•  

COVID19 Compliant - Lens Lovers Club - Perseids Meteor Shower and AstroPhotography Session - 12 August 2021

Frederic

The Perseids Meteor Showers began on July 17th and will continue until they peak on the nights of August 12th and 13th with up to 60 trails per hour.

https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/meteor-shower/perseid.html

https://www.travelawaits.com/2683734/perseid-meteor-shower-august-2021/

The plan is to have a meetup with max. 15 members to practice and enjoy the art of Night photography and learn from each other. Bring whatever camera you have and have a look at the advisable settings in your camera's manual or ask in the forum. After the event you can publish your photos in our gallery !

Meetup Location: Buraq Dam Parking 
https://goo.gl/maps/KJDj5dukheWD5ArT7

Photography Location:
https://goo.gl/maps/icqfVZmoV7T9kwbv7

What to bring:

Red headlamp and/or flashlight, camping chair, Camera or Smartphone, tripod, film/memory cards, extra battery, Recommended Lens(es). A tripod is recommended for night photography.

Note: This meetup session is COVID19 Compliant, hence we strictly ask all members to wear their masks, keep social distance, and not to share any food. 

This is not an Offroad drive, there will no need to deflate.

For the members who are joining us for the first time, please let us know which camera/lenses you are using and in which category you would put yourself:

1- Absolute Newbie. (Interested in Photography, but mostly use the Automatic settings, and things like aperture, iso, and f-stops are a mystery to me).

2- Enthusiast. (Is not afraid of experimenting with the manual settings, and knows his way around his camera a bit).

3- Jedi Master. (Is mastering not only his own equipment, but can help out or other members during the session).

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

• Frederic changed the title to COVID19 Compliant - Lens Lovers Club - Perseids Meteor Shower and AstroPhotography Session - 12 August 2021

Hi @Frederic, firstly still can't believe how quickly you turned this little ping into this! 

I'm an enthusiast and will be bringing my Fujinon 35mm f/1.4 and XE-2.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Good morning @Savio Fernandes @Paul Zeitoun @AbdullaB thanks for signing up !

As you are joining us for the first time, please let us know which camera/lenses you will be bringing, and which experience you have. This will help us in determining if you need any help or assistance from our experienced members with similar type of equipment.

Thanks!

For the members who are joining us for the first time, please let us know which camera/lenses you are using and in which category you would put yourself:

1- Absolute Newbie. (Interested in Photography, but mostly use the Automatic settings, and things like aperture, iso, and f-stops are a mystery to me).

2- Enthusiast. (Is not afraid of experimenting with the manual settings, and knows his way around his camera a bit).

3- Jedi Master. (Is mastering not only his own equipment, but can help out or other members during the session).

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hi @Frederic I will be bringing a recliner chair to just enjoy the meteor shower.

I have missed meteor shower far too many times, so hoping to see it live is my first priority.

Anyone who wish to use or explore my Nikon D750, tripod and remote I'm happy to carry along.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

like you @Gaurav I was coming to enjoy the show vs shoot, but now @samamara has kindly offered to help with some MIlkyway shots - i may arrive a little earlier and try that out ... hopefully finish by the time the convoy arrives for the shower and then sit back (not able to recline as not yet at the 'posh' level of glamping to have a reclining camping chair) and enjoy the show. 

If you want to shoot the milkyway we can do a slightly earlier arrival and play around a bit. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use