•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Searching for Water: Solar Park - Dubai - 12 Aug 2021

Ale Vallecchi

Hello @Ramandbx. I am about to close the drive for good. Do you wish to participate, or can I let another member in? Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.

4 hours ago, Zixuan Huang - Charlie said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi, I'd like to join the drive if there is still space

Hi @Zixuan Huang - Charlie. I can sign you up if you wish to confirm. Thanks a lot.

• Thanks (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hello @Ramandbx. I am about to close the drive for good. Do you wish to participate, or can I let another member in? Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.

Hi @Zixuan Huang - Charlie. I can sign you up if you wish to confirm. Thanks a lot.

Yes I confirm.

@Ale Vallecchi

• Thanks (+1) 1

Dear Desertnauts.

A few important info about tomorrow's drive.

FIRST - Please note the new meeting point is the following: https://maps.app.goo.gl/5nVsM5gJRN6EYMWP8  This is just a couple hundred meters further ahead than the old one, and on the left side of the tarmac (in the direction of Solar Park). The location has been changed due to the ongoing roadworks next to the original meeting point. Once you'll reach, line up according to the arrangement below:

CONVOY ONE - with Ale Vallecchi will be made of:

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie

@Mahesh Khatry

@Alexanderrr

@Nibu Venu

@Ferl Brown

@Tom V

@Pieter Potgieter

@Ajit John

@Ramandbx (please confirm)

@Rsjiv Samuel, and @Islam Soliman with @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ in support

PLEASE LINE UP JUST NEXT TO THE TARMAC, ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ROAD (look out for oncoming vehicles while crossing). This convoy will be on Carnity Channel #1 (446.006)

CONVOY TWO - With @Gaurav will be made of:

@kiranshinde

@Joji varghese

@Savio Fernandes

@Adam James

@Damien Ranjit

@Gilbert Khalil

@Naim Aoun

@munkybizness

@Hilal Sharafudeen

@Richard Franks

@topgear, and @varunmehndiratta in support.

PLEASE LINE UP TO THE LEFT OF CONVOY 1 (MORE AWAY FROM THE TARMAC) , ALSO ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ROAD (look out for oncoming vehicles while crossing). This convoy will be on Carnity Channel #2 (446.031)

Once reached the meeting point, and verified you are with the right convoy, please start deflating. Each convoy will be briefed separately by myself and Gaurav, and we'll move a few minutes apart from each other. 

The drive will take us in search of water (or remnants of it), first in the southernmost parts of Qudra, south of the bike track, then slowly northward, toward the more technical areas of central Qudra, and eventually west, closer to the Bab al Shams road. We expect to exit at the manmade Qudra Lakes, just next to the Last Exit. We have prepared an itinerary of just under 60 Km, so we'll focus on more open terrain, to practice mostly side sloping, and straight crossing. 

Looking forward to seeing all of you tomorrow. Enjoy the end of the short week.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Here is the convoy numbering for the SECOND Convoy.

We will use Radio Channel 2

In case of any emergency you can reach me at 050 5258706

@kiranshinde@Joji varghese @Savio Fernandes @Adam James @Damien Ranjit @Gilbert Khalil @Naim Aoun @munkybizness @Hilal Sharafudeen @Richard Franks @topgear @varunmehndiratta

1. Gaurav                    Silver Pajero
  2. munkybizness         White Y61 Patrol
  3. Joji varghese           Black Fortuner 2.7
  4. kiranshinde             White Y62 Patrol
  5. Savio Fernandes     Grey Y62 Patrol
  6. Hilal Sharafudeen   Silver Y62 Patrol
  7. varunmehndiratta  Grey Wrangler LWB
  8. Damien Ranjit        Silver Pathfinder R51
  9. Adam James           FJ Cruiser
  10. Gilbert Khalil          Black FJ Cruiser
  11. Naim Aoun            Grey Wrangler LWB
  12. Richard Franks       Red Wrangler LWB
  13. topgear                  White FJ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

2 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts.

A few important info about tomorrow's drive.

FIRST - Please note the new meeting point is the following: https://maps.app.goo.gl/5nVsM5gJRN6EYMWP8  This is just a couple hundred meters further ahead than the old one, and on the left side of the tarmac (in the direction of Solar Park). The location has been changed due to the ongoing roadworks next to the original meeting point. Once you'll reach, line up according to the arrangement below:

CONVOY ONE - with Ale Vallecchi will be made of:

@Zixuan Huang - Charlie

@Mahesh Khatry

@Alexanderrr

@Nibu Venu

@Ferl Brown

@Tom V

@Pieter Potgieter

@Ajit John

@Ramandbx (please confirm)

@Rsjiv Samuel, and @Islam Soliman with @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ in support

PLEASE LINE UP JUST NEXT TO THE TARMAC, ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ROAD (look out for oncoming vehicles while crossing). This convoy will be on Carnity Channel #1 (446.006)

CONVOY TWO - With @Gaurav will be made of:

@kiranshinde

@Joji varghese

@Savio Fernandes

@Adam James

@Damien Ranjit

@Gilbert Khalil

@Naim Aoun

@munkybizness

@Hilal Sharafudeen

@Richard Franks

@topgear, and @varunmehndiratta in support.

PLEASE LINE UP TO THE LEFT OF CONVOY 1 (MORE AWAY FROM THE TARMAC) , ALSO ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ROAD (look out for oncoming vehicles while crossing). This convoy will be on Carnity Channel #2 (446.031)

Once reached the meeting point, and verified you are with the right convoy, please start deflating. Each convoy will be briefed separately by myself and Gaurav, and we'll move a few minutes apart from each other. 

The drive will take us in search of water (or remnants of it), first in the southernmost parts of Qudra, south of the bike track, then slowly northward, toward the more technical areas of central Qudra, and eventually west, closer to the Bab al Shams road. We expect to exit at the manmade Qudra Lakes, just next to the Last Exit. We have prepared an itinerary of just under 60 Km, so we'll focus on more open terrain, to practice mostly side sloping, and straight crossing. 

Looking forward to seeing all of you tomorrow. Enjoy the end of the short week.

Hi. Confirming tomorrow's drive. 

3 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hi. Confirmed fir tomorrow. Thanks. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hi @Ale Vallecchi @Gaurav noted that meeting time is bit later than usual around 5:30am. Hope that's the final time and I didn't miss any notes. Also for clarity this is meeting time or starting time. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi @Gaurav noted that meeting time is bit later than usual around 5:30am. Hope that's the final time and I didn't miss any notes. Also for clarity this is meeting time or starting time. 

image.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

12 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

So was reading right ...was bit late than usual so thought better to confirm. 👍👍

Yes @varunmehndiratta (and all drivers) the meeting time is 5:30 AM. The sunrise is at 5:51 AM and light will break at 5:27 AM, so no need to meet too early. 

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use