•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Area 53 - Sharjah - 30 Jul 2021

Srikumar

Area 53 is one of the most intense areas for desert offroading with its high dunes, sharp drops and wonderful rolling dunes. The area demands utmost concentration, steering control and throttle. The area is also famous for super soft sand where recoveries adds to the challenge of the drive.   

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and above

When:  30 July 2021, Friday.

Meeting time: 5:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions).

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/PSQcuUAUWg3Nv8TDA

Type of car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9:00 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 3:00pm
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below Calendar 

• Like (+1) 1

• Gaurav changed the title to COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Area 53 - Sharjah - 30 Jul 2021

@Sunil Mathew @darren thompson @Charbel @Hardik Mody @Tareck @Aisha S @Abdul Rafay-S @Adhir Saxena @Zixuan Huang - Charlie @Anoop Nair

Thanks for signing up for the drive. As explained in the drive post, Area 53 can be the one of the most wonderful as well as most difficult areas for Fewbie level drives. This area has got it all - a whole lot of tall dunes, sharp drops, pyramids dunes, rolling dunes soft sand, etc.

Our plan is to visit as much of the pyramid and rolling dunes that time would permit and try to reach Iftar bowl before it gets too hot. For those of you who are wondering why a sand dune bowl in the middle of the desert is given a strange name as Iftar Bowl; that is because in pre-COVID era (seems like ages ago) on the 3rd Friday of Ramadan month all the offroad clubs in UAE would gather at the base of Iftar Bowl in the evening and the fasting members would break their fast. It has been an offroading tradition for more than 15 - 20 years and it was always wonderful to see as many 200 - 300 cars at the same time. Hopefully we would have the opportunity to relive this tradition during the next Ramadan. In the meanwhile, we will make do with what we can and keep practice playing on these amazing rolling dunes.

If any one feels that they have hardly used their shovels so far and that its getting rusted, Area 53 is the perfect place to put them to very good use.

Me and @Hisham Masaad look forward to driving with you all this Friday, and hopefully we overcome the challenge of Area 53 as a team. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

5 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

@Sunil Mathew @darren thompson @Charbel @Hardik Mody @Tareck @Aisha S @Abdul Rafay-S @Adhir Saxena @Zixuan Huang - Charlie @Anoop Nair

Thanks for signing up for the drive. As explained in the drive post, Area 53 can be the one of the most wonderful as well as most difficult areas for Fewbie level drives. This area has got it all - a whole lot of tall dunes, sharp drops, pyramids dunes, rolling dunes soft sand, etc.

Our plan is to visit as much of the pyramid and rolling dunes that time would permit and try to reach Iftar bowl before it gets too hot. For those of you who are wondering why a sand dune bowl in the middle of the desert is given a strange name as Iftar Bowl; that is because in pre-COVID era (seems like ages ago) on the 3rd Friday of Ramadan month all the offroad clubs in UAE would gather at the base of Iftar Bowl in the evening and the fasting members would break their fast. It has been an offroading tradition for more than 15 - 20 years and it was always wonderful to see as many 200 - 300 cars at the same time. Hopefully we would have the opportunity to relive this tradition during the next Ramadan. In the meanwhile, we will make do with what we can and keep practice playing on these amazing rolling dunes.

If any one feels that they have hardly used their shovels so far and that its getting rusted, Area 53 is the perfect place to put them to very good use.

Me and @Hisham Masaad look forward to driving with you all this Friday, and hopefully we overcome the challenge of Area 53 as a team. 

oooo I haven’t used my shovel yet. Looking forward to it!

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Aisha S said:

oooo I haven’t used my shovel yet. Looking forward to it!

Would recommend @Aisha S to make some exercise before Friday. Remove the shovel, shovel some sand next to your house and refix again. Make this few times, so you are ready😀😀. Hope you won't use it and others as well

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hisham Masaad said:

Would recommend @Aisha S to make some exercise before Friday. Remove the shovel, shovel some sand next to your house and refix again. Make this few times, so you are ready😀😀. Hope you won't use it and others as well

😂😂 i’ve done plenty of upper body workouts this week so i’m good

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Srikumar for the introduction and the theoretical dose given. I am so excited to meet members of the drive in this area, which is as much as challenging, as much as all will enjoy it, and will have the adrenaline levels shooting up 👍👍

• Like (+1) 1

First time with @Srikumar and first time in Area 53. I was under the impression that Area 53, Super bowl, Iftar bowl etc were strictly FB+ and IM territory. Was surprised to see Area 53 in an FB ride..so didnt want to miss the chance, and ended up as the first sign up 😀👍

Looking forward to it and 🤞🤞🤞

• Like (+1) 7

Important Information

Terms of use