•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Area 53 - Sharjah - 30 Jul 2021

Srikumar

Convoy Numbering 

1. Srikumar - Cherokee XJ

2. Charlie - Pathfinder

3. Aisha S - Wrangler

4. Anoop Nair - Wrangler

5. Sunil - Wrangler

6. Charbel - Xterra

7. Nivin - Xterra

8. Abdul Rafay - Wrangler

9. Tareck - Patrol Y62

10. Adhir - Pajero SWB

11. Rjducos - Ford F150

12. Darren Thompson - Raptor

13. Hisham - FJC

We will be using Carnity Channel 2 for the drive. See you tomorrow morning at 5 AM

• Like (+1) 9

1 hour ago, Tareck said:

awesome! thanks!

Thank you @Srikumar, @Hisham Masaad & @Nivin for making this drive happen. It was my first fewbie drive and it was absolutely thrilling from beginning to end. I felt challenged for the first time and it was great from beginning to end. 

• Like (+1) 5

thanks @Srikumar for this challenging yet super exciting drive this morning. had a lot of fun and learning today. 

that would not have been possible without the help of the support team @Hisham Masaad, @Nivin, @Zixuan Huang - Charlie and the group of amazing drivers.

i posted few pics and videos in the gallery. 

see you in the next one ! 

20210730_0720494921488920032008937_large.jpg

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Great drive @Srikumar, and as a first time experience to Area 53 and Iftar bowl, this drive has given me lot of confidence to attempt hill climbs. I was keeping an eye on my coolant temp which was hitting 115 degC at times and was doubtful whether i would make it up the iftar bowl, but since we had some rest time in between to cool down, i did not face any issue. thinking of an extra fan to be installed by today, and probably a different thermostat which opens at 85Deg instead of the stock 95DegC.

Sad that we could not attempt super bowl due to crowding in the area. Amazing support by @Nivin as CF and @Hisham Masaadas Sweep.

Good job at SL @Zixuan Huang - Charlie

Thanks @Tareckfor the video 

• Like (+1) 5

49 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

Trip Report

Everyone loves a challenge and this goes for trip leads as well. Area 53 is a challenging terrain for the best offroader and to take Fewbies there was a challenge I most definitely was looking forward the whole week.

Everyone met on time, and as we are at the end of July the sun does rise closer to 5:40 AM. So after a little bit of waiting and briefing we headed out to explore Area 53.

We entered through some of the smaller dunes to reach the base of the pyramids and everyone managed quite well. As we attempted the first staircase climb we did have a couple of refusals which was expected. A bit of rerouting and circling and the entire convoy started moving again.

Being a Fewbie convoy, I tried going up to about 70% height on the pyramid dunes, as the higher you go, the exit at the top of the dunes can get even more challenging. Since we couldn't exit from the top of the pyramid dunes we had to descend and started going around it and had to go through some more closely spaced dunes. A popout and a couple of refusals, but nothing major and everyone managed to get through that area quite well.

As it was getting warmer we decided to take a more flatter route towards Super Bowl and IFB. I would have loved for the Fewbie convoy to have a go at Super Bowl, but unfortunately there were a couple of other convoys in that area driving at high speeds and hence we decided to move towards Iftar Bowl. Once we reached IFB the climb was so enticing that no one could stop with a single one. Everyone made more than a couple of attempts and it was great to see everyone roar all the way to the top.

Big congratulatation to the entire group of Fewbies @Zixuan Huang - Charlie @Aisha S @Anoop Nair @Sunil Mathew @Charbel @Abdul Rafay-S @Tareck @Rjducos @Adhir Saxena for being brave enough to drive through Area 53. That is seriously a big achievement. And as you grow in confidence and driving skills, you will learn to love this area even more.

Finally a huge shot out to @Hisham Masaad@Nivin for watching over the entire convoy and continuously assisting shen needed. Your wonderful support permitted me to be  a bit more adventurous at times and make the drive challenging for the entire convoy. 

See you all soon on the sand.

@Srikumar this was my first drive with you and I definitely enjoyed it! as you said this area is challenging for fewbies but we all managed well. looking for new drives with you!

And thanks to @Hisham Masaad and @Nivin, it's always reassuring when driving with you guys

• Like (+1) 4

11 hours ago, Sunil Mathew said:

and probably a different thermostat which opens at 85Deg instead of the stock 95DegC.

85 is too late even. Look for 70-76 degree thermostat, if it exists in Jeep (I'm sure it will be).

Pajero stock thermo open at 85 and low temp opens at 76, both available from dealership.

Rem, thermo opening and closing is at slow motion and not an instant electronic on/off switch. 76 degree thermo start opening at 76 degrees and will take a minute or two to fully open by the time temp will rise to 80-85 degrees.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

2 hours ago, Gaurav said:

85 is too late even. Look for 70-76 degree thermostat, if it exists in Jeep (I'm sure it will be).

Pajero stock thermo open at 85 and low temp opens at 76, both available from dealership.

Rem, thermo opening and closing is at slow motion and not an instant electronic on/off switch. 76 degree thermo start opening at 76 degrees and will take a minute or two to fully open by the time temp will rise to 80-85 degrees.

Thank you very much @Gaurav for this piece of advice. 

jeep-wrangler-jk-thermostats-2007-2018/products/copy-of-thermostat-for-jeep-wrangler-jk 

this is the thermostat I had in mind and saw now that it is fully open at 75degC. I was mistaken in quoting 85deg…

so going ahead with this , and let me observe the difference.

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use