•  

COVID19 Compliant - Absolute Newbie Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 30 Jul 2021

Frederic

@Frederic
Thanks for helping me figure it out! GV is a bouncing baby boy and going lower than the initial tire pressure did it. Had a blast and learned more about my vehicle. 
@M.Seidam was always there to spot! And gave me more confidence on getting out of refusals. BTW i was holding the brake down and was the reason why the transfer case was not engaging :D 

• Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks All for the great Drive. Pictures are still few and far between, but I will eventually figure this thing out :-) 

20210730-_NR_3605.jpg

Just now, Enrico Biscaro said:

Thanks All for the great Drive. Pictures are still few and far between, but I will eventually figure this thing out :-) 

20210730-_NR_3605.jpg

If you will provide me with your e-mai dress I can upload and share with you the original files 

thank you 

20210730-_NR_3604.jpg

20210730-_NR_3610.jpg.9a664f0dab2fb0d879bdbed0d9fff068.jpg20210730-_NR_3609.jpg.b49e99dfbe808052506d099d4e3026cd.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Frederic said:

Drive Report

I still remember my first drive with Carnity. We met up near Pink Rock and planned to do short introductory Newbie drive. Things went the other way when multiple cars got stuck and we ended up shoveling each car out for quite some time and it was late in the afternoon by the time we exited. I had an absolute blast and loved the physical aspect, camaraderie, and felt part of a family from day one.

Today was a drive that went ultra smooth, and that is courtesy to all of you as you guys and gals came prepared, all listened to our instructions perfectly, and found the perfect rhythm and continuous momentum. As i mentioned in the debriefing, not every drive will be a smooth as this, but having a difficult drive can be fun as well and will bring new learning experiences. 

@Enrico Biscaro you came with your new ride and sailed through every dunes effortlessly. I hope you liked your first "club" drive and see the fun we have as a collective. Keep it up !

@Aaliyah Mohammed you brought a beautiful orange Jeep to our drive which you have mastered brilliantly. Your approach, lines, momentum were all super smooth. Well done !

@Brian Dev you hade some minor refusals at the beginning, but after deflating a little bit further down you've found your groove and drove really well today !

@Jins John you brought the legendary Land Cruiser today, which is due to its size not the easiest car to learn the art of offroading, but apart from some minor refusals you were in total control and did great !

@Ajit John with your experience on two wheels in the sand, having 2 additional ones surely helped today. Well driven !

A big thank you to my wonderful support @M.Seidam who kept a close watch on all of you. You live and breathe the Carnity spirit completely, as all of our newbies feel well looked after and supported, and it's that confidence that will make them grow week after week and become a better offroader / team player / club member. Thank you !!

Moving forward you all will be joining the Newbie drives and not an Absolute Newbie drive anymore. Drives are announced every Sunday at 11 am, and they go live on Sunday at 7:00 pm. Due to the high demand, these drives get full in about 10 minutes, so please be online at 7 pm to book your spot. If you miss a spot, put your name on the waitlist asap. Generally, by Thursday with dropouts everyone does get a spot if they have waitlisted. 

For the next drives, please bring along a deflator, pressure gauge, flag, compressor and radio as a minimum. 

• Learn to deflate your tires and checking them precisely
  • Learn to fix a flag on your car
  • Learn to program and fully charge your radio

Also like I mentioned during the debriefing, join the Carnity Whatsapp Drive Notification to get the latest updates on the drives, so that you can RSVP on time for the next weekend's drive.

Please have a look at below topic which describes the tools needed for every level. There is a separate tutorial inside which explains which radio we recommend and how to program them: (Please do not buy the Baofeng 888S spare radio we gave you, as these cannot be programmed without a special cable and software).

Please have a look at below grading structure that explains various off-road levels:

See you guys and gals soon on the sand again. Take care. 

@AMBATI we did not see you on the drive today. I hope everything is fine ?

Thanks for the message ..I am just recovering from bad Flu..Thought I could make it this week and hence ,applied .  Will definitely come over next week . Thank you 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use