•  

COVID19 Compliant - Lens Lovers Club - Perseids Meteor Shower and AstroPhotography Session - 12 August 2021

Frederic

5 hours ago, Frederic said:

this gem of an area

@Fredericthis is absolutely one of my favourite spots - around the whole area really - and during the times with the Milky Way core is above the horizon there are great opportunities here. Can we keep it in mind as a possibility for another shot before the end of the season?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Thanks @Frederic for organizing and also the detailed route instructions - would never have found it otherwise! Also thanks to @munkybizness for the idea and @samamara for the location and the rest or you for the infectious enthusiasm which extended to me being able to motivate my wife and daughters to accompany me (though the elder one found the breeze pleasant enough to take a nap under the stars!). Unfortunately I forgot to get my radio and was not sure of the groupl location after I came down into the tree area - would have been a great opportunity to meet and chat with the group members, will look forward to the next opportunity for that. And there were quite a few people around other than carnity thanks to the considerable media publicity around the meteor shower. I think this place is a really good location and worth more visits on more regular nights just to see the sky and stars just on their own merit...thanks so much for that

Some very nice shots @Frederic and @BipinM..(you seem to have captured some meteor trails!)..looking forward to more from the rest and of course @samamara. Will also post something if I can salvage any decent ones...i shot pointed right up into the sky to avoid the regular headlights and torch beams 🙃

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

My first time joining and experimenting with photography. Thank you @Fredericfor organising and @munkybiznessfor the initiative.

Was great sitting next to @samamara. Thank you for all of your help with the tips and suggestions.

Until next time! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Joseph Sebastian said:

Thanks @Frederic for organizing and also the detailed route instructions - would never have found it otherwise! Also thanks to @munkybizness for the idea and @samamara for the location and the rest or you for the infectious enthusiasm which extended to me being able to motivate my wife and daughters to accompany me (though the elder one found the breeze pleasant enough to take a nap under the stars!). Unfortunately I forgot to get my radio and was not sure of the groupl location after I came down into the tree area - would have been a great opportunity to meet and chat with the group members, will look forward to the next opportunity for that. And there were quite a few people around other than carnity thanks to the considerable media publicity around the meteor shower. I think this place is a really good location and worth more visits on more regular nights just to see the sky and stars just on their own merit...thanks so much for that

Some very nice shots @Frederic and @BipinM..(you seem to have captured some meteor trails!)..looking forward to more from the rest and of course @samamara. Will also post something if I can salvage any decent ones...i shot pointed right up into the sky to avoid the regular headlights and torch beams 🙃

Sounds like a great time was had by all @Joseph Sebastian - I hope I get to meet you and more of the others next time, and I look forward to your shots too :) 

6 minutes ago, Humayun Ghias said:

My first time joining and experimenting with photography. Thank you @Fredericfor organising and @munkybiznessfor the initiative.

Was great sitting next to @samamara. Thank you for all of your help with the tips and suggestions.

Until next time! 

@Humayun Ghias - not at all, it was my pleasure! I hope you got some great shots; I can't wait to see. See you again on the next adventure!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all 😊

I finally got around to checking the images I took for timelapse the night of the meteor shower meet up. Sadly it's so short and not very good; there's not a single meteor, though there are lots of plane trails that I'll squint at and call meteors so the hours of shooting aren't a total bust 😂! At least the clouds added some drama to the evening skies ❤️.

I can't upload it here as the file type is not allowed but you can click here to have a look

Looking forward to the next outing 😍!

Sam

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

3 minutes ago, samamara said:

Hello all 😊

I finally got around to checking the images I took for timelapse the night of the meteor shower meet up. Sadly it's so short and not very good; there's not a single meteor, though there are lots of plane trails that I'll squint at and call meteors so the hours of shooting aren't a total bust 😂! At least the clouds added some drama to the evening skies ❤️.

I can't upload it here as the file type is not allowed but you can click here to have a look

Looking forward to the next outing 😍!

Sam

It's fantastic ! And if you wouldnt have told these are plane trails i would have thought they were meteors :) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Just now, Frederic said:

It's fantastic ! And if you wouldnt have told these are plane trails i would have thought they were meteors :) 

Dammit 😂  I shouldn't have said! Oh well, next time 😉. Thank you - it's not the timelapse I wanted to make but I also didn't want the hundreds of frames to go to waste. 

Important Information

Terms of use