•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Fossil Rock to Big Red Express - Sharjah - 7 Aug 2021

1 hour ago, Mario Cornejo said:

Hi @Lorenzo Candelpergher I regret to inform I won't be able to attend the drive.  It was a route I was looking forward to explore.

I've removed myself from the RSVP list so the next in WL can confirm.

Have a great and safe drive everyone.

Kindest regards.

Oh, no! Sorry to hear that. We will certainly repeat the route soon.

@Francois Germishuys, you are next in line, I've added you to the drive.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mario Cornejo said:

Hi @Lorenzo Candelpergher I regret to inform I won't be able to attend the drive.  It was a route I was looking forward to explore.

I've removed myself from the RSVP list so the next in WL can confirm.

Have a great and safe drive everyone.

Kindest regards.

Sad stuff 😟 I always love seeing the mighty VTC in the desert gliding on all the dunes.

• Like (+1) 4

Hi @Lorenzo Candelpergher Good evening 

As per previous drive i felt that my car has some tire issue even keeping 13 psi (less than 13 psi it gets pop-out) its not enough for an intermediate drive and in result most of the time it forced me to take a turn and rejoin the convoy with new route. This turning and rejoining breaks the full convoy's movement and lost track. Currently I am using Bridgestone H/T size 265/60/R18.

Please advise as i am confuse to join tomorrow's drive, if these tires again make an issue then everyone will be effected at the back which I don't want too. Shall I join tomorrow OR should I change and then join in next week "if yes" which tires/brand would you recommend ? 

Please.... will be happy to hear some feed back from Pajero owners also before making final selection of tire depending on brand/model and cost.    

Regards...  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad (0) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

2 hours ago, Danish Mohammad said:

Hi @Lorenzo Candelpergher Good evening 

As per previous drive i felt that my car has some tire issue even keeping 13 psi (less than 13 psi it gets pop-out) its not enough for an intermediate drive and in result most of the time it forced me to take a turn and rejoin the convoy with new route. This turning and rejoining breaks the full convoy's movement and lost track. Currently I am using Bridgestone H/T size 265/60/R18.

Please advise as i am confuse to join tomorrow's drive, if these tires again make an issue then everyone will be effected at the back which I don't want too. Shall I join tomorrow OR should I change and then join in next week "if yes" which tires/brand would you recommend ? 

Please.... will be happy to hear some feed back from Pajero owners also before making final selection of tire depending on brand/model and cost.    

Regards...  

I would suggest you give it a try in tomorrow's drive setting the tire at a slightly higher PSI and reduce later if you feel it's required. You need to control your throttle while making sharp turns and allow your vehicle move along the terrain. I feel control on gas while turning is the key to success over pop-outs. @Frederic please put some light on the above concern, as I feel changing tire not the right solution (Though it may help with slightly better traction).

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Dear Desert Wanderers, 

this RSVP is now closed.

Please find below the convoy order for our drive:

image.png.35fd5cb000bc1d79a1a9a308610fb668.png

@Abdul Rahman AK, @Danish Mohammad, @Ranjan Das, @Lakshmi Narasimhan, @M.Seidam, @Ashok chaturvedi, @varunmehndiratta, @Shehab Alawadhi, @Dodi Syahdar, @Abu Muhammad, @Francois Germishuysthis drive is going to be very demanding from a technical point of view, both mentally for the drivers and mechanically for the cars, given the extreme heat of these days and the long distance we are supposed to cover in a variety of terrains. It will require your full and undivided concentration at every step, especially when we will reach elevated positions on steep slopes, so make sure you come well rested and hydrated and that and you don’t have any reason for being distracted. Also, please consider carefully if you wish to bring passengers along with you.

We will be using Carnity Channel 4 (446.08125Mhz).

The meeting point is confirmed at Mahafiz Tree Shade: https://goo.gl/maps/Tj9WXKFDYB43KpWZ9  

See you tomorrow morning, ready to go (i.e. already caffeinated, deflated, flagged and briefed) by no later 5:30am (sharp), so make sure you make it to the meeting point at least by 5:15am.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use