•  
Advertise here

Air bag Jack

Cha

Has anyone ever used the air bag Jack? 

In my opinion, air bag Jack should be more hàndy in desert:

1. it has larger supporting surface to the ground, and shouldnt sink into the sand.

2. It only needs some air to lift the car, and we all have air pumps, saves our energy

Wonder why haven't seen anyone using it? I see most of the air bag jacks are rated with maximum capacity of 3 to 4 tons, and majority of our offroad vehicles are from 1.8 to 2.2 tons. Perhaps only the heavier full size trucks and pick ups should avoid from using it?

66994-3436cd.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3

I have tested the smaller model, which is being sold in the local hardware stores here. It was not even able to lift my little Pajero properly. This was an exhaust jack model.

Another time i drove with a friend who imported a big Australian brand model (+400USD) which he could connect to his compressor. This one was working fine and lifted his Landcruiser easily, but we had to be careful not to put it too close to the exhaust pipe or other hot parts as it would melt the bag immediately.

Pertaining the tonnage rating, be aware that you are not lifting the full vehicle weight. To fix a popout you will be perhaps only lifting 40-50% of the car.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

I have tested the smaller model, which is being sold in the local hardware stores here. It was not even able to lift my little Pajero properly. This was an exhaust jack model.

Another time i drove with a friend who imported a big Australian brand model (+400USD) which he could connect to his compressor. This one was working fine and lifted his Landcruiser easily, but we had to be careful not to put it too close to the exhaust pipe or other hot parts as it would melt the bag immediately.

Pertaining the tonnage rating, be aware that you are not lifting the full vehicle weight. To fix a popout you will be perhaps only lifting 40-50% of the car.

I think this can be sorted by placing something doesn't melt in between. 

I will wait a bit longer to see if someone tell me big no no before I get a piece of it 😉

• Like (+1) 1

Few cons of air jack in off-roading

• Staying away from exhaust line is a real challenge, to burn a hole in 1000+ dhs Jack vs 150 Dhs trolley scissor jack.
  • Inflating do take some time to setup jack and compressor to inflate.
  • If it burst while in operation will cause more damage to car or person.

I have seen once in operation, took him more than 15-20 minutes to lift one side of LC.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thank you @Frederic and @Gaurav . I was actually considering buying the ARB one. What stopped me the price and the weight of it. It is so bulky and heavy. What about this one

9B74E071-DB08-4067-8864-0ADFB9B169D3.jpeg

Just now, Hisham Masaad said:

Thank you @Frederic and @Gaurav . I was actually considering buying the ARB one. What stopped me the price and the weight of it. It is so bulky and heavy. What about this one

To be honest I am not convinced, but thought taking your opinions 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hisham Masaad said:

These ones look great, and i would love to give them a try. I am certain this will work great on a lifted 4x4 but might be more difficult on a stock vehicle. 

The JZX 2 ton floor jack has a minimum height of 89mm. Consider another 20mm for the baseplate and you will be around 110mm. I am not sure about the model but i found a similar looking model online that mentioned the minimum height is 150mm.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

12 minutes ago, Frederic said:

These ones look great, and i would love to give them a try. I am certain this will work great on a lifted 4x4 but might be more difficult on a stock vehicle. 

The JZX 2 ton floor jack has a minimum height of 89mm. Consider another 20mm for the baseplate and you will be around 110mm. I am not sure about the model but i found a similar looking model online that mentioned the minimum height is 150mm.

This is encouraging to make more search and study👍👍

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 months later...

Height is the key on the stock cars, we have had to wiggle a little to get the clearance, but no issues I getting enough height, base is big enough not to need a board, it’s actually better on the compressor than the air tanks, I have struggled to get those filled locally to 4500 psi, everyone maxes out at 3000. so far we have lifted, jeeps, raptors, pajeros, no problems, I think it will need serviced at some point and the manufacturer has sent me a manual for it to be torqued back up etc. I have just got a mount for it for the bed, to replace the burj khalifa, I think I have tested it enough now to run with just the air jack rather than both. I haven't tried the other ones on amazon etc, there is a big price difference, shipping was 200 USD from USA to UAE.

Also just to add, I have a strap around the handles now, so you can activate and release without having an arm under the vehicle, red for up and black for down.

IMG_7931.PNG.64e83f00c1036e8ad0678ca2e065bc0a.PNGIMG_7930.PNG.27d6cea64c9ff4b6dd20c169c23c7962.PNG

Edited by Alex Raptor
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

22 hours ago, PaoloMaraziti said:

@Alex Raptor has one of these and can probably comment, while @Alexander Alcalause the balloon jack if I recall coy… sorry guys for bringing you in but expertise is sought and we need the wizards ! 

Hi.  I had the Australian X-Jack.  After one year carrying it in the back of my jeep I wanted to use it some weeks ago and it blew up.  I think that it cannot handle the summer heat inside a car.  Thanks God it happened before I took the tire off and there were two other mates to help me.  Now I have the ARB Hydraulic Jack that works perfect with a Jeep (same as high-lift but without the safety hazards).

I am curious about that model with the tree small round tubes.  If anybody tries that I would like to hear about the experience.

• Like (+1) 1