Jump to content

COVID19 Compliant - Intermediate Desert Drive - Area 53: the 1km ascent quest (reloaded) - Sharjah - 31 Jul 2021


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Mario Cornejo said:

I suppose it is just not possible to anticipate all possible issues or ensure that entire convoy moves at a constant pace and speed throughout +4 hrs driving,  therefore a big thank you for the patience during these situations.

Very valid point expressed.

These uncertainties, challenges, failure, accomplishment make off-roading exciting than 4 hour long drive with cruise control on the highway.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 5

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DRIVE REPORT Dear Desert Wanderers,  My last drive as lead had been exactly 30 days ago, so I came to this drive with some concern whether I was actually going to be up to the task, given th

Just to reflect the atmosphere on the drive Plus, I can now teach how to "stop" in a nice position  

Congrats @Lorenzo Candelpergher for nailing the definition of "Great Leader".  To take the whole convoy from point A to point B. I salute you with my utmost respect, for taking everyone

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

Very valid point expressed.

These uncertainties, challenges, failure, accomplishment make off-roading exciting than 4 hour long drive with cruise control on the highway.

@Gaurav fully agree with you and @Mario Cornejo  driving and taking the whole team together is part of learning process. and managing to maintain ones momentum and patience while new entrants to a level struggle with is am important element of   process - we all have been there and were well supported by seniors. It's our time to give back.

However also agree with @Abu Muhammad - due to recent changes in promotion criteria  many of us have been on Intermediate level drives for quite a bit and at times want to test our driving skills as well - which I am sure you will agree becomes a bit of issue when we have new intermediate drivers on same drives, irrespective of how beautiful and challenging the terrain. Again not discrediting any ones performance it's just a fact - experience at a level makes a big diff. I remember my first few Fewbie or Fewbie plus or intermediate drives - I as most of my peers struggled the same way. 

Some of us have been waiting for qualification drive for extreme drives - would appreciate if you can please share the plan on that? 

Edited by varunmehndiratta
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Some of us have been waiting for qualification drive for extreme drives - would appreciate if you can please share the plan on that? 

@Srikumar have been working very hard on those pre-qualification guideline with lot of feedback and inputs from seniors to make it relevant, fair, challenging and yet safe for everyone.

It's almost ready and he should be rolling out soon.

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

@Srikumar have been working very hard on those pre-qualification guideline with lot of feedback and inputs from seniors to make it relevant, fair, challenging and yet safe for everyone.

It's almost ready and he should be rolling out soon.

Thanks @Gaurav @Srikumar looking forward to the same . really appreciate the dynamic way in which structure and process is improved and instilled at @Carnity.. Extreme drives are challenging and with safety as priority can well understand the thought process that goes into rolling out these processes. 

Thanks 

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

However also agree with @Abu Muhammad - due to recent changes in promotion criteria  many of us have been on similar level drives for quite a bit and at times want to test our driving skills as well - which I am sure you will agree becomes a bit of issue when we have new intermediate drivers on same drives, irrespective of how beautiful the terrain.

I believe as carnity has considered all factors in revising the grading structure which is paying of well. Carnity also makes sure one do complete all the required skills learning for that level before advancing to higher level

I take more drives to complete one level based on how fast I learn and apply that. Every level has its own challenge for the new drivers joining that level.

We cant have specific requirements for each and every terrain, as that is not possible with desert changing shape every now and then.

Yes of course for extreme drives theres qualification based on car capability, drive skills and experience which are valid. 
 

 

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Abu Muhammad said:

Very nice video @IlyaThank you for sharing. 

Genuinely nice videk wonder how u attached the camera as If it was a drone.

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

Very valid point expressed.

These uncertainties, challenges, failure, accomplishment make off-roading exciting than 4 hour long drive with cruise control on the highway.

 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The debate for Pajero from Gears to Intermediate is intersting. The only thing to add is from own expereince.. Pajero are Pajero cant replace Jeeps, FJ and other monsters. I tried everything even spend nearly Aed 20K on modification of Pajero 3.8 but finally decided to buy FJ. These cars Pajero I mean are good upto a point but have a limits. Yes one can with correct skills with courage can succeed on some drives the level of intermediate but then 'NOVA'. Old cars perish in the harshness of such drives.. unless one mates with a garage and has plenty of cash to spend and ability to hide from the spouse.. stop it. Also leads decide the level based on the day of drive. Once I saw our dear @Lorenzo Candelpergher and his dare devil group fly past 'Extreme' on a total dune crest when some in our convoy were shoveling or tugging way down on near flat sands.. i.e. F+ level. So the point is dont overdo.. recognise the limitation of your car first and your skills second. God Bless 

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ashok chaturvedi said:

The debate for Pajero from Gears to Intermediate is intersting. The only thing to add is from own expereince.. Pajero are Pajero cant replace Jeeps, FJ and other monsters. I tried everything even spend nearly Aed 20K on modification of Pajero 3.8 but finally decided to buy FJ. These cars Pajero I mean are good upto a point but have a limits. Yes one can with correct skills with courage can succeed on some drives the level of intermediate but then 'NOVA'. Old cars perish in the harshness of such drives.. unless one mates with a garage and has plenty of cash to spend and ability to hide from the spouse.. stop it. Also leads decide the level based on the day of drive. Once I saw our dear @Lorenzo Candelpergher and his dare devil group fly past 'Extreme' on a total dune crest when some in our convoy were shoveling or tugging way down on near flat sands.. i.e. F+ level. So the point is dont overdo.. recognise the limitation of your car first and your skills second. God Bless 

I see couple of leads driving pajero 3.8 and 3.5 LWB and few having SWB, leaving the limitations for extreme level we should be able to do intermediate drives with Pajero. Few cases where theres upshifting problem, we need to carry along to the max level possible and then its up to individuals to upgrade the car based on their interest, budget etc or enjoy the max level they can!!!

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The inherent reason why we all drive in the desert is to enjoy ourselves some time off from our sometimes mundane and sometime Exciting work Life… everybody has their own reason. Out there among the dunes, it’s not a competition of who can climb higher or faster or fly off the dunes. It’s a way for us to relax and enjoy the sport in a safe manner. 
just like no finger on our hand is same, no car or driver is expected to be same however we keep Developing our skills to drive at same level with our fellow drivers. 
 Even the best drivers and cars have bad days…

we get in and get out as a team! 

these drives with @Carnity are our way to unwind and not a rally. Healthy banter is always welcomed!!! And it’s our own choice which drives to join! 
Regarding Pajero’s capability, I believe it’s as good as the driver can be! 

Edited by GauravSoni
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For replying to this topic, please

Subscribe and then join Offroad Club

And enjoy multiple level off-road drives - every weekend.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use