•  

COVID19 Compliant - Absolute Newbie Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 30 Jul 2021

Frederic

2 hours ago, Gerrit Bus said:

Having just joined the club, I now need to excuse me from this drive and all drives until 1 Sep 2021 as I need to go in for elbow surgery and will not be able/allowed to drive. So I guess I will see you all in September.

PS. Not sure how I remove myself from this drive to free up the spot for somebody else.

Sorry to hear that @Gerrit Bus Get well soon ! I will remove your RSVP.

31 minutes ago, Ajit John said:

Just joined the club and look forward to the first drive this friday

Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club @Ajit John !

The Absolute Newbie drive is tailored to members who join us for the first time, and where we can guide you through every step along the way into becoming a confident Offroader. You will be amazed at your own progress and soon you will be doing things with your 4x4 you have never even imagined !

We have an Absolute Newbie briefing video which you should definitely watch a few times, and which will give you the essential basics and make you feel more comfortable behind the wheel coming weekend. Please take your time to go through this video prior to joining us.

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

On this drive topic, please introduce yourself a little bit, and include the following info:

1) Which 4x4 are you bringing ?

2) Do you have any prior off-roading experience ? If so, where and how ?

3) Does your 4x4 have front and rear towpoints ? This is a very important point and i want you to inspect your towpoints to make sure they are not completely corroded or loose. We want to be able to recover your car from any angle safely in case you get stuck.

For your first Offroad drive we request you to bring the following items:

- Pressure gauge with deflator, as we need to deflate your tyres to 15psi.

- 12V Air Compressor to inflate your tyres. We will be ending our drive nearby a petrol station but unfortunately their compressor is out of service. Hardware shops like ACE, Speedex, and Dragon Mart have plenty of options from 200AED up to 1500AED. 

After this drive, you will become a Newbie level driver, and then you will be needing additionally:

- An Offroad flag.

- A UHF Radio (walkie-talkie), programmed to our frequencies.

- A proper shovel.

If you have any of these items already, all the better, please bring them along.

Do not hesitate to ask your questions if any !

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club @AMBATI!

The Absolute Newbie drive is tailored to members who join us for the first time, and where we can guide you through every step along the way into becoming a confident Offroader. You will be amazed at your own progress and soon you will be doing things with your 4x4 you have never even imagined !

We have an Absolute Newbie briefing video which you should definitely watch a few times, and which will give you the essential basics and make you feel more comfortable behind the wheel coming weekend. Please take your time to go through this video prior to joining us.

On this drive topic, please introduce yourself a little bit, and include the following info:

3) Does your 4x4 have front and rear towpoints ? This is a very important point and i want you to inspect your towpoints to make sure they are not completely corroded or loose. We want to be able to recover your car from any angle safely in case you get stuck.

- 12V Air Compressor to inflate your tyres. We will be ending our drive nearby a petrol station but unfortunately their compressor is out of service. Hardware shops like ACE, Speedex, and Dragon Mart have plenty of options from 200AED up to 1500AED. 

After this drive, you will become a Newbie level driver, and then you will be needing additionally:

- An Offroad flag.

- A proper shovel.

If you have any of these items already, all the better, please bring them along.

• Like (+1) 1

Hello Guys,

Just joined minutes ago for the absolute newbie drive this 30th July at A Qudra

Been searching for a group for a while now to learn and has decided to join Carnity

Can't wait to learn tons!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 minute ago, Brian De Villa said:

Hello Guys,

Been searching for a group for a while now to learn and has decided to join Carnity

Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club @Brian De Villa !

Great to see a Suzuki Vitara in the club !

About Friday:

- An Offroad flag.

- A proper shovel.

• Like (+1) 2

Thanks Fred! Will use the Suzuki GV as lifts and shocks have been upgraded. Yes, both front and rear has recovery points

I do not really have a lot of off roading experience and considers myself a newbie

Will go over the points you sent to make sure I’m all set for Friday!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

1 hour ago, Brian De Villa said:

Hello Guys,

Wise decision @Brian De Villa welcome to @Carnity 👏👏

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Convoy Overview

1) Frederic - Mitsubishi Pajero SWB Blue - Crew  @Frederic

2) Enrico Biscaro-  Mitsubishi Pajero SWB Silver - AN @Enrico Biscaro

3) Aaliyah Mohammed - Jeep Wranger SWB Orange -AN @Aaliyah Mohammed

4) Brian Dev - Suzuki Grand Vitara Gray - AN @Brian Dev

5) Jins John - Landcruiser LC200 Silver - AN @Jins John

6) Ajit John - FJ Cruiser White - AN @Ajit John

7) Ambati - FJ Cruiser Blue - AN @AMBATI

8- M. Seidam - Xterra White - Advisor  @M.Seidam

If you haven't watched the Absolute Newbie briefing video yet, please do so now as it's a perfect introduction to our club and its basic guidelines. 

