•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Area 53 - Sharjah - 30 Jul 2021

Srikumar

14 minutes ago, Sunil Mathew said:

Thank you very much @Gaurav for this piece of advice. 

jeep-wrangler-jk-thermostats-2007-2018/products/copy-of-thermostat-for-jeep-wrangler-jk 

this is the thermostat I had in mind and saw now that it is fully open at 75degC. I was mistaken in quoting 85deg…

so going ahead with this , and let me observe the difference.

See if OEM sells lower temp thermo, go with that.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thank you @Srikumar for taking up a fewbie drive in area 53, the experience is entirely different than any other fewbie drives, and never expect to be the SL for my first drive in area 53.

The sand in the area is softer, and I have to use 2 of my prevous HT tires due some serious damage to the AT ones, I felt the reduced traction after first few small climbs and the refusal, I further aired down to 11 PSI.

After hitting a tiny pocket's rim, I of course had my first ever pop-out to one of the 11PSI HT tire. With the help of the team (many thanks to all of you!!), the pop-out got fixed quickly.

It was really surprising to see so many cars in the same area of a desert at the same time, perhaps there were nearly 100 cars in the area? I got to see a wild blackout Armada leading a covey, a crazy loud FJ covoy, several of the American Toyota specie 4Runner bouncing in Middle East desert, and Wranglers that look like pros but have zero knowledge on momentum and gravity.

I think it is definitely not easy to drive behind me this time, refusals and all that. If I were myself driving behind, I would be cursing the me in front already. @Aisha S has surely done well, and did not get disturbed much.

This drive has indeed challenged my cofidence and made me doubt my ability, but the learning is tremendous. Hopefully my next visit to area 53, I will bring more solid cofidence and ability to tackle this area.

It was good to have you all in this drive and special thanks to the support team member @Nivin and rescue mission team leader @Hisham Masaad

See you next time!

Few pics uploaded.

@Charbel can you whatsapp me for the video of you climbing the iftar bowl?

Edited by Zixuan Huang - Charlie
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

9 hours ago, Zixuan Huang - Charlie said:

Thank you @Srikumar for taking up a fewbie drive in area 53, the experience is entirely different than any other fewbie drives, and never expect to be the SL for my first drive in area 53.

The sand in the area is softer, and I have to use 2 of my prevous HT tires due some serious damage to the AT ones, I felt the reduced traction after first few small climbs and the refusal, I further aired down to 11 PSI.

After hitting a tiny pocket's rim, I of course had my first ever pop-out to one of the 11PSI HT tire. With the help of the team (many thanks to all of you!!), the pop-out got fixed quickly.

It was really surprising to see so many cars in the same area of a desert at the same time, perhaps there were nearly 100 cars in the area? I got to see a wild blackout Armada leading a covey, a crazy loud FJ covoy, several of the American Toyota specie 4Runner bouncing in Middle East desert, and Wranglers that look like pros but have zero knowledge on momentum and gravity.

I think it is definitely not easy to drive behind me this time, refusals and all that. If I were myself driving behind, I would be cursing the me in front already. @Aisha S has surely done well, and did not get disturbed much.

This drive has indeed challenged my cofidence and made me doubt my ability, but the learning is tremendous. Hopefully my next visit to area 53, I will bring more solid cofidence and ability to tackle this area.

It was good to have you all in this drive and special thanks to the support team member @Nivin and rescue mission team leader @Hisham Masaad

See you next time!

Few pics uploaded.

@Charbel can you whatsapp me for the video of you climbing the iftar bowl?

We all have difficult days, and IMHO you did pretty well. Yes, there were a couple of refusals and a popout, but unless you goto Area53 and have a double popout I wouldn't bother.

P.S. The first time I went to Area 53, I had a double popout twice, and so did another member in our convoy 😄

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks to @Srikumar for this excellent drive. I Really enjoyed the challenging terrain, pyramid dunes and attacking the Iftar bowl towards the end of the drive was a lot of fun. 

Thanks to @Zixuan Huang - Charlie for a great job at SL, @Nivin for the support at CF and as always the reassurance everyone has when @Hisham Masaad is in the sweep role. 

Enjoyed being out in the sand with everyone, thought the convoy kept up the momentum through the challenging terrain really well and was great to see everyone successfully tackling the Iftar bowl at the end. 

Edited by darren thompson
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use