•  

COVID19 Compliant - Lens Lovers Club - Perseids Meteor Shower and AstroPhotography Session - 12 August 2021

Frederic

Waitlist as per 27 July 2021

1) Ranjan Das

2) BipinM

3) Humayun Ghias

4) Joseph Sebastian

5) Alexander Alcala

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

A nice article to get introduced to Astrophotography and Time lapse recording:

https://www.canon.com.au/explore/astrophotography-timelapse-tips-from-matthew-vandeputte

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

GPP also do a Fujifilm loaner where you can book out a body + lens or just lens. There's a sizeable security deposit but you can get the X-T3 or X-T4 which are both excellent low-light performers if you're just getting your feet wet.

https://gulfphotoplus.com/blog/905/The-Fujifilm-Loan-Program

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

Just now, AbdullaB said:

Hey @Frederic! I'll be bringing in my Fujifilm XT-2 with XF 16mm F1.4 R WR, I'd say I am a Enthusiast! Took a couple of sweet photos last year during a meteor shower and looking forward to be doing it again!

Fantastic ! See you soon !

UPDATE

After having verified Shawka Dam, where recently they have installed LED lighting on the parking, we have decided to move the meeting point to Buraq Dam: 

Meetup Location: Buraq Dam Parking 
https://goo.gl/maps/KJDj5dukheWD5ArT7

For the people who are attending the Fossil Rock Newbie level drive that same evening, we will be driving together to the meeting point as soon as we are inflated.

For the members who are joining us independently, please take note to avoid this route below: Google Maps is not showing the correct information during the drive and might make you confused and lose the exit. 

image.png.90a15f308aa9f44b70f94bbce2b9ad8b.png

The best route is to take the E102 if you are coming from Dubai or Sharjah, and first to enter "Al Thameed Health Centre" as your final location. Once you reach there, change it to the "Buraq Dam" and it will lead you through Fili town. This is an easy and short route. 

image.png.314a4900c48fdc10dea8129b95275422.png

image.png.fec2d892d1386d42442072066cb77942.png

@Gaurav @Zed @munkybizness @Ashok chaturvedi @Savio Fernandes @Paul Zeitoun @samamara @Niki @JeromeFJ @AbdullaB

• Thanks (+1) 5

1 minute ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Hi @Frederic seems like a long waitlist still if a possibility can you add me to the list. 

Hi @varunmehndiratta yes the waitlist is long :) Let's see if there will be signouts the coming days and if we can slip you in.

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use