•  

COVID19 Compliant - Absolute Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 6 Aug 2021

Ale Vallecchi

11 minutes ago, Ferl Brown said:

Yes, I do have a radio. I picked up a suction cup flag and a UHF radio from Dragon mart yesterday. 

1 hour ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Thank you @mkhatry. Also, do you have a radio? See you tomorrow. 

Hello @Ferl Brown. You will find the meeting point in the post's details. Can I ask if you have a radio? Thanks

Thanks @Nibu Venu. Will you have a radio with you? Thanks

Yes

• Thanks (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear soon to be Desertnauts.

@Ferl Brown, @Mahmoud ALhamed, @Nibu Venu, @kiranshinde and @mkhatry, Welcome to Carnity!

As you are aware of, this is a drive strictly for who has never been off road with Carnity. In preparation for it, it is important that you inform us if:

• you have any prior off-road experience;
  • your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets.

Before joining the drive on Friday morning, you will need to have viewed the introductory videos (links above). Please also make sure you are equipped with a tire deflator and a tire pressure gauge (sometimes they are all in one tool). You will need these. If you have an off-road flag as well that would he great. In case you do not have a flag mount on your car, you may look for a flag with suction cups, which can be easily placed on one of the rear windows. Even if the drive should end near a gas station, where they have an air compressor, if you have your own please bring it along, as it may be quicker than waiting in line. So, to recap, useful tools to carry would be:

• tire deflator (must)
  • tire pressure gauge (must)
  • off-road flag
  • air compressor

All these items should be available at any ACE or Speedex store, as well as at Dragon Mart. 

Regarding the area of the drive, we will access the desert from a less used entry point, along the road going from Qudra Parking (where you can use the ADNOC gas station to fill up your tank), toward the Bab al Shams Resort. Follow carefully the Google Maps directions: once you turn off the tarmac road (after circling a roundabout next to a mosque), you will cross through the bike track, and an opening between roadworks being done along the bike track.

Once arrived at the meeting point, we'll conduct a final inspection of your cars (sufficient clearance and accessible tow points are a must, without which you'll be turned back). Following a detailed technical briefing, we'll be ready to enter the dunes, and start your off-roading adventure. This area is rarely used by other clubs, and the sand is much cleaner ad smoother, so this is an ideal ground to move your first steps in the desert.

Any new member who's planning to join this introductory drive, please contact me on this thread for any preparatory question. In the meantime have a great rest of the week.

Hi I got the deflator, compressor. Hopefully will get flag today. I can see tow hook back of my patrol. Need to know more about vehicle during this drive. 

1 minute ago, kiranshinde said:

Hi I got the deflator, compressor. Hopefully will get flag today. I can see tow hook back of my patrol. Need to know more about vehicle during this drive. 

Thanks @kiranshinde. Please also inform if you have a radio. 

Just now, Ale Vallecchi said:

Thanks @kiranshinde. Please also inform if you have a radio. 

Hi ale, 

No i am not having radio. I got information that i need it from second drive. Hence not gone for it. Need some more info during tomorrows drive. 

Forgot to mention, this is my first time in desert for driving. Looking forward to it. Thanks. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Thank you @mkhatry. Also, do you have a radio? See you tomorrow. 

Hello @Ferl Brown. You will find the meeting point in the post's details. Can I ask if you have a radio? Thanks

Thanks @Nibu Venu. Will you have a radio with you? Thanks

Yes, I do have a radio and flag

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Usman Basit said:

@Ale Vallecchi unfortunately i dont have a radio for tomorrow's drive 

@Usman Basitnon worries, we'll provide one for tomorrow. Thanks

@Bernard Kalaani, @Usman Basit, @Mahmoud ALhamed, it's 5:30AM. We have moved to this point for the briefing:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/32GFh82qjioedqZn9

Please reach here before 6AM (follow Google Maps' directions, a couple of Ks from here), if you are on the way. Thanks 

Important Information

Terms of use