•  

The Ultimate Compressor Review 2021

Frederic

2 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Try using 2 pipelines to inflate 2 tires each. I believe I have seen 2 out going pipelines from this compressor to inflate so that you take advantage of the 4 cylinders all at once rather than using it as a double cylinder compressor by using only a single pipe line. 

I have only one inlet to the 4 hose system am afraid. I will look at options.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Try using 2 pipelines to inflate 2 tires each. I believe I have seen 2 out going pipelines from this compressor to inflate so that you take advantage of the 4 cylinders all at once rather than using it as a double cylinder compressor by using only a single pipe line. 

or put a T joint and take force of all 4 cylinders to inflate 1 tyre in 30 sec. 😎 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Karthik Raptor said:

I had the same issue when I ran a direct connection from the battery to the compressor. Had to get a heavy duty single core wire (repurposed a new heavy duty jump start cable) along with AC power switch.

I have used the compressor for more than 10 times now, inflates 4 tyres in one go under 10 mins using the single pipeline. So far so good!

Be careful with the so called heavy duty jump start cable. They look incredibly thick, until you cut them and realize inside there is only like 2,5sqmm copper cable. The reason is because jump start cable is not designed to take a constant load, so they undersize the copper, but put so much plastic insulation around it so it looks like a 16sqm cable :) 

Better get specialized electrical single core cable of 16sqmm for this job.

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

3 minutes ago, Frederic said:

You can get these wires at a building material shop which is used for DB dressing. Insist on Ducab or RR Kabeel brand. The wires are flexible if used for DB dressing rather than buying for general purpose. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Be careful with the so called heavy duty jump start cable. They look incredibly thick, until you cut them and realize inside there is only like 2,5sqmm copper cable. The reason is because jump start cable is not designed to take a constant load, so they undersize the copper, but put so much plastic insulation around it so it looks like a 16sqm cable :) 

totally agree, to be on safe side i used 15mm welding cable.  You can buy it from most of hardware shop,  also if you are planing to install the compressor inside car try to route the cable through under carrage of the car instead of inside car under the floormats, 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

48 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Please share the name of the shop for the compressor on my whatsapp 0552690503. My existing single cylinder Camel bid me farewell after inflating 3 tires during last drive. No complaints though and has regards for its service for 1 year and 3 months. Has done inflation for 95 drives which roughly translates to 2.25 AED cost per drive as it cost me 230 AED back then. The compressor I bought for 60 AED from Amazon told me to get lost after my initial 3 drives. I was too in experienced to differentiate between a good compressor and a bad one those days. Now its time to buy my 3rd one. 

Hello @Thomas VargheseI shall share the details by EOD on your whatsapp. 

Also, I have used this compressor for 2 drives and works fine until now (fingers crossed)

After yesterday's drive, it stopped inflating after 2 tires and was making a weird noise. I thought its fried but then the hose wasn't straight and was bent at a few places. straightened it and it inflated fine :)

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks @Frederic, @Thomas Varghese, @Rizwanm2 👍.

Regarding wiring, yes it goes under the body and the compressor is at the back of my truck with custom made weatherproof cover 😅.  Nothing fancy but does the job!

• Well Done (+2) 2

22 minutes ago, Krishna R said:

Hello @Thomas VargheseI shall share the details by EOD on your whatsapp. 

Also, I have used this compressor for 2 drives and works fine until now (fingers crossed)

After yesterday's drive, it stopped inflating after 2 tires and was making a weird noise. I thought its fried but then the hose wasn't straight and was bent at a few places. straightened it and it inflated fine :)

The weird noice was informing you that the compressor is getting overheated because of flow disorder due to blocked hoses. A little more time the overheat protection system would have kicked in and shut off your compressor to your horror. You would have had to wait till sometime for the motor to cool down so that it can resume normal operations. 

• Sad (0) 1

18 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

The weird noice was informing you that the compressor is getting overheated because of flow disorder due to blocked hoses. A little more time the overheat protection system would have kicked in and shut off your compressor to your horror. You would have had to wait till sometime for the motor to cool down so that it can resume normal operations. 

I am always late to notice these things :) also I think, this compressor doesnt have an overheat protection system. It would just struggle for a bit and die out for good. 

I remember the time when i drove 25 kms with my parking brake on at 120 kmph and wondering why my car is shaking at high speeds and smoke coming out of my rear tires. Stopped at a petrol pump and the autopro guy laughed at me and showed me the engaged parking brake. 

Edited by Krishna R
  • Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use