•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Lisaili's Backdoor - Dubai - 30 Jul 2021

Ale Vallecchi

@Ale Vallecchi sorry i couldnt join drive, was awake for last 40 hrs and slept without control got up just now, I am really sorry missed your drive.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

@Ale Vallecchi   thanks for this mornings drive, was a perfect start to the weekend and challenged me throughout. @Ranjan Das at 2nd lead,  @Kalahari with a smooth job at CW and @Russ bringing up the rear with @Shehab Alawadhi in club Ford. 

At least I had less sand in the car today as whenever I am close to these 2 i have to keep the windows open to the V8s burble.

Edited by Matt.T
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Thankyou @Ale Vallecchi … what a drive!! Nearly 100km on the dot… no ropes and barely a shovel!  Moving for nearly 4 hours!! 🍻🍻 and how you navigated the closing stretch with all that glare and almost no visibility/contrast on the dunes! 🙌🏽

@Kalahari &  @Shehab Alawadhi - great support for all that needed it!  And @Ranjan Das nicely done as SL! 

very quiet on the radio for a drive with @Shehab Alawadhi in the convoy but that’s also recognition of how great the trip was today- always moving and needing concentration..  fun being with this group and see you next weekend! 

Edited by Niki
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Thank you Ale @Ale Vallecchifor another wonderful drive - almost 100 KM of sheer driving- what a bliss! Thank you also for the lovely memento to commemorate the achievement. 
thanks @Kalahari (was nice meeting and driving with you, my first) and @Shehab Alawadhifor the support.

@Matt.T, @Niki, @Ashok chaturvedi, @Chinthaka Ruwan, @Russ and @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil, it was nice seeing and driving with you guys again - always a pleasure. Wish you all a great rest of the weekend 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Ale Vallecchi for an amazing drive. 
It's nice to discover new places and new pathways like the ones you took us through in the first part of our drive. 
You definitely bring us more confidence and techniques for ridge riding.
Pretty much enjoyed every moment this morning. Impressive distance we crossed that required a lot of attention and reaction. 
And as per the LRDG motto Non Vi Sed Arte :)

Thank you @Ranjan Das @Kalahari and @Shehab Alawadhi for the support and guidance. 

@Matt.T @Ashok chaturvedi @Chinthaka Ruwan@Niki @Russ Beautiful to see all of you guys this morning !

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi for the wonderful drive. Every drive with you is a new experience. Today it was a capable convoy and everyone did  great so we could cover more than 100km under  challenging  conditions.  Thank you for the sticker to celebrate our achievement and happy to be a part of LRDG.  Also a big thank to our SL @Ranjan Das CF @Kalahari and @Shehab Alawadhi at the back. 
@Matt.T @Niki @Ashok chaturvedi @Russ @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil always happy to drive with you guys.  Wish you a happy weekend. 

IMG_20210730_113944.jpg

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Ale Vallecchi yet another experience to drive under your command. The visibility conditions were not the best as the colour of sand terrain and the horizon was near same. I am visiting my optician to find out if there are some tinted sun shades for my glasses.I believe a red tint helps to distinguish the sand. Some crosses of crest with incline and coming out were difficult to make out. The whole drive was near incidence free except for a couple of tugs and spades maybe not more than few minutes each. Loved watching the gazelle and camel herds, though holding 4th position.. the first 3 cars are lucky and  scare them away but still could see their tails disappearing.The sand was still blowing hard and had to deep shower for another afternoon drive. Appreciate everyone's contribution.. seems all are good and safe drivers. @Kalahari CF and @Shehab Alawadhisweep did full justice to their position. Look forward guys next week.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use