•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Plus Marathon #2 - Dubai - 6 Aug 2021

Wrangeld

12 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

Marathon Runners

Here's the plan. We are moving our start point to Lehbab. From there our route should take us to Lisaili, Murquab and form there into the Solar Park complex and eventually in the direction of Last Exit. At the end of the day, we will see how far we get and what the differing terrain has to offer. 

It simply proved impossible, with Adu Dhabi closed, to find a reasonable way through that did not involve kilometers on tarmac making a detour. 

I will add the start point coordinates to the drive post later in the day.

It is going to be very varied terrain. There will be some sections that are realtively high in vegetation but not as bad as on the last drive [famous last words], there will be some technical dunes that will challenge the agility of the trucks in the convoy and there will be some opportunities for climbs and slip face descents as we make our way through some narrow corridors avoiding high pressure gas lines, palaces and deadly dunes that could trap us to longer than anyone wants to be out in the sand on a hot Summer's day. 

At the end of the day, however,we all go out to these drives to have a good time, so please bring with you your good humour and your best dad jokes as that's going to be the theme of the drive. 

All being well, we will reach Last Exit with big smiles on our faces and not just because we have had a great drive. 

See you soon in the sand. 

Hi@Wrangeld, sounds too exiting to miss - any chance of increasing the number marathon runners in the convoy?

• Like (+1) 3

@Alain Canivet-Abikhalil @Ranjan Das @Darren Brooke - I understand that you are on the waitlist for the drive [and probably more anxious than ever to be included] after all, as my dad used to say 'that car's nice but the muffler seems exhausted'. 

If we have dropouts, I will let you know. 

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

@Alain Canivet-Abikhalil @Ranjan Das @Darren Brooke - I understand that you are on the waitlist for the drive [and probably more anxious than ever to be included] after all, as my dad used to say 'that car's nice but the muffler seems exhausted'. 

If we have dropouts, I will let you know. 

That's a Fuel of thumb 

• Haha (+1) 2

As I sit here this morning feeling a bit of an astronaut I realize that my favorite part of a computer is the space bar.

Anyhow, enough of my musings. It's early Wednesday morning. 

If you're signed in to the drive, there are 3 people in the waitlist desperate for your space if there is any chance you are not turning up. That includes anyone thinking there is a doubt you'll be able to come or those of you with niggling technical issues in the car. 

This is, unusually, a drive where I do not plan to extend the convoy length because each additional vehicle adds to the likely stops and delays. So, please, sign out early if you are a doubt - you'll make zero friends by not turning up in the morning unannounced. 

Anyhow, rest of my day will be spent at on a Maths Vacation at Times Square

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use