•  

COVID19 Compliant - Mid-week Evening Fewbie Desert Drive - Lighting up Big Red and Pink Rock in a pitch Black Night - Sharjah - 4 Aug 2021

Drive Brief
On Wednesday night only 21% of the waning moon will be visible in the UAE: the amazing colors of Big Red and Pink Rock will be hidden in an almost pitch black night, only to be unvealed by the light beams of our convoy. 

20210607_195314.jpg.a0bde2fdd9952ecf73ccfffec95d19fd.jpg

We will enter the sand from Al Badayer Interchange on Dubai - Hatta Road, making quickly our way to the heights of Big Red, hopefully early enough to contemplate the twilight following the sunset. 

We will then head north with the aim to climb "the other big dune next to Big Red" and from there to indulge in an endless sequence of round ridges and large bowls as we will get closer and closer to Pink Rock. 

We will then approach the rock itself, crossing it twice, first from the south east side and then up, again from the west side. We will enjoy the warm breeze at the top, then turn around the north edge of Pink Rock, to eventually reach our exit point at 2nd December Cafeteria. 

A nice mid-summer desert diversion, away from an ordinary evening on the couch. 

General Infos

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and Above (All Levels)

When:  4 Aug 2021, Saturday.

Meeting time: 7:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Al Badayer Interchange, Dubai-Hatta Road https://maps.app.goo.gl/FXsEjCSTTQh5oCnx9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm, willingness to learn and your own compressor for tire inflation.

Approximate finish time: 10:00 PM

End Point: 2nd December Cafeteria

Limited Spots Available:

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Tuesday - 5 PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT 

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

• Lorenzo Candelpergher changed the title to COVID19 Compliant - Mid-week Evening Fewbie Desert Drive - Lighting up Big Red and Pink Rock in a pitch Black Night - Dubai - 4 Aug 2021

Seems like Fewbie, will confirm soon.

@Rjducos you don't need additional lights, your car high beam is fine to drive. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

24 minutes ago, GauravSoni said:

Hi @Lorenzo Candelpergher thanks for posting this drive! Is this a fewbie drive or intermediate…???

drive details indicate intermediate!

Hi @GauravSoniit is a Fewbie Drive. I fixed the details. Thanks for noticing. 

11 minutes ago, Rjducos said:

Hi @Lorenzo Candelpergher if it is for Fewbies, I would like to join too.

Do I need to have special lights (I only have the stock ones)

@Rjducos, yes it is a Fewbie Drive. The mismatch in the Drive Details has been fixed.

You won't need any special lights for this drive. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Dear Desert Wanderers, 

this RSVP is now closed.

Please find below the convoy order for our drive:

image.png.8b96297fd96b1be8d85c85da15cc546b.png

@Danish Mohammad, @Naveen Raj, @Aisha S, @Gregory, @Lakshmi Narasimhan, @Ehab, @Nithin Vaidir, @Rjducos, @GauravSoni, this drive is going to be a new experience for several participants who will be exploring the desert at night for the first time and more in general it will be more demanding than a daytime Fewbie drive. It will require your full and undivided concentration at every step, so make sure you come well rested and hydrated and that and you don’t have any reason for being distracted.

Also, in order to avoid problems during the drive, please consider having your last meal sufficiently earlier than the drive starting time or plan it after the drive (but in this case pls carry a snack with you) and don't forget to wear closed shoes and long trousers as at night scorpions and snakes may be occasionally around. Should you plan to bring any passengers, these recommendations apply to them as well. 

We will be using Carnity Channel 4 (446.08125Mhz).

The meeting point is confirmed at Al Badayer Interchange, Dubai-Hatta Road - https://maps.app.goo.gl/FXsEjCSTTQh5oCnx9 

See you tomorrow evening, ready to go (i.e. already deflated, flagged and briefed) by no later 7:00pm (sharp), so make sure you make it to the meeting point at least by 6:45pm.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Lorenzo Candelpergher, I am super excited to be on your drive  to take my 50th drive, I thank all the @Carnity management, leads and fellow drivers for carrying me this long and specially my family in allowing/supporting me to take on drive after drive. Looking forward to see you all on sand on my first small milestone.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Hi @Lorenzo Candelpergher I did not receive the notification for this drive and post, I checked my settings and all are ok, anyway I am confirmed and will see you there but would like to inform you that I have a 4 door wrangle and not a 2 door.

Edited by Ehab
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Ehab said:

Hi @Lorenzo Candelpergher I did not receive the notification for this drive and post, I checked my settings and all are ok, anyway I am confirmed and will see you there but would like to inform you that I have a 4 door wrangle and not a 2 door.

Hi @Ehab, I guess you didn't get the notification because I had hidden the post while publishing it, so this may have prevented notifications out, even when later I hit un-hide.

I'll update your car details, my mistake. 

• Like (+1) 2

• Gaurav changed the title to COVID19 Compliant - Mid-week Evening Fewbie Desert Drive - Lighting up Big Red and Pink Rock in a pitch Black Night - Sharjah - 4 Aug 2021

Important Information

Terms of use