•  

COVID19 Compliant - Intermediate Desert Drive - Area 53: the 1km ascent quest (reloaded) - Sharjah - 31 Jul 2021

56 minutes ago, Ashok chaturvedi said:

how u attached the camera as If it was a drone.

You can see the whole set up on the picture below the video. The solution is not ideal, but the best which you can make without drilling a hole in the car

• Well Done (+2) 1

Dear @Lorenzo Candelpergher thanks for this amazing drive with lot of learning, I really appreciate the way of your teaching and keeping patience through out even knowing that the convoy order is getting disturb with the reason of Pajero. Hats off the way you boost me to try again and again till I learn how to get success.  

Also a very big thanks to our support team @Mario Cornejo as SL @M.Seidam as CF and @Hisham Masaadas SW for keeping an eye on us so that everyone can enjoy safely. Appreciate  your guidance, support and help. (Great team)   

• Would like to get some suggestion regarding extra gas/fuel cane for pajero (which one to buy or from where to fix it)      

I do apologize with @Mario Cornejo @Ranjan Das @Lakshmi Narasimhan @M.Seidam @Ilya @Watteau @Dodi Syahdar @Abu Muhammad @Hisham Masaad members in this convoy *if they are disappointed with my driving OR with any pajero driver OR with the fuel issue in SWB pajero * and also I would like to remind everyone that once your are an expert driver at intermediate level or in any level then don,t forget your previous days when you did the same thing to learn and become today's expert. For my understanding Carnity is a platform where we can enjoy nature, beauty of desert and sure understand our cars and learn how to improve desert driving skills hence we should not underestimate anyone whoever is new. Refusal, stuck, pop-outs, over heat, mechanical issues... etc..etc.. are a part of learning and getting experience for future which can happen with any super power brand of car or with any experienced driver. Overall concept is safety should be on first priority then drive and enjoy keeping in mind Its not a place of formula-1 that winner will get a reward of gold medal.   

Stay safe... (InshalAllah) see you in next drive :) 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

14 minutes ago, Danish Mohammad said:

Dear @Lorenzo Candelpergher thanks for this amazing drive with lot of learning, I really appreciate the way of your teaching and keeping patience through out even knowing that the convoy order is getting disturb with the reason of Pajero. Hats off the way you boost me to try again and again till I learn how to get success.  

Also a very big thanks to our support team @Mario Cornejo as SL @M.Seidam as CF and @Hisham Masaadas SW for keeping an eye on us so that everyone can enjoy safely. Appreciate  your guidance, support and help. (Great team)   

• Would like to get some suggestion regarding extra gas/fuel cane for pajero (which one to buy or from where to fix it)      

I do apologize with @Mario Cornejo @Ranjan Das @Lakshmi Narasimhan @M.Seidam @Ilya @Watteau @Dodi Syahdar @Abu Muhammad @Hisham Masaad members in this convoy *if they are disappointed with my driving OR with any pajero driver OR with the fuel issue in SWB pajero * and also I would like to remind everyone that once your are an expert driver at intermediate level or in any level then don,t forget your previous days when you did the same thing to learn and become today's expert. For my understanding Carnity is a platform where we can enjoy nature, beauty of desert and sure understand our cars and learn how to improve desert driving skills hence we should not underestimate anyone whoever is new. Refusal, stuck, pop-outs, over heat, mechanical issues... etc..etc.. are a part of learning and getting experience for future which can happen with any super power brand of car or with any experienced driver. Overall concept is safety should be on first priority then drive and enjoy keeping in mind Its not a place of formula-1 that winner will get a reward of gold medal.   

You can buy petrol cans anywhere in Dubai (petrol stations mainly). Speedex even has the metal ones that can be mounted on the outside with a bracket. But did you start the drive with a full tank ? Usually the extra petrol cans are more for Liwa drives. If you run out of petrol in 4hrs something must be wrong.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

11 minutes ago, Frederic said:

You can buy petrol cans anywhere in Dubai (petrol stations mainly). Speedex even has the metal ones that can be mounted on the outside with a bracket. But did you start the drive with a full tank ? Usually the extra petrol cans are more for Liwa drives. If you run out of petrol in 4hrs something must be wrong.

Actually he was not running out of petrol, on flat area he had little more than quarter tank. When driving on incline it was showing on reserve as the guage was not on level ground (which is normal). Its better to carry a 10L can for safety.

Edited by Lakshmi Narasimhan
Edit
  • Like (+1) 4

31 minutes ago, Danish Mohammad said:

You don't need to apologize @Danish Mohammad , this is all part of the game. At the end all enjoyed, practiced and I am sure learned, but please, since you managed at the end, don't do it again 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

@Frederic SWB 3.8 pajero 2009 gets full tank from reserve light ON in 130 aed which shows a display of 296 km to cover on-road distance BUT while driving in sand on 4H manual 2nd &1st gear it don't shows correct.

But in last drive on 4H (manual) i got confuse that why fuel became that much low that reserve light got ON 

Once came back on road  and switch to normal drive 2H back on D then it shows less than quarter and light OFF

due to this I started thinking to carry extra fuel but still getting confuse how to carry ?

Is it safe to keep filled cane inside the car and drive 😕         

• Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, Danish Mohammad said:

@Frederic SWB 3.8 pajero 2009 gets full tank from reserve light ON in 130 aed which shows a display of 296 km to cover on-road distance BUT while driving in sand on 4H manual 2nd &1st gear it don't shows correct.

But in last drive on 4H (manual) i got confuse that why fuel became that much low that reserve light got ON 

Once came back on road  and switch to normal drive 2H back on D then it shows less than quarter and light OFF

due to this I started thinking to carry extra fuel but still getting confuse how to carry ?

Is it safe to keep filled cane inside the car and drive 😕         

Looks like your Pajero is consuming 17.3 l/100km according to its own calculations. That is quite a lot. Did you get your injectors cleaned already ? Our 3.8 LWB is doing around 12.5 l/100km. Of course it depends on drive style and type of driving (city vs highway).

image.png.43d48f3764c15a19fda0dd5211650ba1.png

You can put a small extra jerrycan in the back of the car, but it's indeed not ideal, hence many people opt for a bracket with external holder.

If i were you i would have a further look at that high consumption and maybe get it checked out at the garage. I've heard of many Pajeros with high consumption that dropped after injector cleaning.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Frederic 12.5 is amazing!! I get around 16 17 on my LWB 3.8 as well!  Maybe cos I drive +20 speed limit 90% of the time on highways and use unichip in dunes! How’s your car fuel consumption look like @Adhir Saxena @Wrangeld @Anish S

Edited by GauravSoni
  • Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1

Dear @Danish Mohammad no need to apologize at all. If you want to know how I became an advisor it won’t be a secret any more . Simply because from day one some one drove me out to safety and on day two another one took my hand literally and showed me how to approach the ridge and criss cross it safely. And today it’s time some one took your hand and did the same . And trust me we are all happy that we get in together and get out together and that’s what matters . You have done very well eventually and hope to see you and drive with you again my friend .👍

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

41 minutes ago, Danish Mohammad said:

Fuel level can false alarm when you put the car on the incline (or driving down or up). My jeep scared me few times a lot!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use