•  

COVID19 Compliant - Lens Lovers Club - Perseids Meteor Shower and AstroPhotography Session - 12 August 2021

Frederic

2 minutes ago, Zabi Khan said:

I would like to register for the Meteor Shower Drive on 12th August 

Zabi Khan

Thanks

Hi @Zabi Khan welcome to Carnity !

For now the RSVP is already full and we have 4-5 more members waitlisted, but i hope we can extend the RSVP and accomodate everyone. 

Which camera and equipment are you bringing ? Do you have prior experience?  

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Zabi Khan @Humayun Ghias @Joseph Sebastian @Alexander Alcala @varunmehndiratta

I have added you all to the session as we will be extending the RSVP limit. 

Please do confirm if you can make it or not.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Gaurav@Zed @munkybizness@Ashok chaturvedi @Savio Fernandes @Paul Zeitoun @samamara@Niki @AbdullaB @BipinM @Humayun Ghias@Zabi Khan @Joseph Sebastian @Alexander Alcala @varunmehndiratta

Thanks for the massive signup and i hope we can make it a joyful session where we can relax and learn from each-other !

A few pointers to make this session go smooth:

1) Upon arrival, please park your vehicle on the designated parking ONLY :

https://goo.gl/maps/gofwLBvNe6ihknJs9

If you want to cross the bridge and take photos near the trees, i would like to ask you to take out your gear and walk for that small distance. We will be having 15 cars so let's keep it safe for everyone.

2) People will be setting up their cameras, and we want to keep the area as dark as possible, so please avoid switching on your headlights of your cars during the session or driving around. Carry a small headlight (red light is perfect).

3) Make sure to keep your mask during the session. Same COVID19 guidelines as we do on our Offroad Drives.

4) Bring your Walkie Talkie and tune in to Channel 1: 446.006 Mhz. This way if you need help from someone, you can radio in for assistance. It will be pitch dark in the area so it will also ensure that we know where everyone is.

As myself and some other members will be having an off-road drive earlier the same night, we will try to reach the meeting point before midnight. In case we are delayed, do not wait for us but you can start the session. The area is large and open and you can take your time to setup your camera either on the pier, bridge, or near the trees.

Please do not cross the bridge with your car, as the sand looks quite hard but i don't want to see cars getting stuck in the muddy patch near the water's edge !

image.png.8522045c87c5a98fcb55b97847db3bd9.png

If you have any questions in setting up your camera, please use this discussion topic so we can try to help you out.

There is also very useful information on the subject in below post:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Frederic said:

@Gaurav@Zed @munkybizness@Ashok chaturvedi @Savio Fernandes @Paul Zeitoun @samamara@Niki @AbdullaB @BipinM @Humayun Ghias@Zabi Khan @Joseph Sebastian @Alexander Alcala @varunmehndiratta

Thanks for the massive signup and i hope we can make it a joyful session where we can relax and learn from each-other !

A few pointers to make this session go smooth:

1) Upon arrival, please park your vehicle on the designated parking ONLY :

https://goo.gl/maps/gofwLBvNe6ihknJs9

If you want to cross the bridge and take photos near the trees, i would like to ask you to take out your gear and walk for that small distance. We will be having 15 cars so let's keep it safe for everyone.

2) People will be setting up their cameras, and we want to keep the area as dark as possible, so please avoid switching on your headlights of your cars during the session or driving around. Carry a small headlight (red light is perfect).

3) Make sure to keep your mask during the session. Same COVID19 guidelines as we do on our Offroad Drives.

4) Bring your Walkie Talkie and tune in to Channel 1: 446.006 Mhz. This way if you need help from someone, you can radio in for assistance. It will be pitch dark in the area so it will also ensure that we know where everyone is.

As myself and some other members will be having an off-road drive earlier the same night, we will try to reach the meeting point before midnight. In case we are delayed, do not wait for us but you can start the session. The area is large and open and you can take your time to setup your camera either on the pier, bridge, or near the trees.

Please do not cross the bridge with your car, as the sand looks quite hard but i don't want to see cars getting stuck in the muddy patch near the water's edge !

image.png.8522045c87c5a98fcb55b97847db3bd9.png

If you have any questions in setting up your camera, please use this discussion topic so we can try to help you out.

There is also very useful information on the subject in below post:

Thank you @FredericI confirm attendance 

Thanks for organizing this with detailed itinerary Director @Frederic 👍,  I confirmed attendance since I already booked hotel for overnight in Dubai. Eventhough I broke my LandCruiser's Front Differential, this doesn't stop me from attending the meteor shower (taking the backup Y62 for a ride besides mall parkings 😄) . Sadly I will miss your Newbie Night Drive though, since I'm so used to the LC100 I don't feel confident anymore driving the Stock Y62 to any desert... it seems the stars are not aligned for this night drive 🙈 

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @Frederic seems the team is all prepped up… was just going through the news link and it says that the peak is between 11th august night to 12th morning…the drive is planned for 12th night… 24 hours later to the expected peak in showers…. Is this how it’s planned or m I missing something… I am curious as I plan to go out to watch this event with family and want to make sure that I don’t end up getting house arrest for picking the wrong day!

Edited by GauravSoni
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GauravSoni said:

Hi @Frederic seems the team is all prepped up… was just going through the news link and it says that the peak is between 11th august night to 12th morning…the drive is planned for 12th night… 24 hours later to the expected peak in showers…. Is this how it’s planned or m I missing something… I am curious as I plan to go out to watch this event with family and want to make sure that I don’t end up getting house arrest for picking the wrong day!

DAB98FC1-DD2B-43DA-ABE6-68BFC37C70B8.jpeg.8840355fd90585e94c527950dc785ef5.jpeg

show the court the above and hopeful any house arrest is prevented! :) 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use