•  

COVID19 Compliant - Lens Lovers Club - Perseids Meteor Shower and AstroPhotography Session - 12 August 2021

Frederic

2 minutes ago, Niki said:

If you want to shoot the milkyway we can do a slightly earlier arrival and play around a bit. 

Naah, If I touch camera I get hyper very easily and expect too much and may not enjoy the real stuff.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

37 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Naah, If I touch camera I get hyper very easily and expect too much and may not enjoy the real stuff.

Very true... nothing better than to sit back and relax and let our eyes gaze at the starry sky !

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

52 minutes ago, Niki said:

like you @Gaurav I was coming to enjoy the show vs shoot, but now @samamara has kindly offered to help with some MIlkyway shots - i may arrive a little earlier and try that out ... hopefully finish by the time the convoy arrives for the shower and then sit back (not able to recline as not yet at the 'posh' level of glamping to have a reclining camping chair) and enjoy the show. 

If you want to shoot the milkyway we can do a slightly earlier arrival and play around a bit. 

I'm not 100% clear on the timing for the drives but the Perseids should go throughout the night. The prime viewing time for the Milky Way should be between 10:00 and 1:00. I'm super excited 😍 !

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, samamara said:

I'm not 100% clear on the timing for the drives but the Perseids should go throughout the night. The prime viewing time for the Milky Way should be between 10:00 and 1:00. I'm super excited 😍 !

The Carnity Offroad drive is scheduled in Maliha-Fossil Rock from 8PM till 11PM after we will quickly inflate and head out to Shawka dam.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Frederic said:

The Carnity Offroad drive is scheduled in Maliha-Fossil Rock from 8PM till 11PM after we will quickly inflate and head out to Shawka dam.

Has anyone been out there recently at night? When I go there I'm generally in the wadi (between there and Wadi Tuwa) and not at the dam itself. I understand they've made quite a park there. I just want to be sure it isn't brightly lit at the dam at night now 🤔 . If it is, Buraq dam may be a better option (it's just a few more minutes away). I could do a little reconnaissance mission one of these nights if no one has been out there to know. 

1 minute ago, samamara said:

Has anyone been out there recently at night? When I go there I'm generally in the wadi (between there and Wadi Tuwa) and not at the dam itself. I understand they've made quite a park there. I just want to be sure it isn't brightly lit at the dam at night now 🤔 . If it is, Buraq dam may be a better option (it's just a few more minutes away). I could do a little reconnaissance mission one of these nights if no one has been out there to know. 

Hi Sam, i was planning to do a recon this weekend do verify this as well. Will get in touch with you.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Savio Fernandes said:

I've been there during last eid in May'21 place is lit around the park, however access to dam was restricted

Yeah i was afraid of that. We will be finalizing on the meeting point by this weekend ( i will be scouting the area). In any case if we decide on a different meeting point it will be similar or same distance from Maliha as Wadi Shawka. I will go and check out Buraq Dam this weekend.

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use