•  
Advertise here

Saving comments as "bookmarks" for the future

I've been delving deep into the forums over the past few weeks and just the astounding level of detail is mind-boggling. There's so much amazing insight, guidance and opinion here that I've truly learned so much than I ever had before. But one feature I've been looking for is the ability to save/bookmark/favorite a comment on the threads so I can come back to it later. I've been following the topic and reacting to them so they appear in my timeline as a way of leaving bread crumbs. But I'd like the ability to go directly to the comment on a topic that really stood out to me.

Is there a way on the Carnity forums where we can favorite a post and commit it to our profiles so it can be visited again and again in the future? And while doing so, being able to add tags to the bookmark so I can tag it into categories.

In the meantime, I'm just saving those pages the old school way as bookmarks on my browser in addition to following the topic but keen to see how the others are tackling this.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

3 minutes ago, munkybizness said:

I've been delving deep into the forums over the past few weeks and just the astounding level of detail is mind-boggling. There's so much amazing insight, guidance and opinion here that I've truly learned so much than I ever had before. But one feature I've been looking for is the ability to save/bookmark/favorite a comment on the threads so I can come back to it later. I've been following the topic and reacting to them so they appear in my timeline as a way of leaving bread crumbs. But I'd like the ability to go directly to the comment on a topic that really stood out to me.

Is there a way on the Carnity forums where we can favorite a post and commit it to our profiles so it can be visited again and again in the future? And while doing so, being able to add tags to the bookmark so I can tag it into categories.

In the meantime, I'm just saving those pages the old school way as bookmarks on my browser in addition to following the topic but keen to see how the others are tackling this.

That is a very good point you are bringing. Personally i used to copy/paste the browser hyperlinks into a Word file called "Carnity Articles". But it would indeed be interesting to have a kind of bookmarks configuration. 

The Search function also works pretty well, and most of the time i use to trace back old articles.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

33 minutes ago, munkybizness said:

I do the same all the time, not only for Carnity but other forums as well. 

But an interesting idea.

• Like (+1) 2

This seems a very good idea and feature suggestion @munkybizness. Thanks for that.

Will see what tech boys can come up with for this request (already requested).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

That is a very good point you are bringing. Personally i used to copy/paste the browser hyperlinks into a Word file called "Carnity Articles". But it would indeed be interesting to have a kind of bookmarks configuration. 

The Search function also works pretty well, and most of the time i use to trace back old articles.

@Frederic If you have the Office Suite, you can also use OneNote and sort different topics into pages so it gives you the ability to create folders and structure. But I guess you already have a method to your madness... 🤓

43 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

I do the same all the time, not only for Carnity but other forums as well. 

But an interesting idea.

It all goes swimmingly until your bookmark folders have nested folders 😬

28 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

This seems a very good idea and feature suggestion @munkybizness. Thanks for that.

Will see what tech boys can come up with for this request (already requested).

Awesome! Thank you @Gaurav :) Always happy to alpha test the solution whenever it becomes a part of your roadmap.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks @munkybizness for this great idea, finally we have implement the Bookmark.

Below each topic and comment you'll see the Bookmark option now.

image.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

28 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Thanks @munkybizness for this great idea, finally we have implement the Bookmark.

Below each topic and comment you'll see the Bookmark option now.

image.png

Wow! Thank you :) 🤩🙏🏽
Can’t believe you guys made it happen, and so quickly too! I’m going to use tomorrow to get cracking on saving all of your advice :)

This a testament to why @Carnity is the place to be.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

• 1 month later...