•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Fossil Rock to Big Red Express - Sharjah - 7 Aug 2021

33 minutes ago, Danish Mohammad said:

Dear  @Abdul Rahman AK @Srikumar @Lorenzo Candelpergher @Frederic @Islam Soliman @M.Seidam thank you so much for your feedback.

I am so proud and feel safe to be with Carnity where such a caring members are with me. All your feedback's are noted....  sure I will try to work on my week points and improve myself.

Stay safe, (Insha'Allah will see you tomorrow) Good Night 

Great to see all support..just to add @Danish Mohammad surely A/T vis-a-vis H/T will be better and going down to 17 from 18 will make it even better..however my personal experience over last 6-7 months has proven repeatedly that these machines in as is form have a lot to offer..much beyond we are using them at our present level. Me and @Lorenzo Candelpergher both drive JLU, while going down to 11/10 psi makes me cautious he regularly drives at 9/10 psi, perhaps even lower at times I wonder... And does it with elan (surely Rubicon at 17 has adv but it's more to.do with driving skills than anything). So don't get bogged down with refusals and tech issues from vehicle, learn from each drive ... We have many here who handle Pajeros, grand Cherokees and even Montero's at much tougher terrains and in much smoother way. . so let the learning as a driver continue and be the focus. 

See you tomo...and let's ensure we make our next refusal better than the last one..😃😃

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Danish Mohammad said:

Hi @Lorenzo Candelpergher Good evening 

As per previous drive i felt that my car has some tire issue even keeping 13 psi (less than 13 psi it gets pop-out) its not enough for an intermediate drive and in result most of the time it forced me to take a turn and rejoin the convoy with new route. This turning and rejoining breaks the full convoy's movement and lost track. Currently I am using Bridgestone H/T size 265/60/R18.

Please advise as i am confuse to join tomorrow's drive, if these tires again make an issue then everyone will be effected at the back which I don't want too. Shall I join tomorrow OR should I change and then join in next week "if yes" which tires/brand would you recommend ? 

Please.... will be happy to hear some feed back from Pajero owners also before making final selection of tire depending on brand/model and cost.    

Regards...  

@Danish Mohammad even after refusals you were able to do all maneuver second time, which means you and your car both are capable. 3.8 SWB has lot more power and better power to weight ratio than my LWB. Definitely change of tyre should boost your confidence and performance, but if you are opting for higher tyre profile make sure its not touching the fenders, if so you have to cut your bumpers.

I am wondering why you have to be too concerned while driving with carnity convoy. We all have  both good days and bad days, these all are experiences. If you leave the thought of refusals behind, be relaxed with more concentration and try to push a little more if you see churned up sand or steep incline you will be able to avoid refusals. 

See the amazing support from every one and you should not give up easily, I hope to see you tomorrow as usual and focus only on enjoying the drive!!!!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Fantastic drive by @Lorenzo Candelpergherand good Perfermance by drivers. We enjoyed it and Thank you all so much. My driver’s of the day @Dodi Syahdarand @Francois Germishuys Well done guys.

see you 🔜 on the Sands.

790ADF91-9E01-41BA-A23B-40BF29A08F5B.jpeg

A25455FE-80EB-4E90-AD31-1224E57C00AC.jpeg

FFC7713D-1FDC-4C6C-B73E-0FB8741D2D7F.jpeg

B2A79EB1-4882-4D7B-BFBD-DC30BE37AD38.jpeg

5D661B4E-DE89-47CF-BF79-53CEF8A76518.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Thanks @Lorenzo Candelpergher for the amazing drive. Had everything to keep us always on the edge. Full of fun and enjoyed ridge riding, nice bowls, tall dunes, criss cross and the marathon run along the tarmac. Hope every one enjoyed  the drive except for the hot scotching sun!!!! More pics in the gallery.

F205CCCA-D09B-4CA5-96F9-9E108AE448FA.jpeg

20750587-DCB8-4953-9189-2F94C6B11750.jpeg

9F236E56-5354-4DD6-A523-F38B8100F9FD.jpeg

9D2B079E-1722-4F57-93C2-827D12305015.jpeg

Edited by Lakshmi Narasimhan
Edit
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thanks @Lorenzo Candelpergher for fun drive..lovely terrain and comvoy.

Was my first long awaited visit to Faya dune so a good way to start the day and put a tick to another beautiful location..

Thanks all for the nice morning drive .See you all soon.

• Like (+1) 7

3 hours ago, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

As we started our approach Faya, along a sustained long climb the convoy suddenly split: @Lakshmi Narasimhan had a refusal on a tricky S-shaped climb, which forced @M.Seidam and @Ashok chaturvedi to loop around and hold.

@Lorenzo CandelpergherI had refusal on other 2 spots where you came back to lead me. Since Dr. @M.Seidam had refusal and while reattempting unfortunately convoy behind split and took another track.

3 hours ago, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

@Lakshmi Narasimhan is still occasionally fighting to come to terms with his car

Yes, I had my bad day today. Same like Gaurav soni’s car I also had rich fuel smell from car and slowing down suddenly. As mentioned, I will have to focus more as well.

Thx to Dr @M.Seidam as he already gave me tips!!!

Edited by Lakshmi Narasimhan
Edit
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use