•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Searching for Water: Solar Park - Dubai - 12 Aug 2021

Ale Vallecchi

17 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

@Ale Vallecchi the drive is on Thursday, not sure if i missed the instruction for this extended weekend - is this drive considered as weekend drive? 

Yes @varunmehndiratta, this being a long weekend. 

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

@Ale Vallecchi the drive is on Thursday, not sure if i missed the instruction for this extended weekend - is this drive considered as weekend drive? 

Yes its Thursday, but as part of long weekend drives due to public holiday on Thursday.

So single drive restriction still implies till Wed - 12:00 AM

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

2 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Yes its Thursday, but as part of long weekend drives due to public holiday on Thursday.

So single drive restriction still implies till Wed - 12:00 AM

Thanks @Gaurav ... @Ale Vallecchi will waitlist myself from other drive...finding water is more imp for sustainable world...😃😃👍 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear @Pieter Potgieter if this is your only drive of the weekend, I can sign you up, as there is an open spot. Please confirm. Thanks

Dear @munkybizness, @Ramandbx, @Ajit John and @mkhatry can you please inform if this would be your only drive of the weekend, or you are already signed up in another drive? Precedence in the waiting list goes to members who still have not signed up in another drive. Thanks. 

Hi @Ale Vallecchi, I’m already signed up for another drive and this would be my second drive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above (all levels)

Meeting time: 5.30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/QxKappTkq8r5shU1A

Action Plan: We'll drive from Solar Park's tarmac road toward the Bab al Shams's road, crossing the southern Qudra area, in search of .... water, that is either the remnants of its presence, or the still active and maintained water springs and lakes that characterize this part of Dubai's desert (not the well known, "touristy" ones, but the truly natural bodies of water, springing and flowing amidst the sand). We'll cross all sorts of dunes, tall and low, open and tight, mostly in a south to north direction, working on our side-sloping and dune crossing (mostly straight, with first rudiments of easy criss-crossing, when possible with absolute safety). 

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 9:30 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 12 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Wednesday - 5 PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar 

Please add me to the waiting list and this is my third drive. Thank you in advance 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use