•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Plus Marathon #2 - Dubai - 6 Aug 2021

Wrangeld

I was going to start this message with a time travel joke, but you guys did not like it, so instead, the convoy numbering for tomorrow.

image.png.763c972247d93a367a9b832b2222c547.png

Apologies to the waitlisted - I felt we could not let one driver in without letting all three and then we would have had a monster convoy. 

Those still on the list. I like telling dad jokes - sometimes he even laughs. 

See you in the morning and remember, the early bird catches the worm ... maybe I will sleep in until the pancakes arrive.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 3

We came, we drove, we told jokes and oh! how we laughed. 

Thank you, thank you guys. A Fewbie Plus with a few added plusses. Pitched at the right level, fluid, challenging in all the right places and with a fantastic team ethic throughout. 

I hope you all enjoyed it as much as me. 

Highlights?

• Repairing my petrol tank cover [seems some people did not hear the radio messages - sorry]
  • Condescending
  • The convoy tackling everything we approached with aplomb
  • Did I mention the good humour? 

Soft sand was everywhere, and in lots of unexpected places (thanks @Niki & @Gaurav Soni)

And in the end, we completed two full four hour drives in the 4 hours we were on the move and taking into account that we have been through some really complex dune formations every driver can be immensely proud of themselves [both for the drive and the patience showed when people did get stuck].

Thanks @Watteau and @Niki for sorting out all the refusals and sticks - great job. 

It was truly a pleasure. 

See you soon in the sand

• Like (+1) 7
  • Well Done (+2) 2

I haven’t laughed this much in a drive, or for that matter, in my 10years in Dubai… !  For the guy ( @Wrangeld) who came up with the idea of themes for a drive, I salute you! 🙌🏽 …… on the other hand, to the guy who invented zero, thanks for nothing. 

thanks everyone for such a memorable morning … 

Edited by Niki
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 4

Thanks @Wrangeld for a fantastic drive this week, the jokes came along nearly as fast as the momentum we maintained through the Dunes. 

My first FB+ and was very enjoyable. Thanks to all those on the drive and to those who supported throughout

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use