•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Lisaili's Backdoor - Dubai - 30 Jul 2021

Ale Vallecchi

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie plus and above 

Meeting time: 5:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/3Qja7M6at3P9TBMbA

Action Plan: Shooting for Lisaili's easternmost reaches, all the way to Murqab's tall dunes and bowls, and back to Lisaili's plateau through the "Highway to Solar Park", that is the sand track that will take us back to the heart of the plateau, and out toward Solar Park's pylons. A mix of long range and technical dunes and bowls that will test our ability to drive fast and slow, in total control of the different terrains.

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9:30 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Ranjan Das said:

Hi Ale @Ale Vallecchi, please wait list me, 2nd drive for the weekend

Hello @Ranjan Das. You are #1 on the WL. Thanks

14 hours ago, Ashok chaturvedi said:

Please wait list 1 drive 

Dear @Ashok chaturvedi. You are #2 on the WL. Thanks a lot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Ale Vallecchi hey Ale I didn’t have a drive this weekend and I saw there was space in your drive, I know it’s a late join. If there was anyone waiting let me know I’ll leave the RSVP

On 7/26/2021 at 2:06 PM, Shehab Alawadhi said:

@Ale Vallecchi hey Ale I didn’t have a drive this weekend and I saw there was space in your drive, I know it’s a late join. If there was anyone waiting let me know I’ll leave the RSVP

Hello @Shehab Alawadhi. Thanks for signing in. Actually, there was a waiting list, so let me ask the other 2 members if they still plan to join, and then we'll decide. Thanks for understanding. 

On 7/25/2021 at 7:01 PM, Ranjan Das said:

Hi Ale @Ale Vallecchi, please wait list me, 2nd drive for the weekend

Hello @Ranjan Das  Are you still interested in joining the drive? Thanks for letting me know.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Shehab Alawadhi said:

@Ale Vallecchi no problem at all! Since that’s the case I’ll leave the RSVP. 

Shehab, 1st drive WL 

@Shehab Alawadhi, just wait to see what response I get. No hurry.

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Desertnauts,

a quick update on next Friday's drive. Even though summertime reduces the number of off-roaders, and the desert has enough time to cancel most of the tracks that have scarred it during the winter time's high-season, we are always in search of pristine areas to explore. Even though Lisaili is not the most visited area by Dubai's clubs, finding untouched sand still requires a good amount of planning and searching. Hence, we'll use its "backdoor" to access Lisaili's less beaten paths, to get away from the area closer to the pylons, directing the convoy toward Murqab, where we'll spend some time playing on its tall dunes, before re-entering Lisaili's heart through the Highway to Solar Park's sand track. The terrain will be a mix of long range dunes and technical areas. The speed will vary, from fast to slow, and all off-roading skills will be tested.

@Chinthaka Ruwan, @Russ, @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil, @Niki, @Nithin Vaidir, @Werno, @Matt.T, @Lakshmi Narasimhan and @Humayun Ghias welcome to the drive.

More info on Thursday evening. See you soon out there.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts,

a quick update on next Friday's drive. Even though summertime reduces the number of off-roaders, and the desert has enough time to cancel most of the tracks that have scarred it during the winter time's high-season, we are always in search of pristine areas to explore. Even though Lisaili is not the most visited area by Dubai's clubs, finding untouched sand still requires a good amount of planning and searching. Hence, we'll use its "backdoor" to access Lisaili's less beaten paths, to get away from the area closer to the pylons, directing the convoy toward Murqab, where we'll spend some time playing on its tall dunes, before re-entering Lisaili's heart through the Highway to Solar Park's sand track. The terrain will be a mix of long range dunes and technical areas. The speed will vary, from fast to slow, and all off-roading skills will be tested.

@Chinthaka Ruwan, @Russ, @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil, @Niki, @Nithin Vaidir, @Werno, @Matt.T, @Lakshmi Narasimhan and @Humayun Ghias welcome to the drive.

More info on Thursday evening. See you soon out there.

Interesting @Ale Vallecchi, see you all soon

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use