•  

The Ultimate Compressor Review 2021

Frederic

10 hours ago, Zixuan Huang - Charlie said:

Dragon mart is a very racist place, vendors price you base on your skin color/ethnicity by look. Go with a Chinese/South Asian for better pricing. 🙃One of the best battle field for negotiation master class in UAE

Yes a good training ground for the lesser souls like me who are miserable in haggling. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

11 hours ago, Zixuan Huang - Charlie said:

Dragon mart is a very racist place, vendors price you base on your skin color/ethnicity by look. Go with a Chinese/South Asian for better pricing. 🙃One of the best battle field for negotiation master class in UAE

The reality of the entire world !!

• Sad (0) 1

I was there last night, went to 5 different shops not a single one budged on the price. Finally lifted a 4 cylinder one for 600 AED. I was told that for few items they all have a mutual agreement to sell at a certain price.

Edited by Karthik Raptor

15 minutes ago, Karthik Raptor said:

I was there last night, went to 5 different shops not a single one budged on the price. Finally lifted a 4 cylinder one for 600 AED. I was told that for few items they all have a mutual agreement to sell at a certain price.

Do you mean a 4 cyl compressor? 

1 hour ago, topgear said:

Do you mean a 4 cyl compressor? 

@Shaaz Sha has that one 

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 hour ago, Karthik Raptor said:

3693882A-838E-451F-A7D5-DC20300C7D49.jpeg

I have beening reading some reviews on the 4 cylinder ones for a while, it appears to me that most of the consumers are happy with its performance after 1 year, more reliable than the 2 cylinder camel one.

BTW its sold cheaper in UAE than China's online retail website.....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

Went to DM last eve and bought the Golden camel double cylinder (the red one) for 265 aed. 

Tried 10 different shops. no one wanted to budge from 280 aed. Some of them had no hoses, no carry bags etc. 

Finally found a bangladeshi guy who let it go for 265 aed and gave me a new box. It comes with the compressor, long hose with a pressure monitor and a carry bag. Bag seems cheap and would tear apart in 2 weeks. 

No warranty offered whatsoever, but i got it checked with a small battery at the shop. Fingers crossed. Shop guy bluntly said it will work for 1 week or 1 year or 10 years depending on my luck. He even muttered a small prayer for the compressor to work :)

Also bought Crony MT777 for 115 aed and a flag mount with suction cup for 85 aed.

Can share the shop names and details if required.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Krishna R said:

Hey Guys,

Went to DM last eve and bought the Golden camel double cylinder (the red one) for 265 aed. 

Tried 10 different shops. no one wanted to budge from 280 aed. Some of them had no hoses, no carry bags etc. 

Finally found a bangladeshi guy who let it go for 265 aed and gave me a new box. It comes with the compressor, long hose with a pressure monitor and a carry bag. Bag seems cheap and would tear apart in 2 weeks. 

No warranty offered whatsoever, but i got it checked with a small battery at the shop. Fingers crossed. Shop guy bluntly said it will work for 1 week or 1 year or 10 years depending on my luck. He even muttered a small prayer for the compressor to work :)

Also bought Crony MT777 for 115 aed and a flag mount with suction cup for 85 aed.

Can share the shop names and details if required.

He is totally right about the 1 week or 1 year. We have a big single piston Camel Compressor that's been going strong for 3+ years and just refuses to die. Best 180AED spent ever :) 

I later bought another one (exact same) and that one overheats after 2 tyres and makes a lot of noise.

When manufacturing a compressor, it's all about the exact clearance between the cylinder and cylinderhead. If there is too much clearance it will not build up pressure, if there is not enough clearance it will run too hot. That is the main reason why you just need to be lucky with these compressors because their quality control and variances are horrible.

115AED for the MT777 is a good price. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

3 minutes ago, Frederic said:

He is totally right about the 1 week or 1 year. We have a big single piston Camel Compressor that's been going strong for 3+ years and just refuses to die. Best 180AED spent ever :) 

I later bought another one (exact same) and that one overheats after 2 tyres and makes a lot of noise.

When manufacturing a compressor, it's all about the exact clearance between the cylinder and cylinderhead. If there is too much clearance it will not build up pressure, if there is not enough clearance it will run too hot. That is the main reason why you just need to be lucky with these compressors because their quality control and variances are horrible.

115AED for the MT777 is a good price. 

BTW the Baofeng (with screen) is available for 95 aed but the shop guy said the crony is better than the baofeng in terms of signal distance so i went with the crony even though the baofeng looked really cool :) 

about the compressor, I just pray that the quality guys were in a good mood while manufacturing my compressor. 

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use