•  

The Ultimate Compressor Review 2021

Frederic

@Niki I did consider making MM as the onboard setup but was informed by the dealer that the 5 years warranty will be revoked if I do that. They will honour the warranty period as long as it remain a portable unit. 

I will think about it since MM should be able to re-sell easily, as you said, due to the long warranty period. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, topgear said:

@Niki I did consider making MM as the onboard setup but was informed by the dealer that the 5 years warranty will be revoked if I do that. They will honour the warranty period as long as it remain a portable unit. 

I will think about it since MM should be able to re-sell easily, as you said, due to the long warranty period. 

That's very strange to hear.

Have you checked the reasoning why they would revoke the warranty if its staying inside the car than under the hot sun? Staying in AC should be more compressor friendly to prolong its usable life.....!

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@Gaurav They told me that is the "company's policy because the wire needs to be cut for it to be mounted onboard" , which is the nuclear bomb of most arguments so I just let it be.  I agree that a mounted unit should last longer due to the environment and you can't lend it to your friends or neighbours or colleagues. 

6 hours ago, Gaurav said:

That's very strange to hear.

Have you checked the reasoning why they would revoke the warranty if its staying inside the car than under the hot sun? Staying in AC should be more compressor friendly to prolong its usable life.....!

when hard wiring the compressor most people might ignore or overlook the capacity of the wire used for the extension. if underrated wire is used it will easily fry the compressor. 

i hard wired my chinese dual compressor using industrial grade 15mm welding wires. still running strong for more than 1.5 years now. 

• Like (+1) 2

• Gaurav pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Bought "Wolfbox" brand off Bezos' online shop because it had good reviews ;-D. (I was not finding time to do proper research or visit Dragonmart). Using for the first time, it got fried while inflating wheel number 4. Waiting for Amazon guy to collect it since it has return option. Avoid at all costs. 

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 2

😁I went on a shopping spree @ Dragon-mart  before joining the drive today. Suction mount Flag, Baofeng UV5R and Golden Camel 2cyl compressor. Compressor @ 240 dhs is so far so good. 1 min took psi from approx 13 to 40. Filled 4 tyres without sweat. 

• Well Done (+2) 1

• 2 months later...

I went to Dragon Mart (BA section) last week. Every shop was quoting AED 320 for the Golden Camel twin cylinder. I got one for 280 but my haggling skills are terrible so I am sure it is possible to pay less.

After 2 drives I am very pleased with it. It fills each tyre from 15 to 35 psi in less than a minute. The gauge doesn’t seem too accurate though so I check with a decent gauge afterwards.

I can’t be 100% sure it is a genuine golden camel but the logo is on the box (not a sticker) and the carrying case, and it hasn’t burst into flames yet.

In the same area of DM I bought a shovel (AED 30) safety gloves (AED 5) and a flag with suction cup attachment (AED 75 - to my surprise this has lasted 2 drives so far. The flag slipped off the pole after about 30 seconds of the first drive but some superglue sorted it out).

I bought recommended Baofeng UV-5R also from DM but online for AED 105 + 20 for delivery to Abu Dhabi. It arrived less than 24 hours after ordering.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

5 hours ago, Andrew McCarthy said:

I went to Dragon Mart (BA section) last week. Every shop was quoting AED 320 for the Golden Camel twin cylinder. I got one for 280 but my haggling skills are terrible so I am sure it is possible to pay less.

After 2 drives I am very pleased with it. It fills each tyre from 15 to 35 psi in less than a minute. The gauge doesn’t seem too accurate though so I check with a decent gauge afterwards.

I can’t be 100% sure it is a genuine golden camel but the logo is on the box (not a sticker) and the carrying case, and it hasn’t burst into flames yet.

In the same area of DM I bought a shovel (AED 30) safety gloves (AED 5) and a flag with suction cup attachment (AED 75 - to my surprise this has lasted 2 drives so far. The flag slipped off the pole after about 30 seconds of the first drive but some superglue sorted it out).

I bought recommended Baofeng UV-5R also from DM but online for AED 105 + 20 for delivery to Abu Dhabi. It arrived less than 24 hours after ordering.

Aaah the good old Dragon Mart run. 280 is a good price. I’m also a horrible negotiator.

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

7 hours ago, Andrew McCarthy said:

Dragon mart is a very racist place, vendors price you base on your skin color/ethnicity by look. Go with a Chinese/South Asian for better pricing. 🙃One of the best battle field for negotiation master class in UAE

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use