•  

From Above...

Enrico Biscaro

this is where you can read the GCAA Law and regulations.

Register here for your drone.

• Like (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

18 hours ago, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

@Enrico Biscaro, this a painful topic. 

First of all, as a hobbyist pilot, you are supposed to register your drone with GCAA (General Civil Aviation Authority) and are free to use it in all emirates except Dubai with the standard limitation (max 120m AGL, max 500 flight radius, i.e. distance, but always in VLOS - visual line of sight, no flying over crowds and private properties, no flying after sunset and before sunrise). In addition, to fly in Dubai emirate, you need to take a specific exam to be certified as an "Hobbyist RPAS Pilot" (RPAS = Remoted Piloted Aircraft System), register your drone and license with DCAA (Dubai Civil Aviation Authority) and apply their ID stickers on both remote and aircraft. This is to fly freely in GREEN ZONES and operate your camera for hobbyist purposes.. Should your footage be used for commercial purposes, you'd be violating the local regulations.

To fly in Yellow Zones, you will require each time a specific permission by the relevant authority, depending on the location (i.e. GCAA for all other emirates, DCAA for Dubai). These permissions are normally granted only for commercial purposes and they are quite expensive (approx 6-7k AED for a single day flying/shooting session). You will need to obtain clearance from GCAA/DCAA + MOD, which is normally only possible by applying through a licensed entity (=company) which has obtained security clearance from MOD. I have tried multiple times to obtain an NOC to fly in YELLOW ZONES for hobbyist purposes but I never succeeded, despite having all the other credentials for professional use. Whenever you fly in yellow or red zones under a GCAA/DCAA NOC, an inspector from MOD will be sent to monitor your operations. If in Dubai, you will have to use a tracker (which sends all data to DCAA, who monitor that you stay within the authorized parameters, which are typically the standard ones, unless you are in RED ZONES, where you may have reduced AGL and flight radius, and coordinate with ATC (Air Traffic Control) before/after take-off and landing. 

As you can see, drones are very strictly regulated in the UAE and I recommend you really know the subject well. Some dare to fly their drones without permissions even in Yellow Zones (which in UAE are mostly defined for military purposes), but I wouldn't recommend doing so, as you may risk to get your aircraft seized and to be fined, if caught. Should you fly close enough to a military base, you may get your drone taken down! 

Many thanks @Lorenzo Candelpergher for listing the above. This is stopping me thinking to have  a drone, better to be as close as possible to the ground 😂, will be using the longest camera stick, should be more than enough 👍

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, sertac said:

I have a Mini2 i was flying when the weather was better now i am waiting for better days to come :)

There are some drone parts in below videos. 

Very nice ones @sertac, where the area in the second video?

6 minutes ago, Hisham Masaad said:

Many thanks @Lorenzo Candelpergher for listing the above. This is stopping me thinking to have  a drone, better to be as close as possible to the ground 😂, will be using the longest camera stick, should be more than enough 👍

One question, does all drones go under registration and permits, or there are small ones can be used without going through all above?

1 hour ago, Hisham Masaad said:

One question, does all drones go under registration and permits, or there are small ones can be used without going through all above?

I had the same question since you can find most drones sold on Amazon and local electronic retailers easily.

• Like (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

2 hours ago, Hisham Masaad said:

Thanks. I am adding the location for you. Regarding registration yes you have to register it trough My Drone Hub application. Very easy to do and free. Dubai as Lorenzo explained. I personally don't fly at Dubai it wont worth the time and money you will be spending. There are not much places to fly anyway.

https://goo.gl/maps/Lz4AJwRwgZJXCwY49

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use