•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Bab Al Shams - Dubai - 6 Aug 2021

Islam Soliman

Beautiful drive today @Islam Soliman, I enjoyed sailing on the soft sands that we encountered today, it gave more knowledge on how to handle my car in such terrain. Thank you @Jeepie for your support.

I added some videos I shot during the drive @TT_Dubai @JamesThorn @Jeepie

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hi everyone - really enjoyable drive today at Bab Al Shams area. It was a night, dawn and sunrise drive all in one! I thought it was an area where Absolute Newbies can get a taste of desert driving but there was certainly a fair mix of side sloping, ridge riding and cris crossing for all of us to practice. Very interesting to observe as we had a majority of LWB cars today. Good to bump into another Carnity AN group led by @Ale Vallecchi too!  

Thank you @Islam Soliman for a very detailed briefing, supportive approach, an on time start (and on time finish too!). The explanations on why a particular stuck occurred was particularly helpful as we develop our offroad journey/hobby. 

@Hardik Mody hope your X is fine and some tips on the forum to keep the X running cooler will get you back on the sand asap. 

Thanks also to @Zixuan Huang - Charlie for a solid second lead and @Jeepie for keeping the pack together and taking some great snaps!

@Tareck great video and photos my friend! Thanks!

Edited by TT_Dubai
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Islam SolimanIt was a little bit tough drive as my first fewbie drive,my hands are sweaty all the time. but i guess i finally found the right feeling of the throttle control. Thank you for the great lead. 

@TT_Dubai @Jeepie @TareckThanks for the photos, i was knew i can get some beautiful photos everytime when drive with you.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

13 minutes ago, Daniel Yang said:

@Islam SolimanIt was a little bit tough drive as my first fewbie drive,my hands are sweaty all the time. but i guess i finally found the right feeling of the throttle control. Thank you for the great lead. 

@TT_Dubai @Jeepie @TareckThanks for the photos, i was knew i can get some beautiful photos everytime when drive with you.

@Daniel Yang i was driving behind you today, and it was joyfull seeing another Patrol Y62 in action, see how the car navigates through the sand. I must say you were driving great for a first fewbie drive. See you next time.

• Like (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, Tareck said:

@Daniel Yang i was driving behind you today, and it was joyfull seeing another Patrol Y62 in action, see how the car navigates through the sand. I must say you were driving great for a first fewbie drive. See you next time.

@Tareck It was great to meet another hardcore Y62 driver. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

• Like (+1) 4

It's another enjoyable drive with lots of long side sloping and sharp climbs, I have done nothing but flooring gas on 1st gear, and watching @Islam Soliman 's full size Yukon's performance, A lot learnt and still tons to be learnt on LWB car driving on sand, thank you so much @Islam Soliman. (My Pathfinder R51's WB is 2850mm, same as LC 200, and only 100mm less than the full size Yukon)

I hope everyone else has enjoyed the power of their machines as I have. Preciously, more than half of our convoy were the brutal V8s :D

Sad to see @Hardik Modyexiting early but wishing to see you on sand soon, and appreciate if you can share the reason why your coolant temp was spiking up to 120+C. Pathfinder/Xteera might have overheating issue but your case was definitely not one.

Thank you @Jeepie so much for supporting the drive, and managing several refusals and stucks!

Good to see you again @TT_Dubai after nearly 2 months, hoping for more chances driving alongside with you, 

Untill next time!

PS:this is my first night drive experience 😁

Edited by Zixuan Huang - Charlie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Important Information

Terms of use