•  

The Ultimate Compressor Review 2021

Frederic

Thank you Fred, this is a very informative article about compressors, I have spent a week and got pretty much the same information on certain points.

4 hours ago, Frederic said:

What to look after when buying a compressor ?

Addition: Working pressure - This is should be understood as the efficiency of the air pumping into tire.

Below is my observation to validate:

single cylinder, air flow volume 150L/min, max working pressure 150 PSI, 3mins+ to fill up factory sized tire

twin cylinder, air flow volume 300L/min, max working pressure 150 PSI, 1.5mins+ to fill up factory sized tire

The problem nowadays is that you have even "fake" Golden Camel compressors,

A shop clerk in DM told me if the golden camel logo is a sticker on the box, it is the "fake" ones

Vitaly is a brand that basically re-labels these Chinese compressors and sells them at a higher price in hardware stores like ACE and Speedex. Again they are a bit of a gamble and the only advantage you will have is you will get at least 1year warranty through these stores.

Brands/ Models  to avoid:
-The smaller "Golden Camel" Compressor. Absolutely worthless. Also sold under the "X-Cessories" brand name.

I went to those shops myself and found out the same🤣, even a pc X-cessories with melted hose in display.

Vitaly ones come with 1 year warranty I guess is because they know too well that the golden camels roughly stop working after a year. Basically you are spending 100 AED more for the warranty.

So I decided to try my luck and got a golden camel single cylinder, thinking that single cylinder should produce less heat than the twin cylinder one while the working pressure remains the same, only the air flow volume is halved, im ok with it taking 3+mins to fill up each tire while chitchating post drive

Edited by Zixuan Huang - Charlie
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

The Golden Camel single cylinder is the one I purchased when started off-roading and later gave it to Vanessa. She’s still using it every week and never broke down. (Fingers crossed). I’m a bit handy so whenever something breaks I’ll tear it apart and make one good compressor out of 3 bad ones 😅

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 5

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

9 hours ago, Frederic said:

image.png.dfa27b10d9dedff2f6887a97734038c4.png

Tried this and almost tried below one...both are garbage....threw it after a month...surely don't have patience for these plus hose and electrical are crappy

9 hours ago, Frederic said:

image.png.a6f060338f9ed9a17ad2f8d75ea47f28.png.

A good thread for anyone joining in new and looking for compressor wish had this insight when I spent 70-80 aed on these...😃😃

• Like (+1) 2

I have a 70mai air Compressor along with my onboard ARB one for when I have to top up air because I deflated more or to level the tires after a drive. This one goes into the cigarette lighter and auto inflated to the set pressure. It also shows pressure in .1 increments. 

I have OCD that all my tires have to have the same pressure on my car center console screen, else I pull my hair out or have sleeplessness. 🤣

• Haha (+1) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

@Enrico Biscaro :

• Mean Mother - google search mean mother compressor dubai, the first non-Ad result is the UAE dealer (where i purchased from) 
  • ARB - have a branch in International City and trade via every offroad shop or ACE in the UAE.  
  • The Dobinsons Compressor which has a tiny tank (approx 900-1kaed) and they are available direct from Dobinsons, Amazon or a google search lists (second result) a supplier. 

I have switched to the ARB portable twin with a tank and couldn't be happier.... if you have the budget just jump straight to that setup vs taking my route which had me holding 3 compressors at one stage prior to the current setup! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

19 hours ago, Looper said:

I have a 70mai air Compressor along with my onboard ARB one for when I have to top up air because I deflated more or to level the tires after a drive. This one goes into the cigarette lighter and auto inflated to the set pressure. It also shows pressure in .1 increments. 

I have OCD that all my tires have to have the same pressure on my car center console screen, else I pull my hair out or have sleeplessness. 🤣

@Looper i also have a mi one along with mean mother for precisely the same reason 😁

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, topgear said:

@Niki

Like you, I also have a MM compressor, purchased 2-3 month  ago. I am considering an onboard set up now. Did you manage to sell off your MM compressor with your recent conversion?

Hey @topgear I did … it’s a great option for many as has a long warranty.  I now run the ARB dual with tank (portable one) and have the built in compressor as the back up unit.   Maybe offer it up on a new thread and for future absolute newbies who don’t yet have one.  I sold mine privately but was going to post on here.  

another option is to make the mean mother an onboard setup… I had fabricated 2 cages in the trunk so didn’t have the space to mount it .. I was told it is very easy to mount and could give you an option.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

• Gaurav pinned this topic

Important Information

Terms of use