•  

COVID19 Compliant - Saturday Morning Fewbie Plus - SkyDubai - Dubai - 7 Aug 2021

Islam Soliman

Dear @Hisham Masaad @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil 

Pre-drive details below:

1- It is already hot and we want to have an early start hoping to cover majority of the track by 8:30am before heading to the exit to inflate by 9:00am before we get roasted.

2- This requires prompt presence at the meeting point by 4:30am and be ready to move max by 5:00am (deflated, flag erected, 4H on, radio on and set, airbags/traction/abs all set....) 

3- Please ensure your radio is on, fully charged, and set to the right frequency: channel 1 (446,006.25) upon arrival to do a quick radio check

4. when you arrive, pls try to take your position (if possible) based on the below convoy order

5- briefing will be done on the radio as we start moving

6- please ensure you come with a full tank (as much as possible) in addition to all necessary gear for this drive level

Meeting Point: By Dubai SkyDive Parking (take the underpass to cross the other side of Alain Road then go right till the end of the road, then left before you enter the parking area, another left you should find the convoy ahead of you) https://goo.gl/maps/S4PT8a8WYg8ENs1d6

See you all on the sand 😎

Convoy order:

image.png.4b66fcafda3bdf7b5e01f348056f141a.png

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Great drive today @Islam Soliman with good work from @Chinthaka Ruwan @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil and @Hisham Masaad 

Special thanks to Islam who insisted on waiting with me until recovery truck arrived and also driving me to the garage. It was unnecessary but well received. 

With my brake pipe sheared off sadly there was no choice but to exit.

Thanks all

• Like (+1) 4

Thanks @Islam Soliman for the wonderful drive today. This area is totally new for me and it was a great experience. Sand is super soft and challenging terrain but we all maintained a nice phase.  Thanks @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil and @Hisham Masaad for the support.  @Matt.T hope your beautiful wrangler will be back on sand very soon.   

Thanks all. See you all soon. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Islam Soliman for the drive. The terrain was challenging due to the soft sand but it was a good occasion to handle our cars in these technical conditions. Also liked to wander in this area - not commonly visited - and enjoyed the long dunes with the sun rising.

It was a smooth convoy all along thanks to the support of @Hisham Masaad and @Chinthaka Ruwan and every body's positive energy !

@Matt.T hope your car will be fixed soon and have a safe trip.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks @Islam Soliman for a great drive on Saturday morning. Really enjoyed going out into a new area for myself and testing myself on some challenging dunes. 

Great momentum throughout and lots of fun, thanks to @Hisham Masaad @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil and @Chinthaka Ruwan for the gret work in the support roles and good luck @Matt.T getting the jeep back on the road

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use