•  

COVID 19 compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock - Sharjah - 12 Aug 2021

Wrangeld

9 minutes ago, Ishraque said:

I was working out and injured my foot, sorry, will need to drop out of tomorrows drive. Apologies for the last minute changes.

Hope you get well soon, take care

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

All, I know it was said on the radio, but just  to reiterate that was an awesome drive. Everyone drove brilliantly and where necessary executed great self recoveries. Your convoy discipline and radio comms were exemplary and it was a real pleasure. Thank you everyone. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Post Drive Report

Was close to simply writing 'what he said'. 

Thanks everyone for the awesome drive today. For the few fewbies on the drive, because everyone did so well, we were at Fewbie Plus level for the majority of the drive. The ridge riding, criss-crossing and climbing was fantastic. Convoy discipline, particularly on the hills and where we did have problems was incredible - that last point where the route was lost as we were in complex Big Red dunes in particular:

• You told us that the track had been lost immediately you had any doubt.
  • You did not go looking for it thinking that you could find us.
  • The instruction on how to find the front of the convoy was followed to the 'T'
  • Immediately we got back into the sight the convoy went back into order. 

I know when people are enjoying the drive: it's usually the point at which someone asks if the radios are working because nothing has been heard for a while. There was a lot of radio silence today. 

My apology to the WL drivers. In the end, there was a now show which would have left the door open for increasing the numbers in the convoy. The reason we ask for people to let us know early if there is a chance that you will not be there is to avoid situations where we could have added more people to the convoy. 

Thanks for the support as 2nd lead @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil CF @Watteau and Sweep @Hisham Masaad and each of you for making this such an enjoyable convoy @Larry Cadden @Javier Lucero @Tareck @Will Seivewright and @darren thompson sorry you had to leave early. Hope you sort it our quickly. 

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use