Don't forget to bring a tyre deflator / pressure gauge and small compressor to re-inflate your tyres after the drive.

We will be using the radio channel #1: 446.006 Mhz. For the ones that have no radio yet we will be providing a spare one.

In case of emergency you can contact me on "056 504 26 32"

See you all tomorrow at 5AM !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Drive Report

I still remember my first drive with Carnity. We met up near Pink Rock and planned to do short introductory Newbie drive. Things went the other way when multiple cars got stuck and we ended up shoveling each car out for quite some time and it was late in the afternoon by the time we exited. I had an absolute blast and loved the physical aspect, camaraderie, and felt part of a family from day one.

Today was a drive that went ultra smooth, and that is courtesy to all of you as you guys and gals came prepared, all listened to our instructions perfectly, and found the perfect rhythm and continuous momentum. As i mentioned in the debriefing, not every drive will be a smooth as this, but having a difficult drive can be fun as well and will bring new learning experiences. 

@Enrico Biscaro you came with your new ride and sailed through every dunes effortlessly. I hope you liked your first "club" drive and see the fun we have as a collective. Keep it up !

@Aaliyah Mohammed you brought a beautiful orange Jeep to our drive which you have mastered brilliantly. Your approach, lines, momentum were all super smooth. Well done !

@Brian Dev you hade some minor refusals at the beginning, but after deflating a little bit further down you've found your groove and drove really well today !

@Jins John you brought the legendary Land Cruiser today, which is due to its size not the easiest car to learn the art of offroading, but apart from some minor refusals you were in total control and did great !

@Ajit John with your experience on two wheels in the sand, having 2 additional ones surely helped today. Well driven !

A big thank you to my wonderful support @M.Seidam who kept a close watch on all of you. You live and breathe the Carnity spirit completely, as all of our newbies feel well looked after and supported, and it's that confidence that will make them grow week after week and become a better offroader / team player / club member. Thank you !!

Moving forward you all will be joining the Newbie drives and not an Absolute Newbie drive anymore. Drives are announced every Sunday at 11 am, and they go live on Sunday at 7:00 pm. Due to the high demand, these drives get full in about 10 minutes, so please be online at 7 pm to book your spot. If you miss a spot, put your name on the waitlist asap. Generally, by Thursday with dropouts everyone does get a spot if they have waitlisted. 

For the next drives, please bring along a deflator, pressure gauge, flag, compressor and radio as a minimum. 

• Learn to deflate your tires and checking them precisely
  • Learn to fix a flag on your car
  • Learn to program and fully charge your radio

Also like I mentioned during the debriefing, join the Carnity Whatsapp Drive Notification to get the latest updates on the drives, so that you can RSVP on time for the next weekend's drive.

Please have a look at below topic which describes the tools needed for every level. There is a separate tutorial inside which explains which radio we recommend and how to program them: (Please do not buy the Baofeng 888S spare radio we gave you, as these cannot be programmed without a special cable and software).

Please have a look at below grading structure that explains various off-road levels:

See you guys and gals soon on the sand again. Take care. 

@AMBATI we did not see you on the drive today. I hope everything is fine ?

• Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thank you a lot Frederic  @Frederic for  leading the absolute Newbie drive today. Indeed it was a super smooth morning being blessed by the “shy” sun along with super spirit and enthusiasm among all the new comers today who did just more than great in their day one reminded me of my own indeed.

@Enrico Biscaro @Aaliyah Mohammed  @Brian Dev @Jins Johnand @Ajit John thank you for making this day so beautiful by being on time , your careful attention and fantastic driving and I hope to see you again soon. Stay save wishing you lovely week ahead. 

Here comes a humble relive hope you enjoy 

and some snaps in gallery 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use