammed @Jins John

Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club, and thanks for your introduction @Jins John !

The Absolute Newbie drive is tailored to members who join us for the first time, and where we can guide you through every step along the way into becoming a confident Offroader. You will be amazed at your own progress and soon you will be doing things with your 4x4 you have never even imagined !

We have an Absolute Newbie briefing video which you should definitely watch a few times, and which will give you the essential basics and make you feel more comfortable behind the wheel coming weekend. Please take your time to go through this video prior to joining us.

On this drive topic, please introduce yourself a little bit, and include the following info:

3) Does your 4x4 have front and rear towpoints ? This is a very important point and i want you to inspect your towpoints to make sure they are not completely corroded or loose. We want to be able to recover your car from any angle safely in case you get stuck.

- 12V Air Compressor to inflate your tyres. We will be ending our drive nearby a petrol station but unfortunately their compressor is out of service. Hardware shops like ACE, Speedex, and Dragon Mart have plenty of options from 200AED up to 1500AED. 

After this drive, you will become a Newbie level driver, and then you will be needing additionally:

- An Offroad flag.

- A proper shovel.

If you have any of these items already, all the better, please bring them along.

Hi @Jins John have a look at the above posted message. A tire deflator and pressure gauge is enough for your first drive. After that drive you will be indeed needing a radio, flag, shovel. A rope is not needed until you reach higher level.

We highly recommend for your first drive not to bring any children or passengers. The main reason for that is because we want your to be 100% comfortable and not distracted. After this first drive you will be definitely welcome to bring children along, as long as they are properly strapped in as per the RTA regulations. 

Thank you for your prompt reply. 

Cheers....

• Like (+1) 1

Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club @Gerrit Bus !

- An Offroad flag.

- A proper shovel.

Look forward to it! First time so keen to learn what I can. 

This is the time to try something new…After my 1st attempt I have checked 

1. Front Tow

2. Rear Tow

3. Got the deflator 

4. Got the Flag

5. Got the radio

the car…. I am not sure :-) :-) 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Having just joined the club, I now need to excuse me from this drive and all drives until 1 Sep 2021 as I need to go in for elbow surgery and will not be able/allowed to drive. So I guess I will see you all in September.

PS. Not sure how I remove myself from this drive to free up the spot for somebody else.

Important Information

Terms of use