•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - South Solar Park - Dubai - 13 Aug 2021

Kailas

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive details

Level:  Fewbie Plus and Above

When: 13 Aug 2021, Friday.

Meeting time: 05:15 AM SHARP

Meeting Point:   https://goo.gl/maps/4UiLiier2aPomBdz6 

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 09:00 AM

End Point: 

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. WE WILL  ENDING THE DRIVE A POINT, WHICH IS NOT CLOSE TO AN AIR LINE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 3:00pm
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

RSVP Below

• Gaurav changed the title to COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - South Solar Park - Dubai - 13 Aug 2021
On 8/8/2021 at 9:37 PM, varunmehndiratta said:

Hi @Kailas had missed that being extended weekend Thursday is also counted as weekend. Have exited from this drive plz wait-list me for 2nd drive. 

Hi @Kailas  please take me off the WL as well planning to join Fredric for Lens club the night before so won't be able to join. 

• Like (+1) 1

Here's the convoy list for tomorrow morning.

1.Kailas- L

2. @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil-SL

3. @Sunil Mathew

4. @JeromeFJ

5. @Chinthaka Ruwan

6. @Nivin-CF

7. @Pacific

8. @Darren Brooke

9. @Russ-SW

We will be on channel 2. Please note that I have updated the time to 5:15 AM. Please be aware that there is Richard's Absolute newbie starting point in the same area. I have moved the starting point a bit further in, so please follow the google map location.

See you all tomorrow.

Cheers!

• Like (+1) 6

Thank you Kailas it was a very challenging and exciting drive this morning.

The sand and the dunes in this area were just beautiful.

Fast pace, nice climbing and serious criss-crossing and ridge riding. 

I did get a few refusals and stucks but hey... That's how we learn right ? :) thank you everyone for the support and patience. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

4 hours ago, Alain Canivet-Abikhalil said:

Thank you Kailas it was a very challenging and exciting drive this morning.

The sand and the dunes in this area were just beautiful.

Fast pace, nice climbing and serious criss-crossing and ridge riding. 

I did get a few refusals and stucks but hey... That's how we learn right ? :) thank you everyone for the support and patience. 

Thank you @Kailas for wonderful drive. It was great feeling as I rejoined te convoy after 2months. Getting the grip back, good thing happened that car need shovel and even a tug, which had never happened so far. Every driver should get in such situations and understand the sand and conditions better to be more confident and contained. 

Thanks to @Nivin and @Russ for excellent support. 

A big thank you to @JeromeFJ for extending your helping hand by extending your pressure tubing of compressor, as mine betrayed at the end. Nice to meet you Jerome. 

• Like (+1) 4

Thanks @Kailas for the excellent drive today…it was a crisis crossing feast!!!

lost control on couple of crossings with some refusals too. Had my share of learning experiences.

there was some confusion regarding the radio frequencies as many of us were on the old channel 5 - 462.887 while some were on the new one 446.106.

https://carnity.com/forums/topic/16442-updated-carnity-radio-frequencies?tab=comments#comment-89131

better we all tune into these new ones

excellent support from @Nivin and @Russ, helping out with recoveries.

• Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